My joggler reboots at 5-minute intervals

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Re: My joggler reboots at 5-minute intervals

Post by roobarb! »

Mr_Dave wrote:Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this rebooting after update loop issue....? Its driving me mad!
Not so far as I know. I've never experienced it myself, so there's no way I can think of to get to the bottom of it. Trying to troubleshoot it over the forums just hasn't worked; I think it's one of those where you need to be hands-on with a device that's acting up.

No doubt it's fixable, though - it's just a case of someone with the skills finding out where the software issue lies.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Mr_Dave

Post by Mr_Dave »

Cheers for that Roobarb. Yeah, it must be fixable! Not sure I'm the man with the skills though....! ;)

What about trying to flash the Joggler with the original firmware and then letting it update itself over the net like Rockuad suggested? Not that I could find the original firmware...!

I've got a few of these sitting here stuck in the reboot loop now, its a tad annoying as I know that there's nothing physically wrong with them. They were all stuck on the O2/Openframe logo before I flashed them with your tool and all work fine unplugged from the network now.

Dave
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Mr_Dave wrote:What about trying to flash the Joggler with the original firmware and then letting it update itself over the net like Rockuad suggested? Not that I could find the original firmware...!
That's just the thing - the reflash tool flashes the Joggler in exactly the same way as OpenPeak would do it (so far as I can tell). It even uses the tool that they supply for the job! What my system does over and above this is reset the NVRAM to sensible defaults (which doesn't contain anything that would contribute to the issue) and check for consistency of the flash memory before trying to write any data.

What would be interesting is if anybody had an older version of the firmware (older than 26635.8686-S3). Reflashing with that would give it a valid reason for attempting to update. But that just seems a very roundabout way of correcting the problem to me.

The only other thing I can suggest is that if someone has a Joggler with this problem in or near Manchester (and doesn't mind running the risk of it getting some stick from me) that they let me play with it for a week or so. Obviously I can't promise anything, but there's no way I can make any headway if I don't have access to a faulty device.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Mr_Dave

Post by Mr_Dave »

I can send you one...? ;)

Dave
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Mr_Dave wrote:I can send you one...? ;)
Well, ladies and gents, I have received the Joggler which Mr_Dave has kindly sent and I'm seeing the error for myself for the first time in 'real life'.

I'll be looking at this over the next week, so I'll be posting back if I find out anything interesting. :)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »