2012 Fall Tour

Non Joggler related discussion.
pete

2012 Fall Tour

Post by pete »

This year's automobile club fall tour included a visit to the Gilmore Car Museum in Michigan.

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/

Car pictured in combo picture on the top left is a 1937 Railton Hudson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railton_(car)
Attachments
combo-2.jpg
X3-1.jpg
beach-1.jpg
Railton Hudson1.jpg
combo-1.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Re: 2012 Fall Tour

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Have just returned home having wasted most of my day so far running around doing my least favorite things to find these little beauties. I've fallen in love at first sight with the little sporty black one (top right of combo picture). Works of art...
gegs

Post by gegs »

Thanks Pete. I never tire of looking at lovely cars, or lovely machines of any kind for that matter. It's a guy thing I suppose.

I'd like the red GTO for Christmas but, strangely enough, my most desirable car is something a lot more humble; the Fiat 500 Giardiniera.

And here's a lovely fan page from an American perspective: http://californiaclassix.com/archive/62 ... _c124.html

**EDIT - What looks like a fan page reads like a classic car dealer's sales pitch. Still a great page though with loads of photos.
Last edited by gegs on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Gegs, aah, it's a little cutie - perfect for noddy's wife to do the school run. :) and i say that with affection not with a sneer!
pete

Post by pete »

Neat car Gegs

In the middle 1960's the neighbors' teenager had a little Fiat and took to driving us to primary school for a bit.

It was very small but carried 4-5 of us to school a couple of blocks away. (maybe 1/4 of a Km or so). I have to look for a picture of it.

One day many years ago I went to a party at a home in the middle of a small forest. I was driving the Triumph Spitfirew that night. I don't recall all of the details; but do remember when leaving sometime in the wee hours of the morning I couldn't find my car. I looked and looked and did eventually find it near the house in the forest. It was "placed" between two trees with trunks about 1/2-1/3 the width of the car. That said though I didn't leave the house where the party was at until the next afternoon.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
gegs

Post by gegs »

pete_c wrote:..(maybe 1/4 of a Km or so)...
No need to do the conversion Pete. Although the UK is part of the European Union our road signs are still resolutely marked in miles.* :) Apart from that, why would anyone need driven 1/4 km? I could walk that in the time it would take me to start my car in the cold weather. I guess the USA isn't very pedestrian friendly.

*Apologies to our members who are more familiar with kilometres; I realise this means you'd have to do the conversion. :(
pete

Post by pete »

Yes; walked to the school every day via two blocks of sidewalks. That said the Fiat was a new toy for the neighbors son ....and the only one in our neighborhood. Later they bought him a Z-28 Camaro. That said he took it apart in its entirety and put it back together again.

Today he lives in California; retired but still owns a multimillion dollar software company he started in the 1980's....with offices on the West coast and in London...
- Pete

Auto mater