Squeezeplay question

Non Joggler related discussion.
dwl99

Squeezeplay question

Post by dwl99 »

I'm counting on the fact that there are lots of Squeezeplay experts on this forum! I've come across a problem I just cannot get my head round. I have LMS v7.7.1 running on my Zyxel NAS and LMS v7.7.3 on my WD MyBookLive NAS. I have the Joggler running Squeezeplay and also my Galaxy Tab3 on Squeezeplay. The problem relates to my installed mysqueezebox.com apps not showing up when the Joggler Squeezeplay is connected to the WD MyBookLive NAS LMS. If the Joggler connects to the Zyxel NAS the apps are all displayed. If my Tab3 connects to the WD MyBookLive NAS the apps are also displayed. The remote control apps on the Joggler and LMS on the WD MyBookLive NAS are signed into my mysqueezebox.com account. This happens with the Logitech controller app and Squeeze Control. If I open the apps gallery on the Joggler while connected to the WD NAS and try to install Tunein Radio it tells me that it is already installed. If I try to connect to the mysqueezebox.com library with the Squeeze Control app on the Joggler via the WD MyBookLive NAS it just times out. I've tried rolling back to the previous version of Squeezeplayer but the same thing happens. Squeezeplay OS connected to the WD MyBookLive NAS shows all my apps too. Any ideas?

I guess if all else fails I could roll back to a previous version of LMS on the WD NAS.
dwl99

Re: Squeezeplay question

Post by dwl99 »

Problem solved after a good deal of head-scratching. I think there was a problem with the Android Joggler's MAC address which prevented it logging into mysqueezebox.com. In the end I got it working by using a clean install of Android on a USB stick & used one of my other Jogglers. The "problem" Joggler can be used as a SqueezeplayOS machine.
pete

Re: Squeezeplay question

Post by pete »

Unrelated specifically to Squeezeplay but more to my network stuff. I am just under 1/2 of a class c subnet here.

That said I utilize a very small scope for DHCP and have my IPs / DNS names and even MAC addresses custom configured.

Reason for this though is that I monitor the network and remote control many devices on the network.

The remote control of each device has to have the DNS name, IP and MAC address validated before the remote control pieces work.

IE: Historically I have also spoofed my mac address on the linux firewalls (and always changing them).

Relating to SP/SB I have two players online with GUI's. One is connected to my Russound Zoned audio system. The screen is not looked at as it sits on a rack next to the audio zoned amps. Another one is running SqueezeLite and also remote controlled. Its a waste to use a Joggler for squeeze lite such that I will probably repurpose the Russound Joggler with a device running Squeezelite as I have built another remote touchscreen with an interface to the mothership that talks to the squeezelite boxes.

Just related to audio I have two Russound 6 zoned amps running plus three autonomous amps running and feeding some 20 audio zones with up to 15 audio sources that can be unique per zone. Mostly speakers are in wall but there are rooms with externally mounted speakers (outdoor deck and garage has Russound outdoor external speakers).

Audio zones local control is via Touchscreens (3 types and Russound Keypads).
JogglerMAC.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater