Anyone experienced in generic android tablets?

Non Joggler related discussion.
Mevi

Re: Anyone experienced in generic android tablets?

Post by Mevi »

Dan, I use my iPad for music and got an Alesis iodock for recording.... That's gotta go back as plugging in a mic lead results in a buzz. A known problem on the forums. Grrrr.

I picked my iPad up cheap on a 3G contract, but the current price is still similar to other premium tablets.... Plus android seems unsuited for music apps as I think you've found already.
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP
Colincliff

Post by Colincliff »

Anyone know of a good source currently for the Vega tablets? Am looking to get one for my father, preferably with a 6 month warranty.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

They pop up on the Currys/PC world Ebay outlet for 117GBP all the time, just keep hitting this link http://stores.ebay.co.uk/currys-pc-worl ... &submit=GO
Colincliff

Post by Colincliff »

thanks dwl99

I need to get one in the next week so hopefully they will appear, otherwise i'll have to go with another eBay seller which wouldn't be ideal.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

hawsey wrote:Well quite unexpectedly we, (good lady and myself) decided to get our two and a half year old an Android tablet after experiments with Android on the Joggler which he loved :D
I was on the case so to speak and pretty quickly decided on an Scroll Excell 7" 3D HD etc , it arrived super quick from the BT store and it has amazed me how quick he can quit an app and begin playing on another before i have even realised !!
There seems to be a bit of a community going on out there and ICS ROMs available , but unless something goes wrong i will be leaving it as it is ;don't want to face the Wife and the son after a botched upgrade attempt :lol: .
I ordered a mini HDMI cable £2.90, silicon case for a Kindle fire (hope it fits ) and a 32Gb card .
The cable arrived super quick and i was dead pleased with myself , apps on 46" TV , HD movies etc , little on and myself summoned Mammy to the living room to do a demo , Mammy was not happy " i thought the idea was everything would be on a little screen , no cables !!!!"
They just don't understand .................. ;) .
Looks pretty good up to now .
Well the Scroll is going back after a not so nice multi email spat with the online retailer!! It has a dead pixel ..
Will probably just order another one from another retailer once i get a refund :didn`t opt for a refund as i noticed they have all ready released an upgraded model with ICS and 8gb ram 1.2 ghz chip .
Ho Hum
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

The ICS Scroll excel arrived from ebuyer this time ,ordered at 1pm Tuesday ,arrived Wednesday very impressed so far .
One thing I have noticed though is that some apps I.e bbc news won't auto horizontal !
I thought the ones on Joggler android that wouldn't do this were just due to the x86 image we are using .
Happy Joggling