Disable player

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
joggy

Disable player

Post by joggy »

is there an easy way to disable the player on the squeezeplay install on joggler atm? (just want to use the controller)
Paul Webster

Re: Disable player

Post by Paul Webster »

Not trivial.
However, you could replace Squeezeplay with Jivelite.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthre ... -a-Joggler
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

How funny, this is just the information I was looking for... weird. 8-)

So is this the done thing these days? Jivelite + background player (ie. squeezelite)?
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Paul Webster

Post by Paul Webster »

I suspect that most have stayed with the full SqueezePlay given it is the out-of-the-Box setup.
The 2nd hand Joggler that I have acquired over the years have all come with SqueezePlay rather than JiveLite.

I think that one reason for wanting the split was where the Joggler was only being used as a controller and the user did not want the extra player from SquuezePlay being listed in LMS.

Squeezelite has had attention over the years and gained some more capabilities and I think SqueezePlay has had no significant work on the player component.
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

roobarb! wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:18 am How funny, this is just the information I was looking for... weird. 8-)
Nice little guide for installing Jivelite further down this thread too!