Cisco open peak Squeezeplay control

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
pete

Re: Cisco open peak Squeezeplay control

Post by pete »

Yup; the Openpeak 2 are very nicely made. Same / similiar to the smaller Openpeak devices. Both have metal heatsinks over all the hot stuff.

You can remove the table bracket and probably fit a wall mount to it.

If you want to play with the Zigbee chip on your Cisco have a look at the settings there for Zigbee.

Wondering if you pair up with any newer Zigbee thermostat?

There is also a DECT chip with DECT phone connectivity on same said device.

Inside there is a combo mini pcie slot with a combo bluetooth and wireless card.

I have tested it (among other cards) with a Broadcom Crystal HD card and it works well at streaming HD stuff; IE: for KODI it worked well.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

pete wrote:Yup; the Openpeak 2 are very nicely made. Same / similiar to the smaller Openpeak devices. Both have metal heatsinks over all the hot stuff.

You can remove the table bracket and probably fit a wall mount to it.

If you want to play with the Zigbee chip on your Cisco have a look at the settings there for Zigbee.

Wondering if you pair up with any newer Zigbee thermostat?

There is also a DECT chip with DECT phone connectivity on same said device.

Inside there is a combo mini pcie slot with a combo bluetooth and wireless card.

I have tested it (among other cards) with a Broadcom Crystal HD card and it works well at streaming HD stuff; IE: for KODI it worked well.

I can't see any way to get the N wifi working. Guess SqpOS only has the b/g drivers
ramymounir

Post by ramymounir »

i have made the bootable disk on my windows, i made another one on my mac laptop, and i made it for a third time on my ubuntu image,, that cisco device completely ignores the usb.. it is exactly as if i didn't connect a usb.. should i return the device?
castalla

Post by castalla »

ramymounir wrote:i have made the bootable disk on my windows, i made another one on my mac laptop, and i made it for a third time on my ubuntu image,, that cisco device completely ignores the usb.. it is exactly as if i didn't connect a usb.. should i return the device?
Have you tried different usb sticks?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

ramymounir wrote:i have made the bootable disk on my windows, i made another one on my mac laptop, and i made it for a third time on my ubuntu image,, that cisco device completely ignores the usb.. it is exactly as if i didn't connect a usb.. should i return the device?
Before you give up , please on a Windows PC give these utilities a try even if you have different versions , I could not make bootable images until I was recommended these utilities when I first started with the Joggler
The steps to a bootable USB stick

1: Download the Operating system of your choice and extract it using 7zip , make sure the extracted file ends in .img with no other extensions , to check this right click the containing folder and check the box show hidden file extensions .

2: Format your stick using the HP utilities tool below

3: Open up Win32 .7 and wright the image to the USB disc

4 : Click on safely remove device in windows and pull out your stick

5 : Power off the Cisco , plug in the stick , power on :-)

Good luck

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2792g7f1e2k ... 97kQa?dl=0
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Doing a TM remote control...Ramy is doing everything right...still on line here...all MAC...right now...tried Ubuntu but not seeing the USB stick via VB or Windows VB...

Not booting though.

Might be just a bad USB stick???

Ramy is going to purchase a new stick and try again. If the result doesn't work he will send me the Openframe2 here and I will give it a go.

I like this whole Joggler global thing......
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Any luck ?
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

No.

He is going to send it and get another one.
- Pete

Auto mater
castalla

Post by castalla »

pete wrote:No.

He is going to send it and get another one.
I suspect that used Ciscos will likely have been connected to the internet and have been 'updated' thereby crippling the usb boot.

This is the 3rd instance of an unbootable usb Cisco - all of which are used devices.
pete

Post by pete »

I was just guessing here relating the the calling home as I do not have any Cisco's. I have seen this with a Verizon one that I had.
- Pete

Auto mater