Hp laptop :-)

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
hawsey

Hp laptop :-)

Post by hawsey »

A new find ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
Andrew1971

Re: Hp laptop :-)

Post by Andrew1971 »

That's a good find what OS is running and Where do you keep finding all this !!! :D
Andrew
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I'm not sure what it's running , at the startup it says press something to reformat or space to continue , press space then another screen comes up .
Andrew I could tell you where I get them but I'd have to kill you 8-).

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

HP Portable plusImageImage

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Wow!!!

Googled and found it on the HP Website:
hp-110.jpg
Wiki mentions

The Hewlett-Packard HP 110 (aka HP Portable) was an MS-DOS compatible portable computer released in 1984. It used a Harris 80C86 running at 5.33 MHz with 272 KB of RAM. It had an 80 character by 16 line monochrome (480 x 128 pixel) liquid crystal display, ran MS-DOS 2.11 in ROM, and had the application programs MemoMaker, Terminal Emulator and Lotus 1-2-3 in ROM.

The LCD could be tilted for visibility, and could be folded down over the keyboard for transport, unlike computers such as the TRS-80 Model 100 which had the display in the same fixed plane as the keyboard. The HP 110 is similar to the Dulmont Magnum and the Sharp PC-5000, but all three computers were separately developed by their respective companies. At introduction it had a list price of 2995 US$ (today $7054.85).

The HP 110 computer, also known as the HP Portable, is a portable MS-DOS computer produced by Hewlett-Packard. Probably the finest portable computer of its day, it has four-times the screen display as the popular but older TRS-80 model 100, and is screaming-fast at over 5 MHz.

The HP-110 is fairly heavy at 9 pounds, but has exceptional battery life, up to 16 hours. The operating system is MS-DOS 2.11, permanently stored in ROM. The BASIC programming language is not built-in, you have to load if from an external drive.

There is an enormous 256K of RAM, with MemoMaker, Lotus 123 and a terminal emulator built-in. Since the applications are executed directly from ROM, more RAM is available for user data.

The RAM is divided between system RAM and electronic disk emulation - a RAM-disk. Application data is stored on this virtual disk drive, which is fully MS-DOS compatible - it can even be formatted. Since the CMOS-based RAM is very power-efficient, stored data will be kept for months on a single charge.

On the down-side, there is no easy way to upgrade this system, as there are no internal expansion slots. It has no built-in floppy drive or hard disk, nor a standard cassette recorder interface.

The external ports are an HP-IL interface, a serial port, and a phone connection for the internal 300 baud modem, which works with the built-in terminal emulator.

Is it destined for your Computer museum?
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:Wow!!!

Googled and found it on the HP Website:
hp-110.jpg
Wiki mentions

The Hewlett-Packard HP 110 (aka HP Portable) was an MS-DOS compatible portable computer released in 1984. It used a Harris 80C86 running at 5.33 MHz with 272 KB of RAM. It had an 80 character by 16 line monochrome (480 x 128 pixel) liquid crystal display, ran MS-DOS 2.11 in ROM, and had the application programs MemoMaker, Terminal Emulator and Lotus 1-2-3 in ROM.

The LCD could be tilted for visibility, and could be folded down over the keyboard for transport, unlike computers such as the TRS-80 Model 100 which had the display in the same fixed plane as the keyboard. The HP 110 is similar to the Dulmont Magnum and the Sharp PC-5000, but all three computers were separately developed by their respective companies. At introduction it had a list price of 2995 US$ (today $7054.85).

The HP 110 computer, also known as the HP Portable, is a portable MS-DOS computer produced by Hewlett-Packard. Probably the finest portable computer of its day, it has four-times the screen display as the popular but older TRS-80 model 100, and is screaming-fast at over 5 MHz.

The HP-110 is fairly heavy at 9 pounds, but has exceptional battery life, up to 16 hours. The operating system is MS-DOS 2.11, permanently stored in ROM. The BASIC programming language is not built-in, you have to load if from an external drive.

There is an enormous 256K of RAM, with MemoMaker, Lotus 123 and a terminal emulator built-in. Since the applications are executed directly from ROM, more RAM is available for user data.

The RAM is divided between system RAM and electronic disk emulation - a RAM-disk. Application data is stored on this virtual disk drive, which is fully MS-DOS compatible - it can even be formatted. Since the CMOS-based RAM is very power-efficient, stored data will be kept for months on a single charge.

On the down-side, there is no easy way to upgrade this system, as there are no internal expansion slots. It has no built-in floppy drive or hard disk, nor a standard cassette recorder interface.

The external ports are an HP-IL interface, a serial port, and a phone connection for the internal 300 baud modem, which works with the built-in terminal emulator.

Is it destined for your Computer museum?
Ha ha Pete , Computer Museum , you would think so :-) .
You always come up with the information Pete , thanks for that , wow it was expensive .
I don't think I would have bought one then .
Not sure what the plan is for them yet , they just interest me :-)

Happy Joggling
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

You should check this out :

http://www.computerconservationsociety.org/

I've been to some of the meetings over 15 years ago and it was interesting stuff. Most of the meetings are London based, I think.

It's good though, that old languages I've done a lot of work in are still available under Linux. Plus there is OpenVMS (OpenSource version of DEC's VMS OS, which I did some significant work in) is available for anyone who signs up. And this will run on modern processors.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Juggler wrote:You should check this out :

http://www.computerconservationsociety.org/

I've been to some of the meetings over 15 years ago and it was interesting stuff. Most of the meetings are London based, I think.

It's good though, that old languages I've done a lot of work in are still available under Linux. Plus there is OpenVMS (OpenSource version of DEC's VMS OS, which I did some significant work in) is available for anyone who signs up. And this will run on modern processors.
Thanks Juggler :-) I'll have a look :-)

Happy Joggling