Coughs and sneezes spread diseases.

Non Joggler related discussion.
roobarb!

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases.

Post by roobarb! »

Stay safe out there, you Jogglers. Hope you're all doing okay.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Re: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases.

Post by hawsey »

Crazy up here , all the National parks were busy and the little Country Towns like Rothbury and Wooler . I see total lockdown this week , there is no other way . Last night 2 parties in my street !!
Today 760 dead in Italy and we are two weeks behind with an almost identical trajectory .
Stay safe folk , stay indoors as much as you possibly can and wash your hands like Macbeth .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Hello fellow Jogglers,

Stay safe folks.

All is well for us near Chicago. On lock down at this time.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

pete wrote:Hello fellow Jogglers,

Stay safe folks.

All is well for us near Chicago. On lock down at this time.
We are in first day of lockdown Pete stay indoors if you can take care .
Best wishes to all the family .
Gary .

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

How's it going out there in the UK.

Grocery stores here are open with precautions. Shelves are stocked these days as it appears that the hoarders have quit hoarding.

1 - counting folks coming in to the store and leaving the store
2 - cleaning shopping carts for those coming in to the store
3 - wearing masks which shopping.

This is in Chicago suburbia. We went in to the City Saturday for shopping and noticed that none of the above rules were followed or enforced except for the mask thing.

The media paints a bleak picture.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

The latest thing in the UK is whether the government is being accidentally or deliberately vague and confusing. Though preparation was clearly close to zero, they at least had a line and stuck to it, to reasonable effect, for a while. Now it's "stay alert" instead of "stay at home", with green highlighting on publicity materials instead of red, suggesting their "back to work, people" message is a-ok.

In the meantime it sounds a similar affair, though face masks aren't being pushed here at the moment. Comical 2m separation zones in mini-supermarkets with aisles less than 2m wide. We can apparently travel wherever we want in England now, except anywhere you'd want to travel to is telling you to stay away. And particularly weird - we've had nearly 7 weeks of absolutely crystal-clear blue skies in Manchester. I could count the cloudy days on two hands. Whole weeks with barely a passing cumulus! Something's going on. :lol:

While looking at the sky, not much in the way of planes to see.

dump1090-localhost-aircraft-180d.png
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Post by pete »

My sister and brother in law have been stuck in FL now since after Christmas. They finally drove back here for an elective surgery which is difficult these days.

Both of my children were fired on a Friday from their company then rehired the next Monday due to willy nilly management (well family run and family management) for a company that has around 300 employees.

I think the confustion was / is related to being able to verify the virus and assuming everybody that got sick got sick or died due to the virus.
- Pete

Auto mater
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

It's been so long, things are starting to look like the way they were before the virus, but then again its hard to remember what it was like back then anyway.