SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Re: SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & sqpOS)

Post by roobarb! »

Version 1.57

Updated for LMS v7.8.0. If you're using Logitech Media Server on the Joggler, go to:

Settings > Advanced > Additional Features > Logitech Media Server

Choose the 'Install or Update' option and your server will be updated to v7.8.0.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
parrafin23

Post by parrafin23 »

Hi guys.. Im trying to install Squeezeplay os on my 7" branded Telio Touch. This is just what im after a smal unit that can stram music from my Nas
The modelnumber is opof2b2110

I have tried to flash the device and its failing. I did manage to boot Linux of a usb stick. but would like to use the internal storage. I have tried flashing Openframe 1 and it failed, Tried Openframe 2, that seemed to flash but got an error message about not enough free space on target.

So you gurus out there.. Wtf am I doing wrong.

I did not pay for it, it was in working order when i got it from a friend who did not need it anymore. So what sould I do?

Mr.P
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

parrafin23 wrote:I have tried to flash the device and its failing. I did manage to boot Linux of a usb stick. but would like to use the internal storage. I have tried flashing Openframe 1 and it failed, Tried Openframe 2, that seemed to flash but got an error message about not enough free space on target.
Could you post a picture of the device? Perhaps it's a variant we've not seen before...
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

I bet you Pete has one, or at least one with the same hardware and different branding. Google images show one of the devices with the bigger front firing speakers under the screen and possibly a DECT handset.
bencat

Post by bencat »

Hello to all I am very new to this and have now converted two O2 Jogglers to be Squeezeplay units connected to my LMS server running as Squeezeplug on a Raspberry PI . Could I ask is there anyway to update the Firmware version of the units ? I know that the LMS update is done on the PI and this is currently running 7.9 but can the firmware of the player showing 7.2 be updated ?
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

bencat wrote:Hello to all I am very new to this and have now converted two O2 Jogglers to be Squeezeplay units connected to my LMS server running as Squeezeplug on a Raspberry PI . Could I ask is there anyway to update the Firmware version of the units ? I know that the LMS update is done on the PI and this is currently running 7.9 but can the firmware of the player showing 7.2 be updated ?
I've not personally found having different version numbers of SqueezePlay and LMS to be an issue. Has this been causing any issues for you specifically or is it a cosmetic issue?

I've used pretty much all versions of LMS from 7.7.2 to the latest stable 7.8, not tried 7.9 yet.
bencat

Post by bencat »

Hi the reason for using 7.9 is that it now handles native DSD files of which i have a number of downloads . I am able to play these directly from a SBT but they will not play on the Squeezplay due to the old firmware version involved. There are also APPS for Radio Paradise which will only work when the LMS server and Player are using 7.8 + . So while not the end of the world I would like to be able to use the latest versions if I can.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

The latest stable version of SqueezePlay is 7.7.2, so there's no way for us to update to 7.9, unless you know of a more recent codebase than that available on GitHub. There is a 7.8 version, but I don't think it's entirely finished and was behaving in a dubious manner when I last tried to compile it. There've been no code updates since then.
pete

Post by pete »

I have tried to flash the device and its failing. I did manage to boot Linux of a usb stick. but would like to use the internal storage. I have tried flashing Openframe 1 and it failed, Tried Openframe 2, that seemed to flash but got an error message about not enough free space on target.
This is one of the models that I have:
OPOF2B2110.jpg
OPOF2B2110

It has an Ayava OS. It has a 2 Gb MMC and a 1Mb soldered flash chip on it. The second similiar model I have is totally modded and appears to have been an O2 "test" box as internally the board has stuff removed from it and it has a socketed boot flash and it marked O2.

You have to be careful with it because the 1Mb flash chip is soldered in place.

That said I did get XBMC running on the 2Gb MMC and it worked fine but filled up right away.

Personally before playing with it some I would boot up into one of Buzz's Ubuntu images and have a look at the MMC and boot 1Mb pieces.

Inside it has a combo mini pcie wireless / bluetooth card which is different than the O2 / Openpeak models with a USB port wireless stick inside.

See here too:

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =13&t=1585
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
parrafin23

Post by parrafin23 »

heya guys.. The pic that pere shows is the one I have.. Heres the backside of it :
20140621_173453_5[2].gif
I have now managed to wipe the os that was on the thing, and stuck in bootlader screen.. it says TELIO on the screen, if i put usb memstick with linux on it, it boots to it. (thank god, or who ever)
and i cant open the bugger, so i can solder in some hardware if needed..

Is this the one you guys are talking about?

Mr.P
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

parrafin23 wrote:I have now managed to wipe the os that was on the thing, and stuck in bootlader screen.. it says TELIO on the screen, if i put usb memstick with linux on it, it boots to it. (thank god, or who ever)
Super - right, if you can boot Linux off a USB stick, you're in business.

Pop SqueezePlay OS onto a USB stick, boot it and then use your computer to SSH in to SQPOS (using Terminal.app or puTTY on Windows). Username and password are 'joggler'. Then run this command:

Code: Select all

sudo /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0 
You should get back something like this:

Code: Select all

joggler@openframe:/etc/init$ sudo /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0 

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 1028 MB, 1028128768 bytes
4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 31376 cylinders, total 2008064 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Disk /dev/mmcblk0 doesn't contain a valid partition table
I ran this on a bog-standard Joggler, so you should get 2055208960 bytes of space on your Telio Touch... post back with what you see!
Davemurrey

Post by Davemurrey »

hi I am looking for some help please.
I have got a 02 joggler from ebay and have done the internal wiring mod sdpf coax output socket to go to my external dac.
I am useless with computer I even struggled to find out how to leave a message on here.
I have been on the birdslikewires site and downloaded the file to a usb stick exstracted files on memory stick.
unplugged my joggler plugged in the memory stick and powered up the joggler.
the joggler comes back on and makes two bleeps but i am getting no squeezebox icon.
my joggler is working and connecting to internet through wired connection because i get digital radio stations.
firmware is 8686.s3 boardrev 2
software 26635.s3 jun 25 2010
primary ntp ntp.ubunta.com
secondary debian.pool.ntp.org
i have spent about 50 or 60 hours trying to get this loaded and working so any help please.
i have also loaded squeezebox onto my ipad and sons laptop and registered on there site.
can i buy a memory stick with the programme loaded on or get it loaded on anywere in the Essex area.
i have done lots of searching on the internet but i don't understand computer talk.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Welcome to the forum Dave ,
Are you looking to have the Joggler boot straight in to SqueezePlay Os ?
If so you can either install to the Jogglers internal memory or have it boot off a usb stick plugged in to the side .
It will be best for you if we can talk you through the install on the usb or internal so then you will be able to get things working again if they go wrong :-).
Happy Joggling
Davemurrey

Post by Davemurrey »

Thank you for your reply.
I think I would like it on the internal memory so that I can plug a USB hard drive at a later stage.
I have tried loading onto the joggler with 3 diferant USB sticks with the same result.
I also keep doing factory resets and checking for updates it comes back with no updates but my software stays the same.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Dave I think you need to have Squeezeplay OS , look here
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1879
Most people on here started like you myself included .
Just ask and will will help out.
When you go to any thread on here the installation details are allways on the first post so hit the back arrows to get back to there .
Good luck
Happy Joggling
Davemurrey

Post by Davemurrey »

Thank you for you help hawsey.
Davemurrey

Post by Davemurrey »

roobarb! wrote:Are you running version 26635 or 30291? The later version has an issue, I believe, which does need sorting out. Interesting that you got the beeps, mind. I'll look into it.
Hi I am looking for some help.
I have been trying to load squeezebox onto my joggler for two week.
I down load the file from birds like wires, load it on USB stick,extract files on USB stick,power on joggler with USB stick.
I am getting two bleeps but no icon.
My joggler is
Firmware 8686.S3 (board rev 2)
Software 26635.S3jun 25 2010
Primary NTP NTP.ubunta.com
Secondary Debian.pool.ntp.org
If any of this means anything to you.
I have tried down loading the 1.09 reflash tool and reflashing my joggler.
I have tried lots of factory resets before down loads.
I have trid down loading the different versions internal and external.
I have tried the release 19th march version download 1.56 7.7.29710 (12mb)
I have tried download v1.09 (103mb) MD5
I have tried external os v2.06 (151MB) MD5
Os v2.06 open frame 1 internal memory
Os v2.06 open frame 2 internal memory.
I have tried 5 different USB sticks ( it's costing me a fortune in USB sticks)
Joggler works on 02 I can down load music onto memory stick and play it on joggler.
I can also get digital radio stations through my joggler.
Any help please.
My computer is windows 8 but my son has also tried for me on his computer that is windows vista and 3 different programmes to extract files on memory stick.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Davemurray

Are you writing the image on to the usb stick using win32diskimager (or something similar) or are you just copying it?
Davemurrey

Post by Davemurrey »

A big big thank you to ilovemyjoggler.
I tried to load win32disimager onto my computer but it crashed.
I got my son to look at it and he thinks it's because my computer is 64 or something.
He loaded win32discimager ont his computer for me and loaded the file onto USB stick for me.
I think it's now loading I've had squeezebox flashing on my joggler for about ten minutes.
Thank you again.
Davemurrey

Post by Davemurrey »

hawsey wrote:Dave I think you need to have Squeezeplay OS , look here
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1879
Most people on here started like you myself included .
Just ask and will will help out.
When you go to any thread on here the installation details are allways on the first post so hit the back arrows to get back to there .
Good luck
Thank you again hawsey I am all up and running.
It turns out it was me doing something wrong.
I downloaded file from Birdslikewires copied to memory stick and extracted files.
What I needed to do was download win32discimager and load onto this first.
I have got another problem that I have fitted a spdif coax socket to joggler but don't no how to tell the joggler to output to coax.