Amiga Andy Warhol discoveries

Non Joggler related discussion.
hawsey

Amiga Andy Warhol discoveries

Post by hawsey »

Whether you like the art or not , an interesting story :-)

Warhol works found on Amiga disks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27141201
Happy Joggling
gegs

Re: Amiga Andy Warhol discoveries

Post by gegs »

Thanks for sharing. A great story but I'm surprised that they had such difficulty reading the data. There must be Amiga geeks with hardware at the back of their garage that could read them.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

pete

Post by pete »

Neato stuff there.

The Amiga was one of my favorite computers. I do still have one somewhere. Modded to fit in a large tower case. I think it had multiple SCSI drives in it along with some memory boards.

Relating to the C64 and sometime in the 80's I would have a once a month C64 meeting. It was sort of a club of sorts. We would talk about the Commodore 64, drink wine and eat cheese. I was the youngest of the bunch of a number of older folks. They were teachers at the University of Chicago and Northwestern and using the Commodore 64 for this or that. One of them was an Astronomer from Northwestern that I helped a bit to write some database. I did keep in touch with him past his retirement some until he passed away. I wonder what happened to that C64 database.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater