Android 4.04 build - now fully working!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: Android 4.04 build - now fully working!

Post by hawsey »

Cheers for that, I usually use the HP utilities format tool but will have a look at bootsector.img next time.
Thinking about screen rotation I wondered about an app for that and have found this Ultimate Rotation Control
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... te+android
It works on three apps I tried, wordswithfriends, evernote food and another, I forget, so this might be a solution for us :-).
Also I found that xbmc android branched an x86 build recently and I tried the latest nightly and an older build and they get through installation but black screen after that :-/
I did the nova launcher and remove trebuchet and it works great, do you think we could also remove the speech recorder app?
I am finding this build a little slower than the 1.2.3 build though , maybee I need a faster stick or external hdd boot. B-)
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

That app looks like a good find, will give it a go with Tripadvisor.
The bootsector.img thingy will leave you with a raw, unformatted drive so you'll still need your formatting tool. I thought this build was a wee bit faster than the 2.2, certainly with Squeezeplayer & Squeezebox. And it's great having the newer Gmail app. I tried to remove the speech recorder & sound recorder apps by deleting them in the system & cache folders, but they kept coming back. I also uninstalled them with Titanium Backup but they still kept coming back. In the end I froze them with Titanium Backup & they have effectively gone away.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

ahh i see .
Messing about with a usb hub and devices with this image i can see the following;
1:usb boot fine on port no 4 of a 7 port usb hub (other ports not tried due previous issues , joggler specific)

2:mini usb keboard (tablet case type) working fine and typing this post on it , why you might well ask however it does have some advantages , the main one for me is that the on screen keboard does not pop up thus more of the screen is visible whilst typing

3: usb mini mouse fully functional including right click .

4:usb external storage shows up fine using es file explorer .

5:usb bluetooth dongle not working , tried two however they work on the previous best build in the other thread ,this is a shame for me as it means the OBDII /torque , car project i have in mind for a joggler will be a no go unless it could be fixed
Happy Joggling
gazupnorth

Post by gazupnorth »

Massive thanks to cliche and dwl99. Now got my joggler up and running with Android.

Hope you don't mind me posting here, Is there an app. on the play store that I can use to play music from my music collection that I have stored on my main desktop pc via my homenetwork. I have Logitech media server up and running from when I had my joggler used as a squeezeplayer. I run Windows 7 on my desktop PC. I can't seem to find an app on playstore to use my joggler as a squeezplayer ?
I'm a bit lost when it comes to getting music running on my joggler over my network. Any help would be useful.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

You need Logitech Media Server running on your PC and on the Joggler you need SqueezePlayer (paid) and the Logitech Squeezebox app (free). SqueezePlayer lets the Joggler operate as a player and the Squeezebox app controls it. Although SqueezePlayer isn't free it's well worth the money IMHO. The end effect is like having a Squeezebox Touch.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I found a great fake GPS app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... egps&hl=en which lets you use apps that require a GPS location (e.g. Tripadvisor).
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Agreed, although I've not tried it on a Joggler yet Squeezeplayer is excellent on my various tablets and phones. There is a 2nd app available that does the same but I've not tried it.

There's is another alternative to make use of your LMS which is to make sure LMS has the DNLA plugin enabled and then use Skifta or another DNLA app on Android.

Another point worth making is that while the official Logitech app is OK and the closest you'll get to the actual squeezebox touch UI I personally prefer either Orange Squeeze or Squeeze Commander when using a phone or tablet as a remote.

If you search for squeezebox in the Google Play/Store or whatever name they call it right now you'll find it returns all of the mentioned apps and others.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I tried LMS on my AcerRevo 3610 but it was no good as it also runs XBMC 24/7 and there was not enough grunt so I ended up using xbmc and an Android app called upnp play ( there are other UPNP apps) and it worked well as xbmc acts as a server too :-D .
Think the Squeeze solutions will be the best but the above way worked.
Happy Joggling
gazupnorth

Post by gazupnorth »

thanks everyone for the help
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Anyone managed to get Chrome running on this build? I tried a few Beta versions of Chrome that were allegedly compatible with x86 processores but although they installed they would not load.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Have a search on your build , I have a working version of Chrome on mine that I am pretty sure came with this build :-)
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

hawsey wrote:Have a search on your build , I have a working version of Chrome on mine that I am pretty sure came with this build :-)
Funny, I can't see anything. Although I might have unwittingly uninstalled it. Would you be able to upload a Titanium Backup file for it?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yes no worries , in an hour or so after the little one is in bed :-)
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Done :-)
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Cheers pal, that worked fine
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

You are welcome, just ordered that now tv box you were telling me about B-)
Happy Joggling
verg0

Post by verg0 »

Any advancements on KitKat x86 anyone...?
monkums

Post by monkums »

Can't event get this to load at all.

USB stick is OK and runs XBMC no problem. I've tried using the bootsector.img as suggested but to just won't boot.

It looks like it starts to boot but then ditches back into SPOS which is installed internally.

Any suggestions?
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Even if your USB stick booted SqPOS before I still recommend trying as many USB sticks as you can lay your hands on.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

For those of us using an Android Joggler as a Squeezeplay device - Squeeze Control https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... id.sqzctrl in tablet mode works very well on the Joggler (£3.68, for tablet mode 61p in-app purchase needed), thanks to gegs for the heads-up. You can use Squeezeplayer https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eezeplayer (£2.19) as a software player or SB Player https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... d.sbplayer (£1.84) instead. Squeeze Control integrates directly with SB Player so you can launch both apps simultaneously by tapping on the Squeeze Control app. For those of us who already had Squeezeplayer installed I contacted the dev and he has now integrated Squeeze Control into the launch screen for Squeezeplayer. Squeeze Control has many nice features, including the ability to sync different players.

EDIT - I just discovered that SB Player doesn't show up in Google Play for the Joggler. I tried sideloading the apk but it didn't work. So for the Joggler, it looks like Squeezeplayer + Squeeze Control is the best option.