Android or Original OS?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
profet

Android or Original OS?

Post by profet »

So, Android is great, and the clock is great (and dim) at night, BUT there is no flash (so no iPlayer) and no way I can find to stream my videos from a DLNA server.

The original Openpeak OS is great, iPlayer and DLNA work perfectly, BUT the clock is too damn bright for me to keep it on at night.

Basically, I can't use the original OS because the clock is too bright and I can't use Android cause it misses some big features.

Is there a better clock app for the Openpeak OS? Any way to dim it more? Any other advice? Are there any other apps for the Openpeak software, and where can I get them? I've got iPlayer and the browser installed.

Thanks!
asantaga

Re: Android or Original OS?

Post by asantaga »

Hey Profet,

Im by no means saying our android build is perfect, but there are DLNA players for android, I think one is Plug Player... ask @dwl99 Im sure he mentioned one to me,
Angelo
dwl99

Re: Android or Original OS?

Post by dwl99 »

plug player & gmote are the only ones I came across. In spite of everyone's hard work I've come to the conclusion that Android on the Joggler is just too buggy to be suitable for day to day use.