Wink Relay V2 to Squeezeplayer

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
pete

Wink Relay V2 to Squeezeplayer

Post by pete »

These are being dumped on Ebay for some very good prices. (IE cheaper than a used Joggler)

Going to install one in the main bathroom such that it is running Squeezeplayer and a Home Assistant MQTT stuff.

I currently utilize a Joggler there running Squeezeplayer connected to an amplifier / speakers. (not the Russound Zoned amp).

Basically you root it and install new software to it.

I'll post my step by step here.
Wink.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Paul Webster

Re: Wink Relay V2 to Squeezeplayer

Post by Paul Webster »

Can it easily work on UK/EU power and wireless frequencies?
pete

Post by pete »

Seen a hack / mod to use 220 or a 220 to 5VDC power supply. Only difference between WiFi is max power here in the US is 200mW and UK is 100mW.

That said I have only only seen WiFi here at up to 100Mw. WiFi frequencies are the same.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Paul Webster

Post by Paul Webster »

I think I read somewhere that the Zigbee or z-wave frequencies are different.

I had a quick look on eBay but all for sales were, probably unsurprisingly, in USA.
pete

Post by pete »

Done here modifying. Initially and most important is to root the device.

Yes Zigbee and ZWave are on different frequencies. Here using a modded Edison base that provides MQTT messages and control.

The base Android build is 4.3 circa 2012. Screen is very tiny.

Here is the base / main screen I am using which speaks MQTT such that you can remote control it and read the temperatures on it.

Still looking for a Squeezebox player that works with Android 4.3.
wink-1.jpg
wink-2.jpg
- Pete

Auto mater