my obsession with tiny gadgets

Non Joggler related discussion.
danfoshizzle

Re: my obsession with tiny gadgets

Post by danfoshizzle »

Yeah the eee is still on my wishlist!
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

danfoshizzle wrote:
X-mini max speaker:

This is another gadget on my daily use list, sound is impressive for something so small, It even handles drum'n'bass so I have no complaints about it.
Reviving yet another old thread here but I got one almost identical to these for xmas and it's brilliant. I use it on my iphone and my bedroom joggler. I'm no audiophile but this is perfect for my simple and portable needs. Who knew something so tiny and cute could provide a decent sound. Thanks for the recommendation!
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Ok I'm in the group :D
Don't forget for example: Nokia N800 (I sold my N900), Openmoko GTA02, OQO 01+, a lot of stuff I'm going to sell.. I'm sorry to leave all these devices in a drawer and never use them :(
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

My first obsession with gadgets started with one of these Ataris when I was about 7 a friend got one and I was hooked, couldn't wait to go around his house for a game of space invaders.
Never did get one myself (one day lol)but shortly afterwards got a ZX81 and loved that thing :-)
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1358085149362.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358084660272.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358084660272.jpg (15.96 KiB) Viewed 7915 times
Happy Joggling
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

hawsey wrote:My first obsession with gadgets started with one of these Ataris when I was about 7 a friend got one and I was hooked, couldn't wait to go around his house for a game of space invaders.
Never did get one myself ...
Still have a fully working sega mastersystem with space invaders on it (not quite the traditional one you loved) but if we ever decide to part with it, hawsey, I'll give you first dibs! ;)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ha ha cheers m8 :-) someone was selling a 2600 wood which is what the Atari in the pic is called at my wife's work just before Christmas but I was pipped at the post.
I have plans to board out the loft and have all my retired gadgets resurrected one day tho.....
Happy Joggling
Mevi

Post by Mevi »

I have Sinclair regret... I had a Speccy 48K+, the one with the proper keyboard. I swapped it for a CB radio. WTF was I thinking?

In amongst the detritus I have packed away is a Nintento SNES, which I really should have brought with me to my dad's house to keep me entertained. It's modded to play US & Japanese games with a slot adapter and a switch on the back to output a PAL signal with foreign games. I used to be pretty awesome at Mario Kart.
I've Got The Moves Like Joggler

Windows XP Professional SP3 plus Tablet PC for O2 Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=305

How to build your own Windows XP for the Joggler
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/WindowsXP
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Haha I remember the great war between Sinclair and Commodore users... years later was between Amiga and Atari users :D
I think most of you are in the UK so the great ZX is very familiar (and I say that with my absolute respect for it, I had it too!!!)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

I was an Acorn user; I'm not sure there was ever a direct clash between one other platform - it was pretty much RISC OS against the world! ;)

It runs like a rocket on the Raspberry Pi. Just a shame I can't find anything I want to run on it... Except for Stunt Racer 2000. That was an awesome game.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Wow, times ago I tryed to find a Archimedes, but here in Italy it's hard! That was a great computer!!!
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

...aaaannd back on topic with tiny gadgets is my usb mini mouse. It's tiny so takes up hardly any space and has a retractable lead (which winds round the inside of the circular bit just below the usb end) so no messy cables. It's attached to my kitchen joggler which runs xbmc os and I use this dinky little love all the time. I'm so taken with it I've been meaning to buy another.
Attachments
mouse.JPG
mouse.JPG (17.29 KiB) Viewed 7862 times
gegs

Post by gegs »

I use a cheap bluetooth mouse that works brilliantly with BuZz's distros. I haven't tried it with the new XBMC OS.