Desperate help required - loop on start up !!!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jono400

Desperate help required - loop on start up !!!

Post by jono400 »

Hi guys new here so a big hellow to you all from myself john up here in Scotland !! :)

okay did have pimp my joggler software ( gforums Pnp ) on the unit which I ran without any problem for ages, thought to myself earlier on today that I had not updated any off the apps associatted via this platform ie iplayer , squeezebox , skin etc so turned on the pc. entered my jogglers ip number within my browser and proceded to update everything which by now was well out off date !!

went back down the stairs once done and noticed that joggler was just on a loop cycle ie would flash up the o2 message and that was as far as it went, back up to pc and via the pc uninstalled everthing - apps etc associatted with PnP, back down the stairs !! and this time the joggler had booted up into the standard factory original operating system, back to the pc again and installed everything once again ie. all apps / browser etc this time upon checking the joggler it was noticed the same thing had happened ie o2 loop error - argh :evil:

back up to the pc yet again and entered the ip number but this time I could not get onto the joggler via the pc, the browser on my pc just showed up as page unavailble, tried time and time again without any joy.

so now I have once joggler that when switched on flashes with the o2 screen and then just a blank screen, occasionally showing the 02 screen again but after a quick flash from the screen nothing.

anyway back ?? as you may have guessed have very limited tech knowledge off this side off things but just hope that someone may able to assist me in getting things back to normal, missing it already !!!!

p.s if i could at least log onto the joggler I may have been able to delete the PnP software yet again to try and get whatever was causing the error away but either the fault is causing the problem off not allowing me to gain access via my pc or the ip number has changed in which case I honestly dont know how u would find it out ??

any help / advice would certainly be very much appreciatted.
spoyser

Re: Desperate help required - loop on start up !!!

Post by spoyser »

Mine occasionally takes a few goes to actually start up, I have noticed a few different ways that they start up.

1) Blue O2 screen, followed by bubbles, followed by standard front end (all good!)

2) Blue O2 screen, followed by bubbles, followed by nothing (looking closely on screen you can still see the bubbles) - At this point if I restart Tango from PNP it then usually behaves like 1) however, sometimes it gets stuck on the faint bubbles again (if this starts happening a reboot via pulling power out seems the only remedy, if I reboot from PNP it still gets stuck)

3) Blue O2 screen, followed by bubbles, followed by faint standard front end, then about 1 second later I get then get 1)

4) Blue O2 screen, followed by bubbles, followed by nothing (looking closely on screen you can still see the bubbles) - Can't connect - pull power and reboot!

All in all a mystery, I do usually cross my fingers on rebooting!!

If you are getting a blank screen after the bubbles it could be the application.xml is corrupt and no icons are being displayed?

However, given that it sounds like the IP address has changed that doesn't help. You could disconnect all other devices from your router and then look at it's config to get the IP address of the Joggler. I have a BT homehub at that allows you to name the devices so you don't need the IP address, I have Joggler1, Joggler2 and JR
jono400

Post by jono400 »

Okay thanks for your kind reply, right the screen shows no bubbles it simply shows the o2 symbol for a good few seconds and then this flicks out and then nothing.

okay glad to here reagrds you havinga bt hub same here hopefully getting somwhere, any advice on how find the configuration off the router to gain the ip addy off the joggler ??
jono400

Post by jono400 »

Okay managed to get onto the router vis itd ip number and fortunatly yep the joggler is showing up - unfortunatly its showing up just as that ie. joggler and not an actual ip number is there any other way off finding out this number ??
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

From web browser goto:

http://bthomehub.home/

Select Settings
Enter Password
Select Advanced Settings
Continue to Advanced Settings
Select Home Network

This should then show all the devices and how they are connected

Select the joggler - should go to a page with the device information on (including IP address)

Hope that helps!
jono400

Post by jono400 »

Hi there just a quick word to say thanks so much for your very kind assistance done whay you say and found the Jogglers ip addy and yep it had changed !!! set it so it now stays the same at all times !!

managed to remove all the Pnp install tools etc and it came back with the original O2 main screen which is fine as can actually use the thing again !! just wonder why / what off the new features its not liking to cuase the problem ?? may have anoter go and check each app etc once installed to see if I can determine at which point the install fails.

as I say no probs until I just tried updating the apps etc on Pnp.

anyway again thanks for that.
john