Android 4.04 build - now fully working!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dwl99

Re: Android 4.04 build - now fully working!

Post by dwl99 »

see this post for a screenshot of the partition sizes on my 8GB USB stick. http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =40#p24628
I found that my NAS quickly filled up the stick with its cache when I used it as a photo frame which was my main reason for changing the partition sizes. I'm not sure that any Windows utility can resize ext4 partitions so I would stick to gparted http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Gparted - just make sure you choose the correct disk to resize or you may inadvertently trash your OS HDD. To be safe you may want to physically disconnect your PC's HDDs and just boot from the cd/dvd.
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

dwl99 wrote:see this post for a screenshot of the partition sizes on my 8GB USB stick. http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =40#p24628
I found that my NAS quickly filled up the stick with its cache when I used it as a photo frame which was my main reason for changing the partition sizes. I'm not sure that any Windows utility can resize ext4 partitions so I would stick to gparted- just make sure you choose the correct disk to resize or you may inadvertently trash your OS HDD. To be safe you may want to physically disconnect your PC's HDDs and just boot from the cd/dvd.

Thanks for the advice.
I loaded up gparted and it allowed me to extend the last partition to fill the space.
But it didnt seem possible to enlarge the droid user FAT partition which is what Windows sees and happily accesses.
In fact I couldnt see how to change the size of any of the partitions other than the last one.
I am indeed a linux nooby, booby even, so am struggling.
gegs

Post by gegs »

mikeywilliams wrote:I loaded up gparted and it allowed me to extend the last partition to fill the space.
But it didnt seem possible to enlarge the droid user FAT partition which is what Windows sees and happily accesses.
I think you would need to move the partitions to the right of droid-user to leave some unallocated space next to it, then resize droid-user to fill the unallocated space alongside it. Gparted will carry out your instructions in order but be aware that moving a partition will take much longer than simply resizing one to fill empty space.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Yep, that's indeed what I had to do.
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

Succeeded in resizing but by a rather roundabout way.

First used Gparted to expand and move the partitions ssd4 nd ssd3
I found that the reason I couldnt do it before was because the drive was mounted and I had to unmount it.

That left 10Gb or so (on a 16Gb flash) unallocated.
Tried to move the ssd2 boot partition but Gparted refused with a warning about expected cluster size not being suitable for windows.

So I then connected the flash drive to my PC and MiniTool Partition Wizard let me move the boot partition and then to extend the ssd1 partition.
So now the flash drive works fine in the joggler with around 10Gb accessible by Windows to put on lots of lovely pictures and audiobooks.

Wether I could have done it all in Gparted only you Linux experts will know.
gegs

Post by gegs »

If anybody is using iPlayer on the Joggler to cast video to a Chromecast, be warned that the recent update (29 September, I think) doesn't work. It crashes shortly after opening. I found the apk from 5 September that works brillliantly; I'll upload it to Dropbox when I have time and edit this post to include the link*

I've switched off automatic updates on the Joggler to stop this happening again.

*This is as much for my benefit as anybody else's; I don't think anybody else on the forum is using the Joggler and Chromecast together. Shout out if I'm wrong.

My Dropbox account is full so I've uploaded it to Mega. Let me know if you have any problems with the link:

https://mega.nz/#!JkdWSTZB!1Pk6mrXbtwuW ... U-qF-0R2fY
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Could someone please download AnTuTu benchmark tester and tell me their score :-)
I get 5480 , you have to scroll to the bottom to see the result and to run it again you have to go in to settings and clear data / force stop .
I'm finding it a little slow and just wondering how other people speed things up , I tried a super fast new USB stick and also an old one but both seem to run pretty much the same .
Happy Joggling
gegs

Post by gegs »

I tried to download it but I'm getting a "your device isn't compatible" error from Google Play
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks gegs , I had to get it from Apk mirror
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/antutu/ant ... -download/
Don't click on the play store link , use the other one .
Cheers
Happy Joggling
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

hawsey wrote:Thanks gegs , I had to get it from Apk mirror
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/antutu/ant ... -download/
Don't click on the play store link , use the other one .
Cheers

I downloaded and installed the one you suggested but when I run it the error message says that unfortunately it has stopped.
It is version 5.7
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hmm I'm not at home so not sure which version I run but it always runs once if you cancel the update it suggests and runs all the way through to the score , second time you have to go to apps settings clear data , force stop then it will run again once :-)
I'll check version tonight
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

It's version 3.5.3 so it's an older version , ill try upload an apk , it might have been from Aptoide :-)
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Amazon Prime music app is working on this build OK , well I tried a few songs :-) I got a phone as a Christmas prezzie last year off my good wife and it came with a years free Amazon Prime , not sure I'll want to pay £89 for it come Decembers renewal date .
The music thing has just recently been added to Prime UK .
More messing with this tomorrow I think .
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

The bog standard amazon music app works too
Error

Post by Error »

lol@ your avatar dwl :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ha ha I've just seen that too, love it .
Yep that's what I meant the Amazon music app , listening to it now through the Joggler .
Any ideas how to boost the joggler volume , I've seen it on PNPIII I'm pretty sure i have it coming out of the headphone jack to a hi fi .
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

I was just smarting a bit after having recently bought a Passat :-)
Have you checked whatever music app you're using to see if it has a separate volume control? The Logitech Squeezeplay app has a slider that is set at 50% by default. Also check the Android sound settings. My Joggler is connected to a pair of powered PC speakers via the headphone socket.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yep I'm just using Amazon app and BBC radio app for Radio 6 , not tried the Squeeze play yet but mean to soon ,
I just find it a little low still after all the settings are adjusted , think I'm just going deaf ha .
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Squeezeplayer https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eezeplayer is paid for but worth every penny IMHO. You can then use the Squeezebox app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eboxremote and use it to stream your media. You can also access Tunein Radio via the Squeezebox app & this will cover all your BBC radio stations.
gegs

Post by gegs »

I agree that Squeezeplayer is worth the money, especially if you use Squeeze Ctrl (also paid-for but worth it) as the user interface.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... queezectrl

There's also an extra $1 charge for tablet mode which some have quibbled about. I think that independent developers deserve reward for their work and to encourage them to continue development, so although the app might seem expensive, it's about the same price as a city centre pint of beer and a packet of crisps. You won't regret it once you've used it.

Note that the screen shots on Google Play don't show album artwork, to avoid copyright claims, but they do appear in the app.