Jongo Speakers .

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
hawsey

Re: Jongo Speakers .

Post by hawsey »

Wilbatron wrote:Ended up falling out with all attempts to get sync to work wirelessly. In the end I've got a Pi Zero + USB soundcard plugged into the USB socket on the back of the Jongo booting piCoreplayer. Boots up and starts playing in about 30 seconds and seems to have a pretty decent run time from battery. Need to find a decent enclosure for everything now though!
Sounds cool Wilbarton , have you a link to how you set this up ? I tried to get a PiZero with the magazine but failed :-( i have a spare Pi2 knocking around though ...
Happy Joggling
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Not a great deal to document to be honest, especially if you've got a full fat Pi to play with as it's got audio and network built in...

Download the image from https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home - write it to an SD card, boot, check your router to see what IP it's got, connect to the web interface and configure.

As a Pi Zero only has a micro USB OTG and a micro USB power connector you'll need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331590614864
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331506689160
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152019578469
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121902595001
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261006453638

A USB network adapter is useful for the initial wifi config, or a normal pi to do the config in and then swap the cards over...
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers
Some great prices on the kit you posted , i might try source a Pi Zero and use them , i might have other plans for th Pi 2
Thanks
Happy Joggling
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Yep - bit of a waste of hardware using the Pi2 for it. I'm after another Zero myself so I can do the same with the second Jongo I have.

I've got the first player configured to be part of a sync group and set to auto resume it's playlist when it starts so it's now all nice and seamless.

Regarding the A2 for the amp, personally I'd go down the above route instead as you at least end up with a proper Squeezeplayer rather than having to use the upnpbridge,
castalla

Post by castalla »

hawsey wrote:Nice one , did you get a white one ?
What are the benefits of this over the S3 ?
I quite fancied the A2 Hi Fi adapter for my AMP , they seem very cheap .
No, it's black.

The only white ones I found were in the USA.

One advantage is the power button has a much dimmer light level! The S3 is too bright! I asked Pure if they could add a level option - but they just said there were no plans to change the config.

The T series have an equaliser feature - haven't tried it yet.
castalla

Request for LMS log feedback

Post by castalla »

I've noticed that a strange error message appears in my Joggler LMS log. At first, I thought it was a Jongo issue, but it appears with all my upnpbridge players.

If I play a live mp3 stream (eg. LBC) then the following error appear in the logL

Code: Select all

[16-06-10 21:28:59.6645] Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTP::getMetadataFor (663) Metadata provider Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::TuneIn::Metadata::provider failed: 
[16-06-10 21:28:59.6659] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::songinfoQuery]: [Can't call method "playingSong" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 672.
]
[16-06-10 21:28:59.6678] Slim::Plugin::CLI::Plugin::cli_process (634) Request [songinfo] failed with error: Bad dispatch!

It doesn't seem to affect playback but even the gurus at slimdevices seem stumped by this.

Can anyone running upnpbridge check to see if the error message appears on your system?

Play a live mp3 station - then

LMS gui - Settings - Information - scroll down to the Logitech Media Server Log File at bottom of page - check the 100 line option
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

That looks to me like the TuneIn plugin tries to query the player via a HTTP call to grab the current playing track metadata - it will be embedded in the MP3 stream as an ID3 tag so the player is probably responsible for decoding that.

Given upnpbridge is emulating the fact that the speaker is a Squeezeplayer, I suspect it's just not able to retrieve that piece of metadata because the device has no concept of it in the same way that a real Squeezeplayer would do.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Wilbatron wrote:That looks to me like the TuneIn plugin tries to query the player via a HTTP call to grab the current playing track metadata - it will be embedded in the MP3 stream as an ID3 tag so the player is probably responsible for decoding that.

Given upnpbridge is emulating the fact that the speaker is a Squeezeplayer, I suspect it's just not able to retrieve that piece of metadata because the device has no concept of it in the same way that a real Squeezeplayer would do.
Maybe ... but do you see the same error message using upnpbridge ?
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Yep, just grepped my logs and it looks like it happened a lot - here's a sample:

server.log.2.gz:[16-05-16 21:27:00.2469] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::songinfoQuery]: [Can't call method "playingSong" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 672.
server.log.2.gz:[16-05-16 21:40:53.5786] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::songinfoQuery]: [Can't call method "playingSong" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 672.
server.log.2.gz:[16-05-16 21:51:37.4894] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::songinfoQuery]: [Can't call method "playingSong" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 672.
server.log.2.gz:[16-05-16 21:51:48.6785] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::songinfoQuery]: [Can't call method "playingSong" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Protocols/HTTP.pm line 672.
Last edited by Wilbatron on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

As if by magic Pimorini have got Pi Zero's in again - £6.50 including delivery for the board itself. Was tempted to buy their PHAT DAC for a bit of further tinkering but will save that for another day...
castalla

Post by castalla »

Wilbatron wrote:Yep, just grepped my logs and it looks like it happened a lot - here's a sample:
Thanks for the confirmation.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Wilbatron wrote:As if by magic Pimorini have got Pi Zero's in again - £6.50 including delivery for the board itself. Was tempted to buy their PHAT DAC for a bit of further tinkering but will save that for another day...
Ahh just missed out , all gone now ... Well the ones you mentioned anyway

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers will do :-) I noticed we have the same phone, have you tried / managed to root it ?
I'm having bother .

Happy Joggling
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Ha - I've tried a few times but similarly had bother, it's starting to feel a bit sluggish for me now though so I do need to put some time aside to make it happen so I can put a custom ROM on it. Kingroot doesn't work for me though.

I think I saw a thread on Modaco that suggested a Windows app was pretty reliable at rooting it but I'm a long time Linux user and don't have a Windows machine to try it on...
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Don't bother , I tried the Windows tool and no good , I can get it to root with Kingroot but it won't stick .
If you wait until Kingtoot gets to about 20 % then switch your phone off and on again ( you might need to try a few times ) then open KingRoot again it will pick up at 20% then root .
Its flashing TWRP I can't get to stick .

Happy Joggling
Wilbatron

Post by Wilbatron »

Aah thanks for the heads up - I'll have another tinker at some point then. I'd seen mentions of root not sticking but assumed if you could get it to temporarily root long enough to get TWRP on then all would be good.