SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Re: SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

Post by roobarb! »

goodlife wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:29 pmShould this still be working?
It should indeed. I'll need to check the paths being used.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Without more detail of your set up (plugin used, etc) perhaps this may help.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthre ... post937084
proddick

Post by proddick »

I have eventually got round to fitting a Netgear WNDA3200 to one of my Squeezeplay Jogglers. Opening it up and fitting went far easier than I expected so I should have done a long time ago :-)

It works fine connecting to a 2.4Ghz WIFI (better than stock interface) but I can't connect to a 5Ghz one. Is this possible? Do I need to edit a file or something to enable dual-band?
plm

Post by plm »

roobarb! wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 pm
plm wrote:Is there an issue with the SqueezePlay repository at the moment? I just used the Update menu within SqueezePlay on a Joggler to see if there'd been any updates and it told me I was on version 1.60 but that version E.rr was available.

For anyone that thinks it's a good idea to try it - don't! I had a fat-finger moment and ended up inadvertently trying to install something that isn't there, and had to re-image my Joggler as a consequence.
This has been fixed now - turns out that when we moved the server, I didn't update the location of the database in the update script. Oops! It would only have affected people attempting to perform an update (as you describe) or if somebody was trying to install from scratch using the installation script.

Anyway, everything's back working properly now, so far as I can see!
Is this broken again? I just tried an update on a freshly-imaged Joggler and it couldn't connect to the update server.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

plm wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:29 am
roobarb! wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 pm
plm wrote:Is there an issue with the SqueezePlay repository at the moment? I just used the Update menu within SqueezePlay on a Joggler to see if there'd been any updates and it told me I was on version 1.60 but that version E.rr was available.

For anyone that thinks it's a good idea to try it - don't! I had a fat-finger moment and ended up inadvertently trying to install something that isn't there, and had to re-image my Joggler as a consequence.
This has been fixed now - turns out that when we moved the server, I didn't update the location of the database in the update script. Oops! It would only have affected people attempting to perform an update (as you describe) or if somebody was trying to install from scratch using the installation script.

Anyway, everything's back working properly now, so far as I can see!
Is this broken again? I just tried an update on a freshly-imaged Joggler and it couldn't connect to the update server.
Probably. I've not looked at it in quite some time, but I can promise you there have been no updates. ;)

I'm working on something on that server at the moment, if I get chance I'll image up a frame and take a look.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Okay, turns out that quite some time ago the update code on the website broke. It's now fixed, but I'm not going to get chance to look at this again for a bit. Hopefully there's enough back in action for the installation script to work again now - it's certainly generating the correct versions again now.
pete

Post by pete »

Great news roobarb!

Here went off to tinkering with HA, Docker, Alexa show et al and these new "el cheapo" smart cam boards....(cheap 5MP ONVIF and Hikvision compatible)...I am impressed with all of this new technology...
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ARJunior

Post by ARJunior »

Hi roobarb!

Any chance to add support for the Realtek 8821CU combined 5 GHz WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 module in Squeezeplay OS ?

Thank you.
castalla

Post by castalla »

LMS on spqOS - help needed!

I am having a strange problem using the qobuz plugin on LMS running on sqpOS.

The plugin works BUT the album artwork is missing (only the default radio beacon is shown).

I think it's a qobuz+sqpOS problem because the Spotty plugin shows images, and Qobuz on a pi LMS also works.
okay.

Is anybody out there with sqpOS and LMS who could confirm the Qobuz issue?
castalla

Post by castalla »

Solved this by using chill's jivelite for joggler image

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthre ... post963249

chill is producing a new improved image ... check it out!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Cool, been out of the loop on here recently, though I'm happy to see the automated builds are running okay. :)

I've been doing a lot in video production tech recently, so everything else has been squeezed out. Fired up the Joggler on my desk today and it's still working; I remember I was part way through patching up the SqueezePlay installer. I've also noticed this thing called Volumio which looks interesting.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Welcome back Roobarb I've just looked at Volumino , it looks very promising . Would it , could it work ok on the Joggler ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

hawsey wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:40 pmWelcome back Roobarb Image I've just looked at Volumino , it looks very promising . Would it , could it work ok on the Joggler ?
Well, it could, but they're being a bit cryptic - they seem to push their pre-rolled images and devices over a DIY user interface. There were some guides out there, but they've largely vanished. It's basically a front end to mpd so far as I can tell.
grb

Post by grb »

Hi all,

Just tested moving from the O2 interface (yes, we still use it) to an internal Squeezeplay OS install. All good, aside from the unsupported sample rate errors on anything 48Khz.

These files play fine elsewhere, and even through squeezeplay via twonkymedia upnp also running on the same NAS.

Any idea how to allow squeezeplay to cope with 48Khz ?

Thanks,

grb.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

grb wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:24 pmAny idea how to allow squeezeplay to cope with 48Khz ?
As there's no other response so far I'll post something useless - I don't know, I'm afraid! I don't remember having a problem with 48 kHz audio, but perhaps the server was transcoding it? I'm really just guessing.
ParanoidPenguin

Post by ParanoidPenguin »

Hi! For a long time, I've been running SqueezePlay on my joggler, alongside a Squeezebox Radio, with WHS (v1) as the server. Since WHS is ancient, I've just replaced with a Synology since I thought there was an official package for Squeezebox server. Whilst that no longer appears to be the case, there does look to be a community package (v8), which has been working well for the past fortnight. However, since restarting my server this morning, SqueezePlay on the joggler (using sqpos303_ext) doesn't seem to be connecting, saying I need to update the server. I'm wondering if this is some kind of confusion based on it being v8 instead of v7, since there seemed to be an advisory on updating the firmware on the Squeezebox radio to workaround a version check issue? If anyone could give me any suggestions or pointers it'd be much appreciated. Should I roll back to the v7 server package?
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

ParanoidPenguin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:32 pm Hi! For a long time, I've been running SqueezePlay on my joggler, alongside a Squeezebox Radio, with WHS (v1) as the server. Since WHS is ancient, I've just replaced with a Synology since I thought there was an official package for Squeezebox server. Whilst that no longer appears to be the case, there does look to be a community package (v8), which has been working well for the past fortnight. However, since restarting my server this morning, SqueezePlay on the joggler (using sqpos303_ext) doesn't seem to be connecting, saying I need to update the server. I'm wondering if this is some kind of confusion based on it being v8 instead of v7, since there seemed to be an advisory on updating the firmware on the Squeezebox radio to workaround a version check issue? If anyone could give me any suggestions or pointers it'd be much appreciated. Should I roll back to the v7 server package?
did you check over here ?

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthre ... post987503

ronnie

It is possible to put LMS on a Joggler running Squeezeplay, but a lot easier is a rpi4b (keeping your music files on the NAS :) ) and use the Joggler as a controller, or / and player.
ParanoidPenguin

Man in a van wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:29 am did you check over here ?

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthre ... post987503

ronnie

It is possible to put LMS on a Joggler running Squeezeplay, but a lot easier is a rpi4b (keeping your music files on the NAS :) ) and use the Joggler as a controller, or / and player.
Thanks - yeah the LMS (server) side of things seems to be fine... it is the client interface on the joggler that seems to be the issue (and weird that it only began complaining after working fine for a week or so).
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

There was some sort of problem last week with a LMS v8 update.

I think it is now resolved.

I have tried LMS v8 but regressed to v7.9.4. Whilst running LMS v8 I updated one of my Squeezebox radios (just followed the instructions).

It still works with v7.9.4

ronnie
ParanoidPenguin

Thanks Ronnie... been offline for a few weeks so just catching up with this. I've temporarily reverted to LMS 7.9.2 on the NAS and the joggler is once again running fine, so that's a start. I'm struggling to find anything newer than 7.9.2 that isn't 8, but frustratingly also can't seem to activate a profile on slimdevices forum so can't post anything there :) Anyway, just found the post on here about updating from the sqpos303 build so might try that this weekend and then flip back to LMS 8 and see how things go. I've never done much with any nix stuff so it is a whole new world for me. If anyone involved with any of the community efforts happens to be reading this, thanks for all your efforts... much appreciated :)