SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & sqpOS)

Post by offbeatdave »

Wilberforce wrote: Yeah, that patch tries to replicate that functionality. So that the 'Screen off' screensaver turns the screen off (like you would expect :D). I think you may need an updated busybox on the original OS (from the stock one) for patch, but I can upload a tarball of my squeezeplay directory if you like. I'm not sure if the patch will still apply cleanly :D
I use your patch to blackout my screen on my beside SQP OS whatever the player is doing (stopped, playing etc). I found that the original 'display timeout' function kept failing until I reset the time before it kicked in and, as noted above, the screen off function didn't actually turn off the backlight. Your patch has been very useful indeed.

Incidentally, I found that when I updated the busybox on the OpenPeak-ed OS, it broke networking DHCP functionality so anyone fiddling with this needs to be careful (i.e. back up your old busybox first)
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
leepea

Post by leepea »

I'm on the native OS with PnPIII. I've just updated to the latest version of Squeezeplay and now it doesn't launch when the icon is pressed. Have any paths etc. changed? I had a quick look at the log and it says "/media/launcher/apps/SqueezePlay/trigger.cgi: line 13: /media/opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh: not found". I have no "bin" directory, only lib man and share. Any thoughts?

***SOLVED*** Had to Telnet in and run sqpinstall.sh manually, all sorted now. Not sure what happened, but I had to do this on both of my Jogglers.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

leepea wrote:I'm on the native OS with PnPIII. I've just updated to the latest version of Squeezeplay and now it doesn't launch when the icon is pressed. Have any paths etc. changed? I had a quick look at the log and it says "/media/launcher/apps/SqueezePlay/trigger.cgi: line 13: /media/opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh: not found". I have no "bin" directory, only lib man and share. Any thoughts?

***SOLVED*** Had to Telnet in and run sqpinstall.sh manually, all sorted now. Not sure what happened, but I had to do this on both of my Jogglers.
Hmm. Odd. I've had no problems on the 2 PnP III ones I've updated through SQP. All I had to do was add my icon again via the script in SWF Manager.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
fraserm

Post by fraserm »

Hey All,

You know what, there are two things that I think would be great to have in Squeeze Player.

1) A "Send To.." button on the now playing screen which when pressed, allows you to choose one of your other devices to throw the currently playing track to, and stop it playing on the current one. Sync With & Stop Current basically.

2) The time displayed on the Now Playing screen. I`ve become so reliant on my devices as clocks around the house, that when I`m playing music, it bugs me that I don't know the time! I like the album art, so just needs to be a small clock somewhere.

Is anyone clever enough to implement either of the above?? :)
plm

Post by plm »

fraserm wrote:1) A "Send To.." button on the now playing screen which when pressed, allows you to choose one of your other devices to throw the currently playing track to, and stop it playing on the current one. Sync With & Stop Current basically.
There is already a plugin to do this. It's called Switch Player. Can't remember if it's in the standard plugins repository or a custom one but search the Squeezebox user forum and you'll find details. It does exactly what you want, although not from the now playing screen, and I use it all the time when I'm moving from room to room.
long_b

Post by long_b »

Complete newb - little help please ?

Stock O2 OS, versions as per http://birdslikewires.co.uk/articles/sq ... r-joggler/

8GB USB stick formatted as FAT32, copied over contents of zip file into root of the USB, plug in to Joggler.

When Joggler is turned on I get the normal O2 screen and two beeps but no sign of the Squeezebox icon ?

What am I doing wrong ? The USB slot is working cos it can read movies off it.
long_b

Post by long_b »

Nevermind - got PNP III working instead (using the same USB stick funnily enough)
Fair play to those involved, it's stonking !
roobarb!

SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & sqpOS)

Post by roobarb! »

Are you running version 26635 or 30291? The later version has an issue, I believe, which does need sorting out. Interesting that you got the beeps, mind. I'll look into it.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Hello roobarb! I'd like to install squeezeplay on linux mint 13 but the install feature didn't work last time I tried, so I'll need to do it myself - eek! I've looked at your website but don't quite get what I need to do. Can you help me please?

EDIT: It's ok - sorted!
gegs

Post by gegs »

I must be the only person in the world who has received an email saying "Congratulations! You have won an iPad" when I actually did win an iPad. I got it for filling in a form on the Open University website.

I'm not trying to show off (if I was paying hard cash, I'd have bought an Android tablet) but just thought I'd let others know that the Logitech remote app is fantastic. I think there are Android and iOS versions. Using it to control Squeezeplay on the Joggler is great and it has made it much more responsive. Skipping between tracks and playlists is faster and the Joggler seems to handle this kind of control better than navigation with the Joggler's touch interface. Sometimes my kids are impatient and get a bit "over-clicky" when navigating Squeezeplay on the Joggler; it occasionally freezes as a result. Taking the Joggler's touch interface out of the equation has improved things greatly.

The bottom line is that the remote is very fast and stable. I only wish I didn't have to enter my squeezebox.com u/name and p/w every time I use it. If you've got a device you can install the remote on, I'd recommend it. I only wish there was an iOS Squeezeplay app (rather than just the remote).

I know this is old news to some but it is all new and shiny to me.
leepea

Post by leepea »

gegs wrote:I only wish I didn't have to enter my squeezebox.com u/name and p/w every time I use it.
I've ben using the Android app to control my Jogglers ever since I put SqueezePlay on them, can't fault it. Only ever had to put username and password in once though, not sure why the iOS app would be any different.
gegs

Post by gegs »

leepea wrote:
gegs wrote:I only wish I didn't have to enter my squeezebox.com u/name and p/w every time I use it.
Only ever had to put username and password in once though, not sure why the iOS app would be any different.
I'm not sure either but I've got to enter my details and click the "log in" button each time. I'm new to the whole iOS thingy so I'll have a root around to see if there's a way to change this behaviour. If I find it, I'll post back.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Hi gegs, firstly congrats on winning an ipad - you lucky thing you! :mrgreen:

I use an app on my iphone to control squeezeplay - the app has the same green icon as the main system on the pc. I've never been asked to add my details beyond the first time and I use it a fair bit so if I've understood correctlyand it's the same controller app, then yours does sound a little strange. If i've got the wrong end of the stick then ignore my post (apart from the congrats!)
gegs

Post by gegs »

I had a look but can't find anything that will allow me to save my login for the Squeezebox Remote app on the iPad. I might end up buying iPeng, but it's rather expensive.

If there's another Squeezebox remote app anyone knows about, give me the nod.
dazza99

Post by dazza99 »

Something's not right, you shouldn't need to re enter your password
dazza99

Post by dazza99 »

Does this apply to all your any other of your apps that require a password?
Check the settings to see if it's set to require a password, in settings>general>restrictions
gegs

Post by gegs »

It's only with this app that I need to enter my details every time. I'll check the restrictions and delete / reinstall it if all else fails.

It's irritating but not a biggie. I can still use the app and it's great. Thanks dazza for your suggestions, I'll let you know how I get on although I don't want to hijack the thread to sort out iPad issues.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

gegs wrote:It's only with this app that I need to enter my details every time. I'll check the restrictions and delete / reinstall it if all else fails.

It's irritating but not a biggie. I can still use the app and it's great. Thanks dazza for your suggestions, I'll let you know how I get on although I don't want to hijack the thread to sort out iPad issues.
Just to let you know, I had the same problem with the Squeezebox remote - and so had other people, apparently. I'm using iOS 6 now and the issue seems to be fixed, though.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
gegs

Post by gegs »

I uninstalled and re-installed this evening and now everything is OK; I only had to enter my details the first time I used the app. Thanks to everyone for alerting me that my version of the app wasn't working normally.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

I've been checking out the screensavers but don't seem to have the play button 'in the centre' so that I can preview the selection. Is it just me? :?: