Jongo Speakers .

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
hawsey

Re: Jongo Speakers .

Post by hawsey »

Its done , I'm now on 2.4 firmware :-) now for some tinkering ...

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Would I be correct in thinking that these can't be synced with other squeezeplayers, only between themselves via UPNP?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Couldn't resist the BOGOF, guess I'll soon see... As long as I can pair them together I can create am upstairs zone I guess. I'll soon be into double figures on Squeeze devices!

hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Wilbatron wrote:Couldn't resist the BOGOF, guess I'll soon see... As long as I can pair them together I can create am upstairs zone I guess. I'll soon be into double figures on Squeeze devices!

Well done :-) they have a great sound for the size ...
I will be buying more soon too if we could get sync play to work it would be sorted .

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

If you set up each speaker as a upnpbridge player (with unique names) then you can sync them. Setting one as L and R doesn't work so well.
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

OK, but only synced with each other - not my other devices?

castalla

Post by castalla »

Wilbatron wrote:OK, but only synced with each other - not my other devices?

I guess they can be synced with other devices - haven't tried.

The native Jongo pairing doesn't carry over into LMS, as it does with Sonos pairs.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Still not having much luck installing Upnp bridge on LMS .
Not sure what the issue is , probably just me :-(
When I log in to LMS from my W10 PC , double checking the IP address on the Joggler it opens up fine .
I don't think it is letting me log in as when I go to the mysqueezebox.com section my email address is shown but when I type in my password and apply , nothing happens and the field stays blank .Does this matter ?

When I look in the plugins section Upnp/Dlna Bridge 0.2.7.3 by Phillips , is ticked under active plug ins , so does that mean it is already there and working ?

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

hawsey wrote:Still not having much luck installing Upnp bridge on LMS .
Not sure what the issue is , probably just me :-(
When I log in to LMS from my W10 PC , double checking the IP address on the Joggler it opens up fine .
I don't think it is letting me log in as when I go to the mysqueezebox.com section my email address is shown but when I type in my password and apply , nothing happens and the field stays blank .Does this matter ?

When I look in the plugins section Upnp/Dlna Bridge 0.2.7.3 by Phillips , is ticked under active plug ins , so does that mean it is already there and working ?

Okay. You don't actually log-in to LMS - it's just there. The mysb.com section is there only to 'tie' LMS to mysb.com - so, certain plugins depend on mysb.com. The password is never shown.

If the upnpbridge plugin is listed and checked it is installed.

Just use the Advanced tab - top left dropdown - scroll down to upnpbridge - click - settings page appears.

Confirm you get that far.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Busy building a shed :-) later ... Cheers will do .

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Shed built , felt required :-)

Right I've got it , the settings page for Upnp bridge with the first line , start the bridge ...

Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

Try the following steps:

1. Select in binary file - squeeze2upnp-x86-static

2. Check start the brdge

Hit Apply at bottom right

------------------------------------

Switch on Jongo

Allow it to connect to network
------------------------------------

Click on Generate button to create a config file

This can take some time to work

-------------------------------------------

When config has been created, you should see the Jongo listed at the foot of the page under

List of players currently in configuration file - Note that more devices might have been discovered

--------------------------------------------

At this point - if Jongo is listed - uncheck the start bridge box

Hit Apply

-------------------------------------------

The next step is to refine the Jongo config. We'll do that after you confirm the Jongo is listed as a player.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I'm still working on this , i did as suggested above and the Jongo was not listed , just my Samsung TV , to cut a long story short i could not get the Jongo back on my Wireles network correctly using the app , the light is solid green but it wont show up .

Trying again tomorrow with a fresh head ..........
Happy Joggling
castalla

Post by castalla »

hawsey wrote:I'm still working on this , i did as suggested above and the Jongo was not listed , just my Samsung TV , to cut a long story short i could not get the Jongo back on my Wireles network correctly using the app , the light is solid green but it wont show up .

Trying again tomorrow with a fresh head ..........
Okay - the fact that the samsung is there shows the plugin is working.

Leave the plugin activated.

Switch off the Jongo. Wait a couple of minutes. Switch back on. Wait a few minutes. Check if it appears.

------------------------------------------------------------

If not, then disable the binary. Hit Apply. Delete the existing config. There's a delete button. Hit Apply again.

Switch binary on. Hit Apply. Make sure Jongo is on. Generate. Wait a couple of minutes.

This part is fiddly .... it can take several attempts to get the Jongo listed.

Don't use the pure connect app while you are doing any of the above.
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Have you set the plugin to use /BUFFER as the buffering directory? I did this earlier without reading the instructions in full - the log showed it was trying to write to a folder it didn't have access to, and as a result it didn't add the Jongos to the available player list. Just change the location to ? instead and it'll choose itself (probably to /tmp).
castalla

Post by castalla »

Wilbatron wrote:Have you set the plugin to use /BUFFER as the buffering directory? I did this earlier without reading the instructions in full - the log showed it was trying to write to a folder it didn't have access to, and as a result it didn't add the Jongos to the available player list. Just change the location to ? instead and it'll choose itself (probably to /tmp).
I advised earlier not to modify any plugin settings UNTIL the device is listed. It should use ? by default.
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Yep of course, I'm getting ahead of myself. They appeared for me fine but after I'd configured them with your settings they disappeared due to the permissions issue.

castalla

Post by castalla »

Wilbatron wrote:Yep of course, I'm getting ahead of myself. They appeared for me fine but after I'd configured them with your settings they disappeared due to the permissions issue.

Yes ... I wasn't clear that /BUFFER was my own setting (which I used very early on to check what the bridge was actually doing with certain live streams)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers , will try again tonight :-)

Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Still plugging away , having no joy :-(
When you day disable the binary , what do you mean, there are only two choices .x86 or x86 static .
I'm beginning to wonder if the Jongo is properly connected to my internet ,it flashes green then solid green does that sound right .

Happy Joggling