SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jim_lewis1

Re: SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Although, x10Music folder in win scp is still empty?
castalla

Post by castalla »

YES! if you change the fstab, you have to do mount -a

So, you have folders listed under /srv/x10Music ?

Use WinSCP - check that the folders contain music files

---------------------

Forget about LMS scanning! We need to get a clean mount with files listed.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Ah, no then. I can see folders listed in putty, but not win scp. In putty it's very hard to CD to a folder due to the complicated name structure. Might it be the lms scan that's preventing win scp from losing them properly? Ie might it resolve in a while? I only have about 20 albums though, so I guess a scan shouldn't take long
castalla

Post by castalla »

You probably have to exit WinSCP and rerun to see new contents.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Under putty changing to a folder then produces nothing when I try to 'dir' to see the contents
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Something odd is happening. Reopening win scp the x10Music folder lists all album names, but almost all give an error as I try to open them a few don't though. There's no obvious pattern to which do. The first album is OK, it's .wav then a couple of compilations are OK, they're flac
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

I think any file name with a ? Mark is not opening. I accepted default filenames when ripping. Hmm
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

OK, so this has no changed from how to access files on the network to how to batch edit files that have illegal characters (and how to avoid them in the first place).
Thank you very very much for the great help. I've ko idea why the original fstab entry didn't work, but am ip address is probably better to stipulate anyway.
I'm off to bed. Filenames etc can wait.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Grrrrr! Damned X10 filenaming!

I've no idea how to fix that!

It looks as if the mount is working in principle - but the naming conventions in X10 are throwing a spanner in the works.

You could use WinSCP to edit the folder and filenames to something without > - but that may mash up how the X!0 handles the database.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Yes, I think I've read that manipulation of the x10 database must be done on the x10 otherwise it confuses it and you lose the files.
Still, it is real progress to have full CD quality streaming files. I know I'm very late to this party, but given the resurgence in interest in HD streaming, it's nice to know I already have the hardware and just need to get better with the software side.
CD quality is good enough for me for the foreseeable anyway.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Strangely, if I use my windows PC as the lms server, although the names look a bit funky on the joggler, all the files are accessible and play OK. However, I don't have access to, 'my apps' when I use this lms set up.
castalla

Post by castalla »

When you scan - did you choose the Clear library and rescan everything?

Have you entered your squeezebox account details in the LMS setting ? Don't forget to hit Apply.
smythey

Post by smythey »

roobarb! wrote:-------------------------------------------

Ubuntu
Either using the Terminal app on the Joggler itself, or via SSH, issue the following commands:

Code: Select all

wget http://birdslikewires.co.uk/download/joggler/squeezeplay/sqpinstall.sh
chmod +x ./sqpinstall.sh
sudo ./sqpinstall.sh
You should find a new SqueezePlay entry under the Sound & Video menu, or under Local Applications on Joli OS.

Visit my SqueezePlay OS page for full details.

More details on installation, removal and operation are on my SqueezePlay for Joggler page.
The sqpinstall.sh script doesn't work for me using the latest Xubuntu release. Various errors, starting with "Fetching SqueezePlay r: - binaries...
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found"

Help please!
plm

Post by plm »

Is there an issue with the SqueezePlay repository at the moment? I just used the Update menu within SqueezePlay on a Joggler to see if there'd been any updates and it told me I was on version 1.60 but that version E.rr was available.

For anyone that thinks it's a good idea to try it - don't! I had a fat-finger moment and ended up inadvertently trying to install something that isn't there, and had to re-image my Joggler as a consequence.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

plm wrote:Is there an issue with the SqueezePlay repository at the moment? I just used the Update menu within SqueezePlay on a Joggler to see if there'd been any updates and it told me I was on version 1.60 but that version E.rr was available.

For anyone that thinks it's a good idea to try it - don't! I had a fat-finger moment and ended up inadvertently trying to install something that isn't there, and had to re-image my Joggler as a consequence.
This has been fixed now - turns out that when we moved the server, I didn't update the location of the database in the update script. Oops! It would only have affected people attempting to perform an update (as you describe) or if somebody was trying to install from scratch using the installation script.

Anyway, everything's back working properly now, so far as I can see!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
theastroboy88

Post by theastroboy88 »

Hi,

I have installed SQPOS and want to set up a network mount point to a HDD connected to my router (Netgear R7000 Readyshare). There are only 2 boxes under:
Settings > Advanced > Additional Features > Network Mount Point

How/Where do I enter the login/password needed to access the HDD?

Thanks.
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

@theastroboy88

Have a read from here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2119&start=440

It's a bit long. I think all the info you need is there.

Ronnie
theastroboy88

Post by theastroboy88 »

To make things simplier, I took out the login/password from Readyshare. However, still does not seem to work. I entered my router's ip address (same as Readyshare) in the 1st box and tried "MUSIC" "/MUSIC" " "/MUSIC/" (which is how it is mapped) in the 2nd box. Afterwards, I checked LMS /srv/media/ but didn't see anything listed. Does the HDD have to be formatted NTFS or FAT32? Perhaps Netgear didn't mount it to allow sharing as NFS? I am out of ideas. I am not good at linux/networking at all, so I may have to leave it as-is.

Anyways, thank you for your help.
Paul Webster

Post by Paul Webster »

See the post by jogglerhase in the thread linked to earlier.
It shows a way to mount a remote CIFS file system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
theastroboy88

Post by theastroboy88 »

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul. I did some more searches and found Netgear's Readyshare cannot be mounted by NFS. CIFS seems to be the way to go. I took a look at jogglerhase's post and think CIFS will work. Please excuse me if my next question seems stupid, but I am not good at linux at all. How/Where can I type in all those commands? I know usually it is entered through a terminal box (like a dos prompt in Windows), but where can I find it on SQPOS?
Paul Webster wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:57 pm See the post by jogglerhase in the thread linked to earlier.
It shows a way to mount a remote CIFS file system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk