Android 4.04 build - now fully working!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dwl99

Re: Android 4.04 build - now fully working!

Post by dwl99 »

I purchased Squeeze Ctrl too but went back to the bog standard Logitech app as I found Squeeze Ctrl to be a bit temperamental.
gegs

Post by gegs »

That's weird because I use it as a controller on my phone and my Android Joggler and have never had any trouble with it. Maybe I don't give it the same kind of thrashing you do ;)

Are you using the new version? It used to be called Squeeze Control but is now a differently listed app called Squeeze Ctrl. Purchasers of the original version need to purchase the new one and request a refund from the developer for the 1st version; it's something to do with Google Play's T&Cs and is explained on the app page in Google Play.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Thanks, I knew about the change but the wife & kids are now used to the Logitech version. Which also does quite good albumart.

I was also puzzled why the Squeeze Control developer felt the need to charge extra for the tablet interface. It seemed to be an alternative to the phone version rather than an addition.
gegs

Post by gegs »

The ability to independently (or collectively) alter the volume of synchronised players is the main reason I like the 3rd party apps. I use Squeeze Ctrl on Android and iPeng on the iPad.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

What are you guys using to serve your music for squeeze player ? I already kodi set up on my Revo which can act as a server , can it pick that up or will I have to set up a squeeze server ?
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

All 'squeeze players' depend on LMS for the music library
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks , Will LMS be better on my Revo or will a Joggler do it OK ?
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Hey Hawsey...geez I was able to boot up Android here across that big pond with the EFI boot partition on the Joggler you have next to (in) your kitchen...amazing stuff...;)...internet wonders never cease...

Here have Squeeze box server running on my MythTV Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit box getting its music collection from a dedicated music NAS box; well same as the Kodi boxes using same music NAS box.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Are you using Android now too Pete :-)
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Depends.

I rotate the use of a tablet(s) whatever OS when I have to go here or there and prefer it to my smartphone (cuz the screen is bigger and my eyes are older?). Well then I shut it off when I get back home.

Playing with it on the Joggler but my preferences still relating to best bang for the buck is using Buzz's Ubuntu 1st, embedded Wintel 2nd, Android 3 and built in flash OS last. Too little space on the 1Gb MMC to do much with it; well except for running the alternative Squeezeplayer OS>
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

hawsey wrote:Thanks , Will LMS be better on my Revo or will a Joggler do it OK ?
Works fine on a Joggler.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Dwl99 hi, I thought you posted a working build of this OS but I can't see your link in the thread now , maybe I just missed it , am I right in thinking the link in the first post isn't right anymore ?
( Its not for me :-))
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Here you go http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 598#p19800
Did the Cragside Carriageway walk yesterday ☺
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers David :-) that's one of my favourite walks , you are on top of the world up there .
Did you see any red squirrels up there ? Its hard to believe Lady Armstrong drove a horse and carriage around those purpose built tracks over a hundred years ago !
Happy Joggling
johnadams

Re: Help with Android 4.04 build please

Post by johnadams »

cliche wrote:I've fixed the root issue - it wasn't rooted properly so no amount of SuperSUor other messing with APKs was going to help!

To fix: edit build.prop and set ro.secure to 0. Then set the suid bit on the 'su' binary installed in xbin.

If I get time later I'll investigate using a kernel from the other thread - from a brief read I get the impression that the kernel patch which changes the pin allocations isn't necessary.

Thanks mate! I had the same problem and i realized that my android device wasn't rooted properly.
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

has anyone got ethernet working on this build?? bit of a deal breaker for me :(
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

The original (buggy) builds are at http://www.familie-kirchhofer.de/android/ and it says "Ethernet works when configured using the command line" so it's probably just a matter of installing a Terminal app on the Joggler & editing a configuration file. Somebody cleverer than me will be along in a moment to explain :-)
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

here's hoping!
midnight

Post by midnight »

Hey all....this is brill, just decided to go back to messing with Joggler after all these years. It'd been more or less redundant and operating just as a clock

I'm wondering though, is youtube/iplayer not supported? When I try, it loads but as soon as I go to load video, youtube looks like its trying to start buffer/restart several times, then just fails to play. Iplayer does similar flashing a few times and fails to play.

BBC Radio player plays radio fine at least.

Trying to hide the bottom buttons now, as thats annoying at night....and also hunting for a decent digital clock to use that looks good, ideally can auto turn to nighttime colours when it gets late and have alarm etc
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

There are no proper graphics drivers for the Joggler so video is a no-no :-(