Happy Birthday Speccy

Non Joggler related discussion.
hawsey

Happy Birthday Speccy

Post by hawsey »

Just clicked on Google and they have a ZX Spectrum theme today for the Speccy's 30th bday lol

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... sfeed=true

Clive Sinclair , a true eccentric innovater who pitched this little rubber keyed beauty against the might of the BBC in the 1980s and came up trumps .
:D
Happy Joggling
lamb.chop

Re: Happy Birthday Speccy

Post by lamb.chop »

Hippy Burpday rubbery friend.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

some demos needed

hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Great stuff Buzz
I have a really cool speccy Nintendo DS emulator on an R4 card , it even does the tape loading bit and you can customise lots of settings on it.
It plays a mean Jet Set Willy and 3d ant attack lol.
Happy Joggling
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Gee whizz ! 30 years ! Time to get myself a new computer - Netscape for ZX Spectrum is not that fast, but also there not many security issues ! ;-)

I remember saving up my pocket money and paper round money - total £4 a week - for however many weeks to get a Speccy 48, and that wasn't till '83, as I'd bought a VIC=20 in '82 !

It was the 16K spectrum that was released first, then the 48K was in something like September ?

The first Spectrum games were pretty dismal. I remember playing Horace goes Skiing ! I think it was when Jet Pac for the 16K and Manic Miner for the 48K came a long that things started to get better. I really liked the Imagine games - more so for the VIC=20 (particularly Arcadia - actually most of the games written by the guy called Eugene) - Arcadia was on the Spectrum too. The Hobbit seemed to get a lot of people interested, but didn't do anything for me. One game my mate really liked was Chukkie Egg (Robotron copy), but that was because he could play it for days and not lose a life. I could do this in Defender on the Atari VCS but after 8 hours it gets very painful with those classic joysticks...

I saw somewhere that it is possible to get a USB keyboard that looks just like a Spectrum !

Also recently was the sad news about Commodore founder Jack Tramiel passing away. I loved Commodore stuff. First computer I got to use was a classic PET in '77. Then bought a VIC=20, CBM64, Plus4 and Amiga 1000? (cheapest ones in '88). Never knew his early life story - in fact I only heard of him when one of my mates was going on about how good the Atari ST was.

Through all the Jack Tramiel news, the Commodore OS project was mentioned :

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_OS_Vision.aspx

Would be cool to get this running on a Joggler.

Actually, the Joggler would be pretty cool for running retro micro stuff on. Yes - can get back into Uridium and Suicide Express. And Sabre Wulf, which for some unusual reason I stayed with and actually finished the game.

Anyone wanna meet up to swap some games on tape... ? I've got some well cool demos too. ;)