DSpeaker Antimode 8033S II

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
jim_lewis1

DSpeaker Antimode 8033S II

Post by jim_lewis1 »

This is so far away from Jogglers, but of course if you're interested in music reproduction which is what many of us use the Joggler for it may be of interest.

I just wanted to let people know about this device as it is quite old now and can be found at reasonable(ish) prices secondhand (less than 250 quid or so).

This may seem lie a lot for a black box, but if you use a subwoofer it can perform quite surprising improvements over none room equalised subs.

The key is that it performs an analysis of the sound produced by your sub in your room. It then reduces the output of the sub over any frequencies that room nodes cause unwanted booming.

If you have found yourself disappointed by an apparently reasonable sub (100 quid or up) it may well be markedly improved by this device.

I use it with the sub that came with an entry level 5.1 speaker system I got for 100 quid but which usually retails for more than that (150 in the sale at Richer Sounds at the moment, but has been as high as 250)

The bass is more taught and responsive and doesn't wallow as it did prior to using this device.

I'm sure with a bigger/better sub the results would be even more noticeable.

As I say, just thought this might be of interest to people on here as we do like our gadgets and this one is particularly good at what it does.

There is now an even more sophisticated model, but this is quite a bit more costly and as an entry into the world of room equalisation on subs the 8033S II is a good place to start.

This is the unit:

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/ant ... 8033.shtml

Despite most AVRs offering room EQ of some sort they almost never operate in the lower frequencies where it would make most difference, as a result this device can be used with an AVR to good effect.
pete

Re: DSpeaker Antimode 8033S II

Post by pete »

Very nice stuff Jim.

Here utilize a powered sub woofer attached to the AVR. It is a 15" job and looks like a little end table behind side of the couch table in the back of the room. I have set it down a bunch cuz it was a bit much bass.

The AVR has a sound equalizer and the subwoofer has controls on it.

I have not much played with either controls here. I did update the sound and have it configured for 7.1 at this time. I am using a combination of external front, in ceiling middle and external rear plus the subwoofer.

I looked on Ebay here and only see one for around $400 USD.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater