The Chumby's back...

Non Joggler related discussion.
gegs

The Chumby's back...

Post by gegs »

pete

Re: The Chumby's back...

Post by pete »

Here have a few small / large ones which have been totally modded to run Linux (well as much as I could do with them). Mostly just replaced the original SD boot card and redid them that way. It was plug n play.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Given that they have processors substanitally less powrful than the Joggler, what would you say is the attraction of the Chumby?
pete

Post by pete »

Personally here just liked the style of the Chumby. It was the first touchscreen I ever modded such that I am a bit sentimental about.

I also here connected a Mimo USB monitor to a Seagate Dockstar and ran Linux on it just fine.

It is much slower than the Joggler and cheaper built.

I guess the attraction is that its still being supported. I put one in a friend's dental office.

She just uses it to play music and its never quit and works fine these days.

Today the Joggler and Openframe's outnumber the Chumby's here by a large margin. They are in every room of the house (literally).
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater