Joggler won't Flash

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
julzgeraghty

Re: Joggler won't Flash

Post by julzgeraghty »

I noticed on one of Roobarbs! pages on Birdslikewires that the Openpeak image turns off the ability to boot straight from the stick so I went back to an old version of the O2 os. I can now boot off a USB stick and have the Joggler running Roobarbs! Squeezeplayer off a stick. It still won't boot from internal memory though. Any more suggestions?
pete

Post by pete »

I went back to an old version of the O2 os
statement contradicts this statement.
It still won't boot from internal memory though
Are you stating that you can only boot off a memory stick and if you pull the memory stick then you cannot boot into the original Joggler O2 OS?

Your EFI boot flash might be trashed and its an easy fix. Personally I would just take the EFI boot flash out of the working Joggler and test your internal memory. Really if you are careful it takes 10 minutes to test it. If it works then purchase another chip.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Mevi

Post by Mevi »

From that eBay job lot, I had a Joggler that would appear to flash, but never boot beyond the O2 logo without a USB stick. EFI re-write cured that one. Pete's suggestion to temporarily swap the EFI chip is a good one. Touch a radiator to ground yourself beforehand. :)

Where my 1GB eMMC had died, I had very obvious errors with both Roobarb's and openpeak's flash tools.
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP
pete

Post by pete »

Relating to the 1Gb eMMC you can check it if you can boot into linux. First boot up with a linux stick on the good Joggler and copy out each of the three partitions or the entire disk to a 2nd USB stick. Then go to the non booting flash Joggler, boot into Linux and first do a check on each of the three partitions. If you want then delete all three partitions, write one partition and check it, then delete and write the three partitions back from the backup you did before. If the check disk though doesn't work with the first time you check then your eMMC Gb flash memory is trashed and nothing will fix that other than soldering a new one on the motherboard. But you can continue to boot from the USB stick or just write the Seabios coreboot bios to the EFI flash and boot internally from a USB stick or the PATA port.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater