Android 4.0 crashes when external speaker powered off

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
Error

Re: Android 4.0 crashes when external speaker powered off

Post by Error »

I just tried to rename it in 7ZIP while unpacking which seems a success.. But tonight I will see.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Going to give this a go now :-)
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Remember to install Nova Launcher ASAP - the stock launcher isn't formatted properly for the display.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Dave that link isn't working for me , Error is correct , after extract it ends in .IMG.tar or something like that and if you re name it , it won't boot up .
I did find on my laptop what I think is the same image but already extracted .
I have written that to my stick and it boots up OK .
I can upload the ready extracted .IMG to dropbox if you want but haven't tested other than singing in to Google and WiFi .
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Can you just check this is the version you have DWL and cheers Nova Launcher looks much better :-)
uploadfromtaptalk1442261108034.png
Sorry I think its a bit blurry
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

This is better
uploadfromtaptalk1442262019293.png
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Can you tell me the build number? It's too blurry to read.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

IMM76L
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Yep, that's the one. What size is the disk image you have? It may be too big to upload to Mediafire etc. The one already posted is much smaller as it's had all the empty space removed. I don't know how to do this!

PS I'm re-downloading the original Mediafire image to see what's going wrong here.

PPS it all extracted fine, I ended up with an *.img file of 2GB. I'll upload the uncompressed file to Mediafire in the morning. Remember to read the comments in the original Android Joggler post:

Bug - if the Joggler goes to sleep, it turns off the touchscreen so there's no way to wake it back up. Workaround is to tick 'Stay Awake' in Developer Options in Settings. You can set the display timeout to whatever you like; which will cause it to dim the screen slightly after that period.

Once you have everything adjusted to your liking make sure you make a backup image of your USB stick with win32diskimager - my first attempt had a bad shutdown then got stuck in a bootloop so I lost a couple of hours putting everything back together :-(

Also install Nova Launcher ASAP as the stock launcher is wrongly formatted for the Joggler's display. There is also a useful Rotation Manager app available which stops some apps launching themselves sideways in portrait mode.
Last edited by dwl99 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers , are you using a force screen rotation app ? The one you linked to extracts at exactly 2gb , the one I had on my laptop ready extracted is 2.07192 gb
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Yes, here it is (the screen rotation app) https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk1avxwv7fnll ... 6.apk?dl=0

The disk image sizes I have are the same as yours.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Cheers :-)
Happy Joggling
gegs

Post by gegs »

hawsey wrote:Dave that link isn't working for me , Error is correct , after extract it ends in .IMG.tar or something like that and if you re name it , it won't boot up
If you have 7-zip installed, right-click on the .img.tar file, choose 7-zip from the context menu and choose 'Extract here'. This will result in a properly unarchived .img file in the same location as your .img.tar file.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hmm sure that's what I did but got the same as Error , I always use 7zip ha ha , will look tomorrow night , off for some zzzzzz now :-)
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

It's all coming back to me now - keep unzipping until you are left with a file named joggler-android-ics - there will be no .img file extension visible in Windows if you have "show file extensions for known file types" turned off. Don't add an .img extension to the file or Windows will think it's named joggler-android-ics.img.img - then just flash with Win32diskimager.

I flashed the image to an 8GB USB stick but the image takes up only 4GB and I started to run out of storage space on the virtual SDcard so I resized the partitions with gparted (Linux).
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Same here ha ha , I put it on one of those slimline SanDiscs 32Gb but never thought about re sizing , is GParted the one you boot off a CD ? Will have to do this myself .
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Yes, most Linux distros have this included on the live CD/DVD. Just be really, really careful you don't accidentally wipe your main OS HDD! http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Gparted
I have an old laptop with Linux Mint which I use for this kind of thing.
Error

Post by Error »

I have a dual boot system with Win7 and Ubuntu.
Whenever I have to resize I just boot into Ubuntu and use Gparted, much easier then booting from live dvd etc..

Tested yesterday night by renaming .img.tar to .img via 7zip (which I downloaded for the occasion since I mostly use Jzip) but to no luck. Still won't boot.
gegs wrote:
hawsey wrote:Dave that link isn't working for me , Error is correct , after extract it ends in .IMG.tar or something like that and if you re name it , it won't boot up
If you have 7-zip installed, right-click on the .img.tar file, choose 7-zip from the context menu and choose 'Extract here'. This will result in a properly unarchived .img file in the same location as your .img.tar file.

Will try this tonight!

@hawsey so eventually you got it working now if I understand correctly?

Maybe the topicstarter can change the topictitle? I hacked the thread, sorry for that. Or mods, please move it to Software I guess?
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Error wrote:I have a dual boot system with Win7 and Ubuntu.
Whenever I have to resize I just boot into Ubuntu and use Gparted, much easier then booting from live dvd etc..

Tested yesterday night by renaming .img.tar to .img via 7zip (which I downloaded for the occasion since I mostly use Jzip) but to no luck. Still won't boot.
gegs wrote:

Will try this tonight!

Maybe the topicstarter can change the topictitle? I hacked the thread, sorry for that. Or mods, please move it to Software I guess?
Just remember that the extracted file might not end in .img - see above
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Error wrote:I have a dual boot system with Win7 and Ubuntu.

gegs wrote:

Will try this tonight!

Yes @error I got it working but from the image I had already on my laptop from ages ago and not the one linked to above , have you got it working now error ?

@dwl99 can you remember which partitions to re size ? I think I will use gparted in Xubuntu to re size :-)
I think I broke a build before re sizing the wrong partitions .
Happy Joggling