Joggler Ubuntu Automation

Non Joggler related discussion.
pete

Joggler Ubuntu Automation

Post by pete »

I didn't know where to post this.

An FYI that I am now running my ported to Linux Automation software on a Joggler (Buzz's Ubuntu Build). It works well on the Joggler.
Pic-1.jpg
Pic-2.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Juggler

Re: Joggler Ubuntu Automation

Post by Juggler »

Pete,

Which ubuntu build are you using ?

Are you still using this now and if so, how has it been going ?

Does HomeSeer build on the motion project by Kenneth Lavrsen ?

http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/ ... otionGuide

Would it be possible to feed vibration and sound measurements in there too ? I noticed there is a category for audio, have you tried that out ? Just wondering what that does ?

Sorry - lots of questions. But this is an area I'm very interested in. HomeSeer is not open source is it ?
pete

Re: Joggler Ubuntu Automation

Post by pete »

Juggler,

Recently updating all of the Linux boxes to Ubuntu 14.XX that relate to automation. That said I have for a bit shut off HS3 and ventured to other automation applications in Linux to play.

Homeseer doesn't do anything with video motion analysis. That said though have been playing with Zoneminder which does do video motion analysis for event triggers for many years.

Two zoneminder boxes are running today using Ubuntu 14.XX. I do have event triggers configured that talk via xAP or X10. That said it (video motion analysis) only works so so. I am sort of picky about this though.

The newest IP HD cams that I have also include video motion analysis.

Its really only OK but not depended on. I utilize mostly analog sensors (a variety today) for motion detection. That does include vibration (I call mine "thumpers") and sound measurements. Its my own name though for my stuff.

That said you can also mix them both to provide a little bit better detection. I utilize software and hardware for the automation stuff. My current configuration has some 20 plus analog devices plugged into it.

IE: been playing with the weather using direct satellite radio mapping downloads as an alternative to internet weather maps.

I do utilize text to speech (but not speech recognition) with Homeseer and "collect" domestic and international fonts (sort of a hobby in itself). I mostly bug the wife with different automation languages stuff.

Homeseer is not open source. I have though utilized it since the late 1990's when it was about $30 USD to purchase. That said today I have multiple HS2 and HS3 licenses cuz I like to tinker with it.

Audio today is via a zoned amplifier system from a company called Russound. I have 12 audio zones configured with it. I also have another 8 audio zones configured with another device. Both of these devices are controlled via an RS-232 interface and can be talked to via my Leviton HAI OPII panel or the Homeseer software.

I do not do much multimedia automation these days even though I have IR blasters here and there.
motion project by Kenneth Lavrsen ?
Very neato stuff you got me looking at.

Here over the years have tried to break Homeseer by adding a bunch of stuff to it; it does do well today with the analog connectivity.

There is also a MS Kinect plugin you can utilize with it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater