Openpeak Openframe 7 Telco Hub DECT use mods

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
pete

Openpeak Openframe 7 Telco Hub DECT use mods

Post by pete »

Started a new thread here only related to the OS modification / replacement of the Openframe 7 telco DECT hub.

I am writing what I think or know of the history of these devices. Please let me know if I have made a mistake here relating to the what and where.

These were being sold in the EU, South America and appears to be only tested for use in the US.

Verizon did do another totally separate Openpeak phone hub deployment using a differently designed and constructed DECT phone hub touchscreen using an ARM CPU. These were only recently discontinued. It did have a resistive screen and a cradle for the DECT phone.

The telephone hub never really appeared to be sold here in the US but it appears that Ayaya did market it for the hotel industry with much fanfare but never implemented or deployed it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Re: Openpeak Openframe 7 Telco Hub DECT use mods

Post by ProfX_OpenFrame7 »

My device is "Openframe 7" (Orby in Brazil) the model with the speakers in the front.
PICTURES:
http://www.meuorby.com.br/
http://www.vonex.com.br/nexus_para_voce/orby.php

Last edited by ProfX_OpenFrame7 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

MANUFACTURING MODE (Portuguese language):

bom galera, como eu falei antes... nao sei exatamente como fiz isso... tentei muitas sequencias mas nao cheguei a uma conclusão... sei apenas que insistindo nas teclas # e * acaba funcionando...... as vezes demora, mas consegui muitas vezes. para ao menos mostrar o resultado postei um video na web..

below, follow the link in Manufacturing Mode Handset, a friend of Brazil.
he does not know how to explain the steps cosegui do.

you guys were able to access the Manufacturing Mode too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXTjTNk1 ... e=youtu.be

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXTjTNk1 ... e=youtu.be"

IDEAS:
enter in this Manufacturing Mode, and enter in each "Setting":
- DECT Setting
- Enter Burn Test
- Current Setting
- Set Mode (EUROPE)
- Set Mode (BRAZIL)
- Set Default
- Manufacturing Tests

Please write to us and what is written, if possible take pictures of each screen, and record a video too, with a summary, or possible to do. This can be the key to change the Operator and use Voip.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Someone has the SDK and Emulator Development Kit Original Development for Windows?

In Brazil the company offered these features for developers, but now can not find.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

See if these work, if help (vejam se funciona, se ajuda):

JAMIE HOYLE - ICS Device Config for the OpenPeak 7E--site GITHUB---REPOSITÓRIO downloads--
https://github.com/jamiehoyle/7e-device-config

BLUEVIA--REPOSITORIO-GITHUB-dowloads--
https://github.com/BlueVia?tab=repositories

BLUEVIA--SITE OFICIAL--REGISTER DEVELOPER
http://www.o2litmus.co.uk/en/page/tech.APIs
ProfX_OpenFrame7

POSSIBILITIES:
1-Hacking, access by DECT hacking software
2- Manufacturing Mode setting of Joggler, SDK Kit Development, Firmwares originals
3-Send email to OpenPeak, Developers of Support, BlueVia, etc, and try to get Info Codes to access to change the operator, access to DECT, and change the operating system an tod do DECT work.
4-Welding-install a chip, module, or whatever DECT to VOIP on the board of the parent Joggler (Orby)

CONSIDERATION:
I think the system operacioanal OS original of Joggler, CHIP DECT VOIP works, is properly installed but locked to only one Company operator already provides not more service (in Brazil). However, it is recognized by the OS Operating System. And maybe there is the key to this work is how to achieve this recognition. If you fail, you may need to leave the original OS, and only able to change the config. Operator, as one does when buying a Modem3G any operator and want to use with another. I've done that.
The ideal is to be able to change the OS, but perhaps at first be necessary to leave the original OS to use VOIP. So, try to make improvements in this OS without swap it totally other. Also, the possibility of DUAL-BOOT, have more than 1SO installed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PORTUGUESE ORIGINAL TEXT
POSSIBILIDADES:
1-Hacking, acessar o DECT por hacking de software
2-Enviar email pra OpenPeak, BlueVia, etc, e tentar conseguir acesso pra mudar a Operadora, acesso ao DECT, e mudar o sistema operacional com o DECT funcionando
3-Soldar-instalar uma placa DECT ou qualquer que seja pra VOIP na placa-mae do ORBY

CONSIDERAÇÃO:
Acho que no sistema operacioanal original do ORBY que já vem nele, o CHIP DECT VOIP funciona, está devidamente instalado, mas bloqueado só pra aquela operadora que já nao presta mais o serviço. Porém, está reconhecido pelo SO Sistema Operacional. E talvez aí esta a chave pra se trabalhar em conseguir saber como é esse reconhecimento. Se fracassar, talvez seja necessário deixar o SO original, e apenas conseguir mudar a config. Operadora, como se faz quando compra um Modem3G de alguma operadora e quer usar com outra. Eu já fiz isso.
O ideal é poder mudar o SO, mas talvez de início, seja preciso deixar o SO original pra usar o VOIP. E aí, tentar fazer melhorias nesse SO sem trocá-lo totalmente por outro. Também, possibilidade de DUAL-BOOT, ter mais de 1SO instalado.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

I want to make it like a LOGITECH Squeezebox Duet:
Eu quero fazer com ele tipo um LOGITECH Duet Squeezebox:

"http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/ ... uet_58.jpg"
http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/ ... uet_58.jpg
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Logitech Squeezebox Touch:

Logitech Squeezebox Radio:

Logiteh Remote Control

Controle Remoto Universal Logitech Harmony 1000

Harmony® One Advanced Universal Remote
Last edited by ProfX_OpenFrame7 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

ProfX_OpenFrame7

I want to make it like a LOGITECH Squeezebox Duet:
"http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/ ... uet_58.jpg"

upload videos and music from the tablet to the Handset using Handset as an IPOD to see the videos, hear the songs on the Handset.

The Logitech Duet, Logitech Squeezebox and others do it, but does not come with a tablet and Handset (ipod).

would also like to use the Handset as a remote control android tablet and even television set.

may seem strange to some people, but I like having a remote control for tablets and smartphones, especially a remote control that has a lcd / led that shows the videos and who has keys numbers / letters.

just missed having the Handset's keys Joggler-controls like the iPod and Squeezebox for multimedia.

so, I think one day replace the Handset Handset Joggler by another possessing these characteristics hybrid VoIP Handset, Multimída Squeezebox Remote Control and Remote Control TV. Even for that I need to disassemble various controls and put the pieces of them into one.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

SKYPE PROJECT:

"http://wanna-be-geek.blogspot.com.br/20 ... oject.html"
http://wanna-be-geek.blogspot.com.br/20 ... oject.html
http://www.mhspot.com/sts/siptosis.html

Technology Addiction of WannaBeGeek!

The Projects, The Mishaps, The Ramblings of Wanna-Be-Geek!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Skype/VOIP Gizmo Modded Phone Project!
So I was thinking that Skype has been working out pretty good and I was toying with the idea of making it my default phone service. The only problem...how do I get all my phones to use it without loosing any of my other services.
pete

Post by pete »

Yes. I understand.

I have been able to connect/pair the Openpeak DECT phone my Ooma VOIP telephone hub. It only though answers and connects fine. I cannot utilize any of the functions though. (dial out etc).

I do think that Skype is possible and probably the simplest once the DECT comm works.

Squeezeplayer is already being utilized on the O2 Joggler and it works well.

I just utilize Skype here as another phone service. IE: I kept a regular copper line and have multiple VOIP lines here today. (including Google Voice).

Can you telnet / SSH to your Orby? There is a subdirectory and tools there just for DECT stuff. I haven't looked at it in a while though.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Hi, Pete

my priority is to connect and use the DECT and VOIP phone calls, habliitar chip DECT base / tablet.

and also try to change the settings Comanhia Telefonica unique to any other.

I posted here but also other ideas to try to use VOIP via Skype, and try to adapt plug on the motherboard, a new chip DECT if it all goes wrong or if it is easy cheap.

one thing I really want to do is try to adapt the Handset as a remote Squeezebox, even if you need hardware modifications, even if I have to buy another Logitech remote and dismantle them.

like I said, I wanted to post my ideas and see what people think, but do not want disvirtuar the focus of this topic on enabling the chip DECT and VoIP telephony.

hug.
------------------------------------------------------
Hi, Pete

minha prioridade é sim conectar DECT e utilizar o VOIP e as chamadas telefonicas, habliitar o chip DECT da base/tablet.

e também tentar mudar as configurações de Comanhia Telefonica original para outra qualquer.

mas eu postei aqui também outras idéias de tentar utilizar o VOIP via Skype, e tentar adaptar, plugar na placa-mãe, um novo chip DECT se tudo der errado ou se for fácil barato.

uma coisa que eu quero muito fazer é tentar adaptar o Handset como um controle remoto do Squeezebox, mesmo que precise de modificações de hardware, mesmo que eu precise comprar um outro controle remoto Logitech e desmontar eles.

como eu disse, eu queria postar minhas idéias e ver o que o pessoal acha, mas nao quero disvirtuar o foco deste tópico sobre habilitar o chip DECT para voip e telefonia.

abraço.
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Pete,

Orby my Joggler not yet arrived, I bought a few days ago and are in the carrier.

my other friends already have and other friends will also receive their purchases this week.

can you post a tutorial on how to make use regular telephone lines and how to use your Skype voip?

voce ou alguém já conseguiu entrar nesse menu Factory Settings?

where is this Subdirectory tools na there just for DECT stuff??

FORUM "HARDMOB" IN BRAZIL (Joggler - Orby):- [ClubeMOB] Orby VOIP Telefone Clube de Desenvolvedores:

http://www.hardmob.com.br/internet-rede ... dores.html

"http://www.hardmob.com.br/internet-rede ... dores.html"
pete

Post by pete »

I have only taken apart the Openframe 7 boxes and tested out currently utilized OS's that were utilized for the Joggler; IE: PnP3, Squeezebox OS, XBMC OS, Android OS and XP OS.

Relating to the XP OS I did update the flash boot with a coreboot/seabios - see XP threads.

I am using some 15 of the O2 Jogglers in various states of OS today. I am using only one Openframe7 today testing XBMC and XP on it. I do have two Openframe 7 / 2.0 boxes totally taken apart and these are taped together somewhat. One the case is intact and the other one I butchered at my initial attempts to open it. It was a $5 USD purchase of a non working Openframe 7 that just needed a fuse.

The last one though I opened appears to have been maybe an O2 OS beta test box motherboard as the board appears to be hand modified somewhat and doesn't have any DECT or Zigbee stuff on it. This one I am saving and not doing anything with considering it today a sort of museum piece.

I have not done anything else lately as I have been playing with other automation stuff.

I just really documented what I played with relating to the hardware and software.

Did a "Joggler" pause of sorts and have been playing with other stuff lately.

In the "Joggler" pause state though I am really using the Jogglers instead of playing with them; if that makes any sense?

I am currently helping test some new software interface for a couple of embedded automation boxes; really different stuff and very interesting.

I am also upgrading my CCTV system to all IP HD cameras (16 cameras) and going slow these days. (I am old)

tschak has currently implemented Linux MCE on his Joggler and is looking to integrate the DECT phone stuff; I am guessing at this.

http://linuxmce.org/

Note that this is a replacement OS versus a modification of the existing built in Openpeak flash based OS's. It will / does provide a different features set than the original O2 Joggler flash based OS.

So far we are only writing / talking about including the addition hardware seen on the Openframe 7 / 2.0. Other than yourself in Brazil and a few other folks out there in Internetlandia; there are not too many folks that have Openframe 7's that would even consider modfications. In fact most folks that were testing the energy devices probably have thrown them out. Same goes for the testing of the DECT telephone hubs that did occur here in the US. Many out there today are considered just disfunctional bricks at this time after being shut down.

Note too that the Openpeak Verizon telephone hub was not intel based and not really similiar in design to the Openframe 2.0 / 7. Similiar but different flash based Arm OS with very limited memory and running on an 800Mhz cpu. I have one of these and basically they are bricks difficult to modify. The common piece though was the DECT Openpeak Verizon phone which is almost identical or is identical to the Orby DECT phone. These also today can be found for some $5 or so brand new.

As this site is the "go to" forum for Jogglers and other Openpeak hardware; it would be nice to keep anything related to updating the Jogglers / Openpeak devices here on the forum as this forum is dedicated to the Openpeak O2 Jogglers.
- Pete

Auto mater
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Dear PETE_C

excuse me if I did mess pollution this topic. I can not express myself very well in English and I am also confused about this Forum and on the knowledge of the intended users. Can I delete my messages that are bothering you and you can ask pro Administrator Forum Moderator also delete. Please tell me if I should delete.

I have first mission to operate the CHIP DECT VOIP and conventional wireline connections, changing the Operator Company Telefonica original configurations. And make this driver chip DECT operate at multiple OS Android Operating systems, Linux, Windows. I thought this topic would be for this, please explain.

I posted other things, pictures of Logitech because I thought it would motivate, inspire, and because I can not post topics forums in many places, very tiring, I'm confused.

My second task is to try to use the Handset as a control Logitech Duet, even if I have to buy some other Remote or Logitech Duet and make hardware modifications.

I still do not know anything about electronics technician, I'm only Advanced User computer and understand some Visual Basic / Microsfot Access, but I want to take a course and learn technical.

my health is not good and I'm poor. In Brazil Orby Joggler these devices are expensive, very expensive, but there was a good sale price and I bought 4unidades, and other users of forum hardMOB also purchased, and we have put together to try to enjoy this product.

I think of importing some Joggler U.S. or England to Brazil, but still do not know how to do this. I want to use Joggler to learn electronics and to automate my future home and office.

hug, ProFX.
tschak

Post by tschak »

pete_c wrote: tschak has currently implemented Linux MCE on his Joggler and is looking to integrate the DECT phone stuff; I am guessing at this.

http://linuxmce.org/

Note that this is a replacement OS versus a modification of the existing built in Openpeak flash based OS's. It will / does provide a different features set than the original O2 Joggler flash based OS.
I want to explain this a bit, LinuxMCE is not running on the Joggler. Only the our Orbiter control software is running on the Joggler. There is also a SqueezeSlave running on the Joggler which provides an audio zone that LinuxMCE can talk to. We can also run our SimplePhone on the device, and with an attached USB microphone like the Phoenix Solo USB conference mic, it becomes a phone extension in the house.

You can not run LinuxMCE entirely on the Joggler, it is far too large, and you must have a dedicated server (or living room PC) running to manage the system (what we call either a core or a hybrid). But what you get in return, is a smart home platform unlike anything else on this planet, no duct tape, no tinker toy architecture, no hacks, a real industrial strength smart home platform.

-Thom
ProfX_OpenFrame7

hope that helps, is "Portuguese of Brazil":
tutorial of the Company "TECTOTAL" TO SUPPORT Joggler (Orby)
REGISTER (LINK) The HANDSET IN BASE TABLET.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd7vcjodem63p ... t-pic1.JPG
"https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd7vcjodem63p ... t-pic1.JPG"
Last edited by ProfX_OpenFrame7 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
pete

Post by pete »

ProFX,

I am envious of your enthusism regarding the Openframe 7 devices.

You did not pollute the forum thread.

I am looking forward to seeing where this thread goes.
- Pete

Auto mater
ProfX_OpenFrame7

Pete_C,

you could see this picture?:

you can understand the Portuguese text in this picture (image) in link??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd7vcjodem63p ... t-pic1.JPG
"https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd7vcjodem63p ... t-pic1.JPG"

I do not have time to translate it yet, but she does Handset connect, work with Tablet (base)

and other colleagues hardMOB Forum are trying to figure out how to change the configuration of the Server Operator Company Telefonica making VOIP.

colleagues from hardMOB are progressing ....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

voce conseguiu ver esta imagem picture??:
voce consegue compreender o texto em Portuguese dessa imagem ???
eu nao tive tempo de traduzir ainda, mas ela faz o Handset conectar, trabalhar com o Tablet (base)
e outros colegas do Hardmob Forum estão tentando descobrir como alterar a configuração da Server Companhia Operadora Telefonica que faz a VOIP.
os colegas do HardMob estão progredindo....