Strange screen display on boot up

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
mattjax05

Strange screen display on boot up

Post by mattjax05 »

I purchased three jogglers off ebay and two of them on start up shows the o2 logo (black backround) and their screens show no unnormal displays during the whole boot up process. Now, the third joggler on boot up displays an openpeak logo instead of o2 (but it appears very distant with lines missing and the screen does not look right at all (white glare on the left side as if the screen is cracked or someone is putting pressure on it!) Then screen goes blank and the o2 (blue backround) shows and boots into original OS albeit not convincingly.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm concerned that this joggler may have been tampered with? The seller listed it as perfect condition no mods at all. Another issue is that it wont boot from any of the new Ubuntu images - on Joli it gets stuck in the Joli logo (where the clouds pass by)

Is there anything which can be done on this joggler? Clearly I would have liked the seller to tell me this but he didnt and I dont know what to do...feel somewhat ripped off at the moment.
Matt
roobarb!

Re: Strange screen display on boot up

Post by roobarb! »

The OpenPeak logo is perfectly normal on earlier Jogglers. I've only bumped into one, but other than the logo (and a slightly different screen alignment to the touchscreen) it behaved in exactly the same way as the O2 boot logo ones.

Some pics of the display looking odd would be handy, then we'd have a better idea of what you've got.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

I have 2 and one shows the openpeak logo.

On the very first boot up it had lines on it (similar to what you described) which made me think it was faulty, but it did boot up okay and it has been fine ever since, it doesn't so the line thing anymore either (which I thought was odd)!

No sure about booting to Ubuntu, but will give it a ty this evening and let you know.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

mattjax05 wrote: Has anyone experienced this? I'm concerned that this joggler may have been tampered with? The seller listed it as perfect condition no mods at all. Another issue is that it wont boot from any of the new Ubuntu images - on Joli it gets stuck in the Joli logo (where the clouds pass by)
using ubuntu maverick - edit grub.cfg on the first partition, and remove "quiet" and "splash" and see if you get any details during boot that indicate the problem.
spoyser

Post by spoyser »

I can confirm that my Joggler with the Open Peak logo boots into Ubuntu perfectly okay