PNP Squeezeplay - Help please

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
truxntrax

PNP Squeezeplay - Help please

Post by truxntrax »

Joggler been running perfectly for month. Now all of a sudden every time I open squeezeplay I see the squeezeplay splash screen then squeezeplay quits and I am back to Tango.

I've tried removing and re-installing squeezeplay via pnp. Rebooted etc...

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks

John

(Native o2 os with latest pnp squeeze play version etc.
truxntrax

Re: PNP Squeezeplay - Help please

Post by truxntrax »

Go figure - it works this morning.

Admin - delete thread if required.
Positivity

Post by Positivity »

Hi. I have had a similar problem with PNPIII on the new OS. I have found an older post here describing the same behaviour which suggests it is down to the home screen application (opphone.swf) restarting. I might try the suggested fix of bypassing the home GUI just to see if that really is the problem.
Positivity

Post by Positivity »

I am still having the problem that opphone.swf crashes behind squeezeplay and then respawns on top it squeezeplay so you can no longer control it. This can be verified by using the PNPIII restart Tango button - Squeezeplay appears as Tango quits and restarts and then is concealed again.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I have looked into running Squeezeplay instead of the Main menu, but all the paths described in the older post seem to be different now, so I am a bit wary of fiddling too much. Also, I would prefer to still have the main screen as I do like the Weather app.
How easy is it to get the Squeezeplay button to quit Tango as it launches and then restart Tango when Squeezeplay is quit?
Or is it possible to write a "send Tango to the back" script launched by a button or the SWF Launcher?

I am going to see if it is only Squeezeplay that does this or if other apps are left running for a long time do they also cause Tango to quit. I will report back.

This is now the only thing really bugging me about the new OS, it would be nice to be able to sort it.
Positivity

Post by Positivity »

I don't think this is a Squeezeplay issue - it does the same with the Weather app. Is there a log file for opphone?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Never had this problem on any version of the software. Will be interesting to see what is causing this.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
Positivity

Post by Positivity »

More weirdness - the problem with the Tango GUI crashing and restarting in the background seems to have stopped occuring on my Joggler. As far as I can see there has been no further update (according to the About screen) and I have not rebooted it. Hopefully it is fixed for good.