SD to HD camera upgrades

Discussion for non Joggler hardware / software including software for devices that share similarities with the O2 Joggler Hardware. This section has been opened for discussion of things like the settings up the EMGD drivers on other hardware using Ubuntu, as discussion of this has been banned at the official Ubuntu Forums.
pete

SD to HD camera upgrades

Post by pete »

Moving my "rant" here. I have been upgrading all of my outdoor SD analog cams to HD cams.

I am trying an experiment here though. I have these older (in boxes still) Speco Dome cameras and modifying them with newer Grandstream based IP camera boards. There is a world of difference relating to using HD versus SD outside.

Its more of a DIY and now costing me more than purchasing an IP67 outdoor HD dome in time now.

The direction here though is to upgrade my outdoor combo Optex analog cameras to HD IP cameras; easy to do these days as the IP camera boards are tiny.
Attachments
MB-Cam-1a.jpg
Pic-1.jpg
Comparison-day-2.jpg
MB-Dome.jpg
ModToIP.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater