Audioquest Dragonfly

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dan1502

Audioquest Dragonfly

Post by dan1502 »

Just to say that, having pieced together the various helpful posts on this forum and others, I successfully intalled Squeezeplay OS and think I have correctly installed EDO. I had this running through my Benchmark DAC1 HDR but shortly after having go the streaming bug, I built a silent HTPC running JRiver for music and movie streaming and as the server is a Vortexbox with Vortexbox Player installed which I was able to connect directly to a second system, the Joggler has not been getting any use. The plan is/was to connect it to our AV system but that doesn't have USB input so I was on the lookout for a USB/SPDIF converter or DAC but didn't want to spend a lot.

I was very lucky to pick up a secondhand Dragonfly for a steal and just around the corner from me. First I tried it with the Vortexbox and it works great. I've just tried it with the Joggler. I plugged it in, it said DAC not found so I went into the audio output setting page where Audioquest Dragonfly was listed, selected it, it rebooted and it's working fine. I tried sending a 24/96 file to it and the dragonfly indicated the correct 'magenta' colour. That is the highest resolution of the dragonfly. Just to add this is without a powered USB hub which is something I really wanted to avoid.

One question I have is whether this will be working asynchonously? Is this a definite yes or is there something to be done.