Jogglers that aren't Jogglers

Non Joggler related discussion.
roobarb!

Jogglers that aren't Jogglers

Post by roobarb! »

As I'm sure we all know, OpenPeak make more devices than just O2's Joggler. However, because most of their kit is rebranded it can disappear into the white noise of gadgets. Here are a couple I have bumped into; how many can you spot out there!

Telefonica Orby

This one sold in Brazil and is based on the same OpenFrame 7 hardware as the Joggler. If you've ever opened up your Joggler, you'll see a square of solder on the processor side of the board, inside of which is an unpopulated BGA area where something should go. The Orby has what should be there; a DECT chip for talking to wireless handsets.
telefonica orby 1.jpeg
telefonica orby 2.jpeg
telefonica orby 3.jpeg
Telio Touch

This is sold in China, although I believe the Joggler may also be sold there (as a lot of good Joggler dev work has come out of the Chinese forums). I've had it confirmed from one user that Squeezeplay works on this device too!
telio touch.jpg
It's based on the OpenFrame 7E, which has bigger speakers mounted in the extended area under the screen.

So, have you spotted any more? :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Magnets

Re: Jogglers that aren't Jogglers

Post by Magnets »

I read this article a while ago, but I can't find much else, looks like BT were/are interested in some sort of home tablet.

CES 2009
Article from may 2010
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Another one!

Verizon Hub

I accidentally found Wayzen Lin in a Google search, who (according to his LinkedIn profile) was architect of the OpenFrame 1.0 line, including the O2 Joggler, Telefonica Orby and this thing called the Verizon Hub.
Verizon Hub 2 800.jpg
Verizon Hub 3 800.jpg
Verizon Hub 4 400.jpg
Verizon Hub 4 400.jpg (37.13 KiB) Viewed 11881 times
There's no doubt looking at the back that it's an OpenPeak product, but it doesn't look as classy as the Joggler or Orby (or any of their new stuff). Style department were out to lunch. ;)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Magnets wrote:I read this article a while ago, but I can't find much else, looks like BT were/are interested in some sort of home tablet.

CES 2009
Article from may 2010
There's even a little Joggler-cousin there with an Intel Atom sticker on it. :)
dave

Post by dave »

Am guessing it is not possible to add the DECT chip to O2 Joggler.

Would be an excellent VOIP device if one of those handsets could be attached.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

I would say that while not impossible, it would be very, very difficult. You'd need to add all of the missing SMD resistors, caps and other stuff as well as just the chip. Much easier to get a snazzy router with DECT built-in (or find an Orby!).
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

Not an OpenPeak device, but might still be of interest:
http://www.itvt.com/story/4760/pccw-use ... rvice-home

These seemed to be quite prominent in the PCCW/Now TV shops in Hong Kong when I was there in October.

More info: http://www.pccweye.com/eye2Main/
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

got this link from a mate in .au

http://www.telstra.com.au/homephone/phones/thub.html

looks jogglerish
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Telefonica Orby
Telefonica Orby
One more picture of the Telefonica Orby I found while clearing out my Dropbox. Because this isn't an official glossy marketing picture you can get a better sense of how identical it is to the Joggler. The matching 'mini Joggler' telephone stand is very nice.

Wish I could get my hands on one. :)