Updated OpenPeak Firmware (Version 30301)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Re: Updated OpenPeak Firmware (Version 30301)

Post by roobarb! » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:23 pm

JonB wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:06 pm
I still have a problem with the wifi on my devices. I wonder if the new firmware will fix it...? Anyway, thanks for persevering with it. I'm flashing now after several false starts, probably caused by Safari opening the .gz and me not realising it had uncompressed it in situ. With the image uncompressed the boot fails and / or you can't copy it to the USB stick. All my fault - more haste less speed etc.
Yes, Safari tries to be helpful, but the decompressed file won't write because it not match the checksum file, or it'll just be too big for the stick!
JonB wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:06 pm
The reflash appears to have gone well and it is rebooting. Got O2 splash screen then OpenPeak, followed by Tango home screen. So far so good, but it cannot see my wireless network. Locked up with a wired connection on acquiring IP address. On a reboot I have an IP address! Time to go nosing about I guess..
Good luck with it; if you boot the reflash system without an image to write and have a keyboard plugged in, you can boot to a command line. Then you can list all of the interfaces available with:

Code: Select all

ifconfig -a
That way you should at least be able to see if the card is being recognised.
birdslikewires.net - home of the Reflash System, SqueezePlay (OS) and various tools for the Joggler!

JonB

Post by JonB » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Pete - as you can see I have just got both of them working thanks to your advice and roobarb's latest SqueezeOS.

I'm glad there's still some activity on the forum and that people are still using the Joggler.

Once again, thanks to you and roobarb for helping me. Really happy to have the Jogs up and running again. :)

Cheers
JonB

pete

Post by pete » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:52 am

Good news JonB.

Here still utilize main Jogglers for Home automation touchscreens and a few running Squeezeplayer ~ 20 around the house now. While old these continue to run 24/7. The screens are shut off at night.
- Pete

Auto mater

roobarb!

Post by roobarb! » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:46 am

My server is receiving heartbeats (yeah, that's what OpenPeak called them in the code!) from about 8 different devices now; I'm assuming nobody's having trouble with their icons vanishing with v30301? If you are, please post here and I'll investigate.
birdslikewires.net - home of the Reflash System, SqueezePlay (OS) and various tools for the Joggler!

BigT

Post by BigT » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:05 am

Wow.. Found my old bookmarks backup and found this forum still alive.
Time to get my little joggler out of storage and have another play.

Mainly looking to watch my door CCTV ideally. Or as a NAS media player if you can point me in the right direction?

pete

Post by pete » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:07 pm

CCTV works well using SD but is a bit slow using HD. Ultimate with least amount of changes is to convert your Joggler to a Squeezebox player running off of the 1Gb internal eMMC.

Never tried a NAS on the Joggler. I have modded them here with small ZIF SSD drives for use with Windows (and new BIOS).
- Pete

Auto mater

hawsey

Post by hawsey » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Nearest I have is Plex server running for my music collection in the background with Squeezeplay os running off usb efi boot .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling