SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jaydee999

Re: SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

Post by jaydee999 »

Hi castalla
All sorted! LMS on the Joggler is currently scanning for new media, and I can see all the files and folders in the /media/nas folder when I go in via WinSCP.
Many thanks for your help! Much appreciated!
jaydee
castalla

Post by castalla »

Great. It should all work automatically from now on when you boot the joggler, as fstaqb will mount the nas folder.

cheers
gegs

Post by gegs »

I'm having trouble accessing the Plugins page in LMS settings. I can choose Advanced, select an installed plugin from the drop-down and modify its settings; what I can't do is access the Plugins page to install or uninstall plugins. All I get is an endlessly spinning wheel on my browser tab.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm guessing a 3rd party plugin has screwed things up but I'm not really sure.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Hi all. I've been using my jogglers happily for internet radio and Spotify duties but have just acquired a cocktail audio x10 fairly cheaply and expected to be able to stream from it using the joggler.
Under LMS interface I can see the new cocktail upnp server listed and can search album names and see tracks. However, when I try to select a track to play it I get a UPnP fail error, check UPnP server.
There's so little to select/change that I don't understand why this isn't working.
My router is on low security which should allow all ports.
Being able to see tracks but not play then is very annoying.
Any help very much appreciated as without this functionality the x10 will be going back, cheap or not.
Thanks all
castalla

Post by castalla »

Have you enabled the X10 as a server? Settings - network - UPNP
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Hi, yes, the setting is either on or off on the x10. It is on, I can see the album names and track names in the logitech gui. it's just when trying to access the track itself the error appears.

given that someone has just released the LMS UPnP bridge plugin I guess on its own the LMS is incapable of properly handling UPnP in this way.
castalla

Post by castalla »

the upnp/dlna plugin is not reliable .... it works for some servers, not others.

The bridge plugin turns the upnp player (x10?) into a squeezebox player

You need to see if you can mount the x10 drive as a nas drive .
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

OK. Just to check what I'm trying to achieve here. Interacting with the touchscreen on the Joggler running squeezeplay OS I want to be able to access and play music stored on the Cocktail Audio X10.
That is a networked harddrive that supports uPnP and Samba. How would I mount the x10 as a NAS drive? you mean through the LMS GUI when browsing to folders under my music?
I get abit tied in knots working out what resources/services/files parameters are where and how to tie everything together.
One of my jogglers is running LMS the other looks at this one.
karlek

Post by karlek »

In the LMS Joggler go to Settings-Advanced(?)-Additional Features-Network Mount Point
There you add IP and Path to your X10.
castalla

Post by castalla »

First: you need to know the x10 ip address on your network, Then you need to know the path to the music files,

It will likely be something like /shared/music , or something similar.

Also does the x10 allow you to access the files from Windows? With a username and password?
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

HI, thanks fo rthe help. Yes, I'm able to access and play the files using a Windows machine across the network without issue.
I did try to add the X10 as a network mount point as described but there's no confirmation having done that that it worked.

When I look in the suggested media folder I don't find anything which suggests my best guess at the path may not be correct.
Samba is \\X10\MusicDB
If this was working I should be able to straight away browse to content on the X10 or I need to do a scan first?
castalla

Post by castalla »

You have to scan . So, under basic settings in LMS you choose a music library name - choose the network point folder, then scan.

Hope it works.

Do you know any linux commands?
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Hi again, I had to go away, so this went on hold. Anyway, I feel I must be very close, buy still no luck to access x10 as a network share.
From your last reply, it sounded like if I got the samba share name correct and mounted it through the dialogue on the joggler I should then see the added share as a folder under srv\media on the settings gui.
I don't. I've tried several variations of x/X10 music Db/ music DB/ Musicdb etc.
Is there some way to know what this should be rather than guessing?
I presume it's set in the x10 but see nowhere to do so.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

OK, I used a utility on my android phone to access the samba share, I now know it's /MusicDB at the end. I'm presuming X10 at the start so \\X10\MusicDB should work, but isn't... Bloody hell. (X10 is the default name I accept on the x10 unit under samba share)
It also states there a workgroup, could that have any bearing?
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

And I can follow simple Linux instructions, but no, I don't have a very good knowledge of working in the CLI
castalla

Post by castalla »

I haven't used the joggler dialogue to mount a share. I usually do it via linux shell access.

I note it only references NFS - I don't know if your X10 has NFS setup.

I can't recall the network point dialog - I'll have to look.

If the samba detail you gave above is correct then the address should be //X10 and the path /MusicDB

You won't see the added share as a folder - /srv/media is the share

You have to reboot the joggler to activate the share, and then run a scan, before the files are seen in LMS

--------

It's probably easier to set this up using the linux shell. But you need to be able to use PuTTy and WinSCP.

Let me know what you want to do.
castalla

Post by castalla »

I suggest you install PuTTY and WinSCP on your windows PC.

I can walk you through the commands.

First, does your x10 have a fixed ip address on your network?
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Hi, OK, I've been pretty confused about what the various elements of all this are for and how to set them up. In particular, the UPnP bridge seems entirely superfluous in my need case. However, fwiw I'm now able to control the x10 as though it were a squeezeplay device. I can even use tunein on it. This may add some flexibility down the line, but for now it's duplicating what my joggler is set up to do.
So, the old issue remains. I haven't managed to add the x10 as a folder under the lms gui.
What I can do is use bubble UPnP to stream flac files from the x10 to the joggler.
That short of achieves what I want, but obviously it would be preferable to browse from the joggler and not use my phone to find and send the files across.
Weirdly, I can do this on one joggler, and not the other. The .27 joggler is fine, but now for .31 I see several renderers names but not the joggler's. I wonder whether UPnP bridge has confused things?
And as luck would have it, the one I can stream to is right next to the x10, it's the bedroom joggler that I can't use.
At this rate I might just physically swap the two jogglers.
I just wish I could get a better handle on my setup, I'm sure my ineptitude is at the root of these issues.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Forget about the upnpbridge issue for the moment.

To see the files in LMS you have to set up a folder on the Joggler where the x10 files are listed, then LMS can scan the contents into the music library. Setting up the folder is a one time process. Scanning only needs to be done if and when you add/delete files from the x10.

Setting up the folder requires you to login to the Joggler and carry out some basic commands. This is done via a process called shell access.

Install PuTTy on your PC. ( http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/lat ... taller.exe )

Practice gaining access to the Joggler - username is joggler, password is joggler.

Once you are logged in, you can exit by just closing PuTTy via the usual Windows red X .

Confirm that you have been able to get PuTTy access working.

(baby steps)
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

OK, I have putty up and I'm logged into the joggler which is running lms.