Making your own IMGs?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
JTP

Making your own IMGs?

Post by JTP »

Hey guys!
Been looking for a Joggler on Ebay for a long time and finaly won an auction earlier on today! :D
Now for the questions!
How do I make my own bootable Linux imgs? Any ideas?
Thanks!
Im really excited to get hackin' with the Joggler! :D
hawsey

Re: Making your own IMGs?

Post by hawsey »

Hi JTP,
Welcome to the world of Joggling :-) and the forum.
All the info is at the front page of the forum and easy to find with links provided.
Once you get your image file ending in .img you basically put it on a blank usb stick using win32disk imager or something similar and away you go.
All the info is on here, spend the next couple of days until it comes finding your way around and getting a couple of image files ready.
We are a friendly bunch on here so dont be afraid to shout out if you get stuck.
Good luck
Happy Joggling
acesabe

Post by acesabe »

Well there's the Joggler wiki right here!

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/

plenty of hacking ideas in there to get you going!
JTP

Post by JTP »

Sweet!
Thanks for the info. I ment making my own distro imgs though. For exmaple I want to make a Crunchbang IMG. How would I go about doing that?
Thanks! :)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I think BuZz who runs the forum is the Linux guru on here, his joggler site is called Joggler exotica have a look at the wiki above also there must be some info in there regarding cooking your own linux distros .
Happy Joggling
JTP

Post by JTP »

Can't seem to find anything. I was looking at a tutorial for Arch earlier and it seems it's done by making a virtual machine and then injecting a special boot loader or something similar to that affect.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Making your own distro is quite a task. Read up on the boot procedure for the Joggler first (GRUB on partition 1), then use one of the GRUB binaries (either from my site or BuZz's) to boot your preferred Linux on another partition. This may work, but you will most likely need to replace the kernel with a patched one. There are details on the forum about this - search for kernels.

Best of luck. It will be challenging if you've never done it before, but it's an interesting learning curve!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)