Reflashing Tool for the O2 Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
David11

Re: Reflashing Tool for the O2 Joggler

Post by David11 »

That's what I did (installed sqpOS as the 'reflash') and it worked fine initially. I had re partitioned the mmc storage using mint and gparted first. But I've had to repeat several times because the internal memory seems to be unstable....
Delete the jogglerflash.sh script. If you want to put sqpOS on your internal storage, you should not have the jogglerflash.sh script in the reflash directory - just the .img.gz and .img.gz.md5 files.

Maybe I should consider renaming the script, as it's onlyused for the O2 OS.
eduponesarris

Post by eduponesarris »

Ok.. thanks fella, will have a go tonight..
eduponesarris

Post by eduponesarris »

Still not working, I suspect reading previous posts it is because windows is renaming the file. It appears on my PC as a Quickpar File, when you click it it says that sqpos105mmc.img.gz.md5 is a missing file.

These are the files on the USB Stick..... it keeps booting into stock OS, so I suspect something is still missing. The md5 file icon is still a Quickpar association, even though the name appears correct.

Name Size (KB) Folder Type
reflash 1,203,005 N:\ Folder
sqpos105mmc.img 1,004,032 N:\reflash\ Disc Image File
sqpos105mmc.img.gz 198,973 N:\reflash\ WinRAR archive
sqpos105mmc.img.gz.md5 0 N:\reflash\ MD5 Checksum File
boot.nsh 0 N:\ NSH File
config-3.2.21jog1 119 N:\ 21JOG1 File
grub.cfg 0 N:\ CFG File
grub.efi 224 N:\ EFI File
grubq.efi 223 N:\ EFI File
initrd.img-3.2.21jog1 4,911 N:\ 21JOG1 File
startup.nsh 0 N:\ NSH File
System.map-3.2.21jog1 1,766 N:\ 21JOG1 File
vmlinuz-3.2.21jog1 3,554 N:\ 21JOG1 File

Is anything missing from the stick anyone can identify?

TVM
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

The MD5 appears to contain no data...
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
eduponesarris

Post by eduponesarris »

It's actually 53 bytes, 32K on disk (I presume as minimum block size), I used Folderprint to dump the files, so it may assume that any less than a fixed figures is zero bytes...
Joggler Reflashing Tool, menu comes up, 10 second countdown, then starts.. just noticed error message comes up, file missing.....

It can't find sqpos105mmc.img.img.gz

Got a bit further, renamed the file using manual rename from BFR and it now checks image integrity, but is failing checksum test.... back to the drawing board..
This has got to be about windows renaming the files.

J
eduponesarris

Post by eduponesarris »

Going to have to give up on this. I have every option of renaming files, downloading with firefox and safari etc. If I run the md5 using quickpar it says the file is correct, then if I rename to sqpos105mmc.img.gz (this is the 1 gig file image extracted from the downloaded archive) it fails checksum and shows as incomplete in quickpar. The script running implies it is looking for files in the bppt\reflash\ directory but I presume that is mapped to the reflash directory anyway, but to prove it I created a boot directory, parked reflash in it and got a different error saying I had to put the files in the reflash drectory, which was expected.

Has anyone on the forum actually managed to load the squeezeplayer OS into internal memory using this method????? I have had no problems at all before installing OS from scratch, putting the updated OS in, using PMP 3 and lots of other hacks but this one is completely impossible to install for me.

J
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

I've had a few reports from people who've had this working just fine. I'm afraid I can't really tell what's happening at your end!

I downloaded and used the reflash tool myself again just a few days ago and all was well - on a Mac with Safari, just as you have mentioned.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

So the last time my joggler died I.e stuck on O2 screen there was no way the reflashing tool would bring it back to life ,I tried different usb sticks etc and it went through the whole boot reflash process right to the end but still no good!
Eventually I got it going with the Openpeak tool .
Last night when faced with a dead Joggler I went straight for the Openpeak reflash (sorry Roobarb ;-) ) now this time the opposite is true , the tool goes right up to the bit where you get the green Ready and still a dead Joggler ! Tried a couple of times and just the same,
so I tried Roobarbs reflash and it worked first time
Very weird :-?
Happy Joggling
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Yes, it's all a bit odd. I have one Joggler that stores data on the internal memory just fine, but will never boot from it. Oddly, it also shows a device at /dev/sda (while booted from an external stick, appearing as /dev/sdb).

I'd like to have a play at the EFI command line and see what's going on.
Jarv_77

Post by Jarv_77 »

hawsey wrote:So the last time my joggler died I.e stuck on O2 screen there was no way the reflashing tool would bring it back to life ,I tried different usb sticks etc and it went through the whole boot reflash process right to the end but still no good!
Last night when faced with a dead Joggler I went straight for the Openpeak reflash (sorry Roobarb ;-) ) now this time the opposite is true , the tool goes right up to the bit where you get the green Ready and still a dead Joggler ! Tried a couple of times and just the same,

Hi,

I may have missed this Openpeak reflash tool????
My joggler is stuck at O2 screen after repeated Reflashing with Roobarbs software using both wired and non wired ways to obtain the O2 image.
Initially I had to use the keyboard blind-typing to get the Reflash to work, now it can run the Reflash on its own - so thats an improvement. I get to the end where it says on next boot it may take up to 5mins but unfortunately on next boot it never (i.e. left overnight) boots up.

I wonder if trying the Openpeak reflash tool would help bump it somehow into working, as has been mentioned above? Is it available anywhere?

Thanks

David
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Jarv_77 wrote:
hawsey wrote:So the last time my joggler died I.e stuck on O2 screen there was no way the reflashing tool would bring it back to life ,I tried different usb sticks etc and it went through the whole boot reflash process right to the end but still no good!

Hi,

My joggler is stuck at O2 screen after repeated Reflashing with Roobarbs software using both wired and non wired ways to obtain the O2 image.
Initially I had to use the keyboard blind-typing to get the Reflash to work, now it can run the Reflash on its own - so thats an improvement. I get to the end where it says on next boot it may take up to 5mins but unfortunately on next boot it never (i.e. left overnight) boots up.

I wonder if trying the Openpeak reflash tool would help bump it somehow into working, as has been mentioned above? Is it available anywhere?

Thanks

David
Pm sent
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I just noticed updated links to the openpeak tool in the PNP III thread first page :-)
Happy Joggling
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Roobarbs reflasher has never failed me, its a must have too if you tinker lol
l
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
eduponesarris

Squeezeplay OS

Post by eduponesarris »

I have just tried another stick and the results are exactly the same. I also put the archived and unarchived version of the image on there. It hangs at the same point, it cannot find:

sqpos105mmc.img.img

I can fully understand this as there is no such file. Why is the boot script asking for sqpos105mmc.img.img when there is only sqpos105mmc.img or sqpos105mmc.img.gz present? Any ideas??

http://www.imagebam.com/image/9e8662201817702
http://www.imagebam.com/image/9e8662201817702

Screenshots of what the joggler is showing when not booting... apologies for quality, but best I could do with the Iphone !!

J
Mr_Dave

Post by Mr_Dave »

Jarv_77 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

David
Your internal Flash is probably on the blink! Try running it 2 or 3 times on the trot - once it powers down after the reflash, unplug the USB stick, remove the file it creates on the USB stick plug it in and try again, then once more for good luck.

It might work after that, it might work after 5 times, or not at all! If its not booted the OS after 5 minutes, then its failed and you need to try again.

I have a couple here that refuse to take the OS, or may take it but after a couple of reboots loose the plot again!

Cheers,
Dave
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Mr_Dave wrote:
Jarv_77 wrote:My joggler is stuck at O2 screen after repeated Reflashing with Roobarbs software using both wired and non wired ways to obtain the O2 image. Initially I had to use the keyboard blind-typing to get the Reflash to work, now it can run the Reflash on its own - so thats an improvement. I get to the end where it says on next boot it may take up to 5mins but unfortunately on next boot it never (i.e. left overnight) boots up.

I have a couple here that refuse to take the OS, or may take it but after a couple of reboots loose the plot again!
Just so people know how common this is, I also have a Joggler or two that no longer boot from the internal flash. No amount of wrangling has yet repaired them!
earthski63

Post by earthski63 »

My Joggler wouldn't connect to the network either wirelessly or wired and I reluctantly decided to re-flash it. Unfortunately, after a number of messages about "no caching mode page present" and explaining that it gave up waiting for the root device, it comes up with the following message:

ALERT! /dev/disk/by-label/rfl-root does not exist. Dropping to a shell

Apart from the fact that the message sound like the robot from "Lost in Space", what's gone wrong? Is my Joggler dead?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Sounds like something is wrong with the reflashing stick you've made. The caching messages are normal - don't worry about those. But the bit about the root device being missing, that's not right at all.

Try with a different memory stick and give it another shot. It certainly doesn't sound like you have a dead Joggler on your hands.
earthski63

Post by earthski63 »

Simple but good advice roobarb! I'm not sure what happened to my old USB sticks which I've used previously but a brand new one fresh from the box got it all sorted - thanks.
jnix

Post by jnix »

I can't get the reflashing tool to work (I've tried using two USB sticks)

Joggler boots fine to stock OS, but I want to use Squeezeplay OS from internal memory.

Followed all the instructions - when booting up I get the O2 logo, and the yellow "O2 Joggler Reflashing Tool" text, but then I get various errors ("kernel panic", "no caching mode page present" and more - see screenshot at http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/imag1044.jpg/ .

It then just hangs.

I've also tried reflashing to the stock OS again, in case that made any difference. I get the same errors as above.

Any ideas much appreciated