Meego 1.2.80 for Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pipposanta

Meego 1.2.80 for Joggler

Post by pipposanta »

I just want to say that meego 1.2.80 is available for our jogglers
http://www.mporting.com/2011/05/meego-t ... r-joggler/
http://www.mporting.com/download/

I am downloading it right now. I will let you know.
asantaga

Re: Meego 1.2.80 for Joggler

Post by asantaga »

Blimy these guys at mporting are FAB!
Angelo
Utakos

Post by Utakos »

Looks ok so far, I just wish I could figure out how to get in into english lol

ok found it lol
OwenRW

Post by OwenRW »

According to Google translate...

6, If you want to change the language to English, you can modfiy the argument "live_locale = en_US.UTF-8" in grub.cfg
OwenRW

Post by OwenRW »

I tried it, and it seems ok, just too difficult to use without a keyboard and mouse... and it doesn't seem to fit on the screen properly... other than that, it's pretty good.
photize

Post by photize »

trying it out , easy fat32 instll looks nice, flash connects to the wifi ok but a bit flakey would be an understatement, keyboard and mouse all ok win button goes back to the begining (most of the time), thought Id try it as its easier to instal than on my N900 , keep you informed :D
speculatrix

Post by speculatrix »

I read that meego1.2 was released, tried to roll my own but couldn't make it boot, found link to the download mentioned here.

I partitioned a usb drive as a 600MB fat32 partition, the rest as ext3, formatting them both, unzipped the downloaded meego file. Booted it and it worked!

Tried giving it a cat5 cable but it didn't seem to be doing anything - no dhcp on the lan.

It's odd that the display seems to overflow the edges, same problem someone else saw.

Somehow I found a control panel with a wifi logo and it showed some wifi networks. Then I did something wrong and they all vanished. Couldn't figure out how to get them back. I came looking for help and found this thread.

Ok, so someone found a fix for it being in Chinese, so things look better. Now, where's the wifi settings again...

Oooh, I dragged down from the top and another set of stuff appeared. Ah, I can switch between the original sliding "card" view and an icon view.

Ok, I've added wpa key (annoying that the password box disappeared under the virtual keyboard). Yes, I have a working web browser!

Am not sure why I can't seem to close apps. Maybe there's missing close buttons off the edge?
speculatrix

Post by speculatrix »

hmm, I am stuck with a blank screen again, no matter how hard I try I cannot drag down the status bar and regain control. I guess you really do have to have a keyboard. I've been considering hacking my joggler to add additional usb ports for that very purpose.

sigh, rebooting caused it to forget the wifi settings.

hmm, no sound. anyone had working sound?

ok, am stuck again in the video player, can't find out how to exit.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Was bored waiting for O2 to finish trying to break my Jogglers so I gave this old port of Meego a try off the mporting site
http://www.mporting.com/category/meego/
It is a bit buggy and not complete but it gives you a good idea of where Meego was headed, I quite like it.
Happy Joggling