Open Peak Devices

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
pete

Re: Open Peak Devices

Post by pete »

Thank you Buzz!

Started to do stuff today...wierd that there is not a widget for the wireless card in the base OS.
joggler@joggler:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) HD Audio Controller (rev 07)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 07)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 07)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) USB UHCI #1 (rev 07)
00:1d.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) USB UHCI #2 (rev 07)
00:1d.2 USB controller: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) USB UHCI #3 (rev 07)
00:1d.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) USB EHCI #1 (rev 07)
00:1e.0 SD Host controller: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) SDIO Controller #1 (rev 07)
00:1e.1 SD Host controller: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) SDIO Controller #2 (rev 07)
00:1e.2 SD Host controller: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) SDIO Controller #3 (rev 07)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) LPC Bridge (rev 07)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) IDE Controller (rev 07)
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 02)
02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43225 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)
joggler@joggler:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0930:6545 Toshiba Corp. Kingston DataTraveler 102 Flash Drive / HEMA Flash Drive 2 GB / PNY Attache 4GB Stick
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0a5c:219a Broadcom Corp.
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x Composite Device
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 04b4:1974 Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
I think the Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x is a USB CDMA modem?
0a5c:219a Broadcom Corp google search saids something about bluetooth.

I am wondering what is the Zigbee device?

Checked the hardware clock RTC stuff. I set the hwclock, unplugged the device and waited a bit. Booted it up again and the HW clock appears to lose minutes but date and year remain. Not sure though if this is a valid check to see if there is a battery backed up RTC.

2nd test for the HW clock. Shut it off and unplugged the network cable and power. Powered it up and read RTC and it was off by a few years.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Got the 2nd OpenFrame2 today. Trying to figure out how to open it?

I can see some wierd sliding mechanism from the back and adjacent to the ports. That said I tried to see if there would be anything that would give using a very long screwdriver in the four holes underneath and haven't really been able to tell.

There is just a plastic OpenPeak cover for the rear metal bracket; you take off the cover and the metal bracket slides up and off. Nothing underneath though.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I'll ask my contact if he can still take a photo of the "opening" device, and maybe some measurements.
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you Buzz.

It is a well constructed device.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

hawsey,

Can I install PnPIII without connecting to the internet?

That said thinking of backing up the firmware, dropping PNPIII on it and modifying the base such that it doesn't try to get an update and play with the base OS a bit. Tested the various USB boot builds here of XBMC, Linux and Android and they all work just fine.

Looks too if installed Roobarb's last Joggler firmware on it it would become a Joggler. (IE the other OpenFrame Joggler boxes I have have the DECT chips on them and have regular O2 Joggler firmware and are working just fine and switched these over to the Seabios/coreboot firmware).

So my steps with the one OpenFrame 2 box would be:

1 - using Buzz's Linux build - backup original firmware
2 - update box with PnPIII - backup firmware
3 - install Roobarb's latest firmware - play some
4 - restore original firmware to valid the above three steps

If I could get the VOIP/DECT stuff working, Zigbee interface and the base Joggler OS like GUI; it would be a nice little do all box.

I have multiple VOIP lines that I can utilize and configure this box to.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

OK so I am looking now to back up each of the partitions such that I can play some more:
root@joggler:~# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/uba: 8006 MB, 8006926336 bytes
4 heads, 32 sectors/track, 122176 cylinders, total 15638528 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x000d977b

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/uba1 * 2048 126975 62464 e W95 FAT16 (LBA)
/dev/uba2 126976 626687 249856 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/uba3 626688 7800831 3587072 83 Linux

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 2055 MB, 2055208960 bytes
4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 62720 cylinders, total 4014080 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00140014

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/mmcblk0p1 * 16 125055 62520 ef EFI (FAT-12/16/32)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 125056 1011839 443392 83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p3 1011840 1898623 443392 83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk0p4 1898624 4014079 1057728 83 Linux
root@joggler:~#
Installed gparted to the linux USB boot stick. Also now mounting the partitions to look at the base OS.
root@joggler:/# cd mnt
root@joggler:/mnt# ls
root@joggler:/mnt# mkdir p1
root@joggler:/mnt# mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/p1

root@joggler:/mnt# cd p1

root@joggler:/mnt/p1# ls
boot.efi initrd startup.nsh sum0 sum1 vmlinux0 vmlinux1

root@joggler:/mnt/p1# cd ..
root@joggler:/mnt# mkdir p2
root@joggler:/mnt# mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/p2
root@joggler:/mnt# cd p2
root@joggler:/mnt/p2# ls

bin cfg efi lib lost+found mnt proc sbin tmp usr
boot dev etc linuxrc media openpeak root sys updates var
root@joggler:/mnt/p2#
So I see that partition 1 is the EFI boot partition like the regular Joggler. Partitions 2 and 3 look identical and partition 4 is a bit interesting with the "added" energy stuff for the electric utility
root@joggler:/mnt# mkdir p3
root@joggler:/mnt# mkdir p4
root@joggler:/mnt# mount /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt/p3
root@joggler:/mnt# mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/p4
root@joggler:/mnt# cd p3
root@joggler:/mnt/p3# ls
bin cfg efi lib lost+found mnt proc sbin test updates var
boot dev etc linuxrc media openpeak root sys tmp usr
root@joggler:/mnt/p3# cd ..
root@joggler:/mnt# cd p4
root@joggler:/mnt/p4# ls
app-cfg appshop ember EnergyData logs lost+found media zigbee.xml
root@joggler:/mnt/p4#
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

It appears by looking that I have no telephony stuff on my Openpeak 2.

I did try to get it and cannot download the firmware:
# Try to get an update for this device
cd /updates
wget http://applog.openpeak.net/firmware/app-`cat /etc/ethermac`.tgz
# if tango has exited more than 10 times,
# try to run a stable version with telephony
mv /openpeak/tango/class_modules /openpeak/tango/cm_bak
mkdir /openpeak/tango/class_modules
cp /openpeak/tango/cm_bak/libApplicationManager.so /openpeak/tango/class_modules
cp /openpeak/tango/cm_bak/libOPUtil.so /openpeak/tango/class_modules
cp /openpeak/tango/cm_bak/libffplay.so /openpeak/tango/class_modules
cp /openpeak/tango/cm_bak/libScreensaver.so /openpeak/tango/class_modules
cp /openpeak/tango/cm_bak/libVOIP.so /openpeak/tango/class_modules
cp /openpeak/tango/cm_bak/libLocalAddressBook.so /openpeak/tango/class_modules
cp /openpeak/gui/config.xml /openpeak/gui/config.xml.recover
cp /openpeak/gui/config.xml.stable /openpeak/gui/config.xml
try=1
while [ $try -le 10 ]; do
echo Starting tango $try ...
./tango /openpeak/gui/opphone.swf > /dev/null 2>&1
try=`expr $try + 1`
sleep 2
done
hawsey,

Did you back up your partition before installing PnPIII on it?
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

The top USB header looks to be the size of the smaller newer type of headers found on the newest motherboards. That said I thought I had one around and instead just ordered one.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I was able to boot into XP today.

With Linux booting I had seen a bluetooth and usb to UART device in addition to the wireless lan and wired lan device.

XP also saw the bluetooth and USB to UART device.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I was able to get the OpenPeak DECT 6.0 phone to work with another VOIP combo DECT 6.0 phone set up.

That said now if I could get the linux configuration for the Telio set up I might be able to tweak it to talk to another SIP server. This would be leading to a combo Openframe 2 with VOIP and DECT 6.0 telephones working device which actually would be the ultimate nightstand device.

Roobarb,

Did you ever back up your firmware before letting it update? My firmware here only has the Zigbee stuff but no DECT VOIP stuff.
- Pete

Auto mater
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

pete_c wrote: Did you ever back up your firmware before letting it update? My firmware here only has the Zigbee stuff but no DECT VOIP stuff.
I got mine backed up here. What are you after - the complete image or bits from it?
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks offbeatdave.

Not totally sure? What do you propose? Did you back up each of the partitions before updating it with PnP3? Or does it matter?

I mean I want to first back up my stuff using the DD method (?) and write it to a memory stick for safe keeping.

Update the current with PnP3 as a test.

Write back the image with DD; validate its back to the original.

Write your original image using DD to my device.

I found four partitions there so it would be four files?

I am looking to see if your base image pairs up with the openpeak DECT 6.0 phone initially; then maybe play around with the SIP settings some.
- Pete

Auto mater
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

My clean image is all one file I'm afraid so I'd have to find a way to compress and upload it. All my backups were done/are restored in Mint via dd command stuff.

I do have the telephony-related apps separate though so I could upload them easily as a starting point if you want.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks offbeatdave.

I am doing real baby steps with this stuff as I worry about bricking it. Anything would work for me.

I have a drop box set up and will share an upload folder.

Meanwhile here I have soldered two more of the Jogglers adding the PATA and second internal USB ports. I found that I can just connect an SSD ZIF drive via a USB to ZIF device and just copy the image over from one partition to another while in the OS. Actually takes about 15 minutes or so.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

offbeatdave,

Actually just this morning purchased another Openframe II with phone. Got the Openframe II bug for buying and looking from Roobarb.

Thank you Roobarb.

Looking through the OS (on my current one) I can run a script file to restore it to original stock OS. I have no clue what this one was used for or what it was a beta for (energy usage or VOIP box?)

So now I will have the base OS with DECT phone connectivity and VOIP functions.

I have tested the Openframe DECT phone to work with my one VOIP combo DECT phone box and it works but doesn't provide a few features.

I mean I can dial out and receive phone calls but I cannot utilize speaker phone or pictures et al.

The ultimate "Joggler" would be a combo "doo all" with DECT phone connectivity and an autonomous VOIP setup. (IE: today I have both old fashioned copper phone (its a WAF thing) and multiple VOIP lines). Wierd but my wife will not utilize the VOIP lines in the house and prefers to only use the copper lines. Old fashioned I guess she will not turn on her cell phone unless she wants to use it; then she shuts it off.
Attachments
OpenFrame2withphone.jpg
- Pete

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Jeez pete, how many joggler/joggler types do you have now!? Are the larger openpeak ones easy to find in the states?
pete

Post by pete »

Not totally sure. I think I have these.

1 - Joggler with Joggler OS and logo
2 - Openpeak labeled Joggler with Openframe2 motherboard
3 - Bigger ones with Openframe2 motherboard

The bigger ones were used for the utility company smart meter testing. It has wireless, bluetooth, NIC, Zigbee and a DECT chip. Its only configured for the NIC and Zigbee interface. I think these were given to testers. I am not sure how many are out there.

I have no clue about the one I purchased today.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Received the above mentioned OpenPeak II device today. This device was definitely utilized. (well worn).

It came with an original OpenPeak black box with no other telco logos. The OpenPeak DECT phone is smaller than the other one that I have. The menu has stuff like restaurants etc. Looks like a doo all phone touchscreen type thing. It even came with a couple of manuals. Very impressive.

I will take pictures.
- Pete

Auto mater
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Cool - always good to see interesting OpenPeak stuff!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Post by pete »

I did the DD image thing to two boxes. One was the energy box and the other being the Telco hub.

That said when I then updated the two OS's with most current Roobarb's OS I lost the sound on the two boxes.

Then I tried to DD the original back to the two boxes and all they would do is boot to a white screen.

Next I tried and successfully DD'd offbeatdave's image and the two of them are functioning with sound now.

Both of them though are trying to get an image update when booting and it appears that they are writing an archived image back to the Openframe.

Currently looking at the various boot up scripts to find out where its doing this. I am guessing its looking at the FW number or something similiar; finding no match maybe then doing the update?

I can watch it doing this by running dmsg in an SSH session.

Playing some see:
# ./EEPROMReadHWInfo
Hardware Info = 8047-03
playing a bit more:
Usage: ResetConfig <Client>
Where <Client> must be one of the following:
openpeak o2 telefonica telefonicaflash verizon cox avaya thomson telstra telio openpeaksdk swisscomflash comed openpeakdemo_energy
# ./ResetConfig openpeaksdk
Checking customer configuration
Device Configured for <openpeaksdk>
Initializing NVRAM
Reseting Hardware Clock
./ResetConfig: line 205: RTCReset: not found
Erasing sum1...
Syncing

Configuration reset successfully
#
# ./EEPROMReadHWInfo
Hardware Info = 8054-21
- Pete

Auto mater