Handset-RemoteControl-Ipod-for Joggler

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Handset-RemoteControl-Ipod-for Joggler

Post by ProfX_OpenFrame7 »

Hello Pete, and All people,

I request permission to create a new topic about Modding for Remote Control/Handset.
wonder (question) if anyone of you are interested in this idea of creating a device all-in-one, making modding other devices.

I like to include lots of photos and Handsets remotes this topic.
I found lots of interesting stuff, I believe that several forum members Joggler will enjoy.

My concern is that we may be able to buy or modify a device to act as Handset Dect.6, Remote Control, VideoPhone, Android Media Player with DLNA and Bluetooth (like ipod), IR Infrared, Skype, Keyboard, Android/Logitech Squeezeplay software and install them.

in short, an All-in-One Handset, and I've found some that have many of these functions, truly impressive.

I already bought on Ebay today the VideoPhone Vtech Doorbell with camera and 2 separate handsets.

I do not know anything about electronic circuits, but I have plans to study.
hugs,

ProfX. - Brasil.

LINKS:

http://www.vtechphones.com/products/product_detail/2341

http://www.slashgear.com/binatone-ihome ... s-0476664/

http://spritesmods.com/?art=vpx500&page=1

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles ... IP_Telefon

http://panasonic.net/pcc/products/sipph ... ation.html

http://www.decttelefoonshop.nl/product/ ... s820a.html

http://www.videoconferenciabh.com.br/in ... edia-phone

http://www.ovigaming.com/reviews/item/n ... review.php

http://camundongomovel.com.br/wp-conten ... 00i-00.jpg
pete

Re: Handset-RemoteControl-Ipod-for Joggler

Post by pete »

ProfX,

Skipping some steps here I have been able to register both the Verizon and Openpeak labeled DECT phones to the Joggler2 with is similiar to the Openframe 7 except smaller and with less flash MMC memory.

The OS on the Openpeak DECT phone resembles a bit the Grandstream DECT phone.

That said have a look at what I have posted about the Joggler2 with is the little brother of your Openframe 7 device.

Really easier to stay in the Openframe realm of things as it appears that all of the devices will talk to each other.

You don't need to purchase anything else to test.

Today installed a couple of softphone applications and Asterisk on the Joggler2 today. Next pieces are to connect to the DECT chip for telephony.

Have you been able to change the firmware on the Openframe DECT handset yet?
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ProfX_OpenFrame7

I understand this is a forum for and OpenPeak Joggler and that we must do everything to stay in this realm

however , not found everything I need in the realm of OpenPeak , and who can do my project and enjoy multimedia Joggler , need other sources , and is a convergence , something that joins, join parts , joins different things .

the format of the Handset common case , which is the Handset OpenPeak , Verizon , Grandstream , etc. , is not the format I want . And they do not have all the technology ( GPU , CPU , bluetooth , dlna , wireless , usb , camera , video streaming , large touchscreen display , IR Infrared )

My idea is that I have a control / handset that has a touchscreen , a keypad for telephony physical vertical , horizontal physical keyboard for typing keys like the ipod to multimedia , a camera .

I want him to access the internet with web browser, install it from the Logitech SqueezePlay app for remote control , to display streaming videos that play Handset of the Joggler and also the camera of the Joggler .

It would be easier to modify a Smartphone and put a chip DECT him for that? I do not know ....
you can turn on a Smartphone handset fixed ( home phone) that can be connected 24 hours 7 days a week ? I do not know ...

physical formats ( cases ) of the current smartphones do not please me , are not good , just found some old formats of Nokia that I like a lot, and they have some good things ( bluetooth , wireless , IR ) .

In particular , Nokia N93 , N93i , 5700 , 9500 . All these have a very good format .
would be better if I could modify these Nokia smartphones by placing the chip DECT and modify the battery power so they can stay connected 24 hours 7 days a week, maybe stay there solved the problem , as a prototype .

The questions that you turn to me : I did not tried anything on the Handset OpenFrame7 ( Orby ) , it is very simple , does not own or USB port . I've read a tutorial for Hanset Philips jailbreak by USB port, is the link of my previous post in this topic , and so I wonder how it can be done through a USB port , but no I did not imagine this port .

I've researched the web and saw that there Handsets made ​​by OpenPeak and Verizon that are better than the Orby , display the picture of the person making the phone call . But one handset that makes streaming video I still have not found just the Vtech videophones .

other details of the hardware are also important, as outputs for TV, HDMI, SD memory card, hig-quality audio ....

you , Pete , or someone looked at the links I posted before? See , things are very different design formats are very different from a common Handset . I would love to improve a Handset OpenPeak , but do not believe he can evolve much.

I am a fan of OpenPeak Joggler devices and also want to buy some joggler but OpenPeak stopped in time , then, if necessary, I will have to look for other sources .

other details of the hardware are also important, as outputs for TV, HDMI, SD memory card, hig-quality audio ....

what I'm doing right now is looking for the equipment they need and buying them, and then I will hire a technician in electronics to help me build this device.

I also plan to study some electronics before, and collecting tutorials unlock and remove devices on the web.

then I will study in a technical course in electronics and computer science.

I do not want to bother you people, you just do not have interest in my project so I 'm not going to insist on talking about it .

hugs,
ProfX.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

my project is bigger than Joggler is a project multimida and home automation that needs to be updated to provide the best experience.

I own 4 units Joggler (Openframe7) and I want to enjoy them to the maximum, and maybe buy 4 more units Joggler (not Orby), but I need more updated equipment.

I will use Joggler only as a low-cost option for some situations, for others, hope to appear more modern equipment for lower prices, as mentioned on this forum the AsusFonePad (not DECT).

I love Joggler, but that OpenPeak can not do, I need to look for other companies, other brands, and if this is an issue for this forum, so i will not be able to participate more here.

hugs,
ProfX.
pete

Post by pete »

Thank-you ProfX.

Understood ProfX. You are very enthusiastic.

The design of the Orby dates back to 2008. That said it was a bit ahead of it's time in 2008. Today it is not.

Personally what I am looking for here is to reverse engineer the original Orby such that you can do telephony with it.

That said though it is using older technology and there is a limit as to how much it can do.

The "feat" here is to figure out how to do this with no other devices; well not really. So far I have switched from using the 1-2 Gb internal MMC running the OS to a 16Gb SSD. That said if telephony ran fine with 1-2 Gb then there shouldn't be any reason why it won't run on the SSD card.

The Orby; lets call this the Joggler III has even more hardware than the Joggler II. Thing about the Orby and related Openpeak devices is that its difficult to open the case and the flash EFI boot is soldered in place. This alone is an issue where as if something happens to it you will brick your Orby. The good stuff about the Orby is that it appears to have provisions for a ZIF PATA port, Mini SD card and GSM SIM card.

In a recap; check out how easy it is to reflash the 2Gb in your orby. Today I am running just XBMC build on a device just like the Orby. It works pretty well. You can also reflash the base with a Squeezebox OS. Check that out too.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Hello Pete!
congratulations and thank you for such valuable information.

Joggler is still very powerful and useful, I know we can improve it and use it for a long time yet.

I am also excited about the possibility of upgrading the "tablet" Joggler-III, and I worry more to remove the speakers from the bottom of it to make him more like a slim 7'' tablet common, leaves it smaller. Is that possible?

these changes that you are making the Joggler hardware will help a lot in my plans, and we could dream more, adding HDMI ports, Infrared, for example, and more network ports RJ-45 like as the Almond +.

I would very much appreciate that you do tutorials.

the problem is that I do not know electronics and is very difficult to find someone to do this and very expensive in Brazil, so I have to learn and wait until you find someone to hire.

about my project remote-Handset, the problem is, that's what has to resort to other sources. But what I can take advantage of OpenPeak Joggler and to be economy and compatibility I want to take and accept suggestions and opinions. But not like this forum you guys are interested in my project, so I'm not going to talk about it.

'm not using a lot about Joggler now because teho not time for that, I'm letting saved in the box, but when I have time I will develop apps apps and hardware upgrade, with their tips in this forum.

I think I found Joggler-rev.IV China (Orby + numerical keys on the speaker).

hugs, :D
ProfX.
pete

Post by pete »

I am also excited about the possibility of upgrading the "tablet" Joggler-III, and I worry more to remove the speakers from the bottom of it to make him more like a slim 7'' tablet common, leaves it smaller. Is that possible?
No because the back piece is only one piece of plastic. You would have to cut it.

The above noted the Joggler II is like that. IE: a slim 7" tablet.

It is a telephony and Zbee energy device. It doesn't have a mini pcie slot though and only has 1Gb of mmc flash.
these changes that you are making the Joggler hardware will help a lot in my plans, and we could dream more, adding HDMI ports, Infrared, for example, and more network ports RJ-45 like as the Almond +.
Maybe on the HDMI ports? Easy for more network ports. Easy for Infrared. The Almond + will be a different machine altogether.
- Pete

Auto mater