Lenovo X61 - my new project

Non Joggler related discussion.
dwl99

Lenovo X61 - my new project

Post by dwl99 »

I just bought a Lenovo X61 (well, 2 actually!) for £59 from these people. It's a really dinky size, just slightly chunkier than a netbook & has a core2duo 2GHz CPU. The build quality is fantastic & my plan is to put Win7 on one for my daughter and Hackintosh on the other. Might need a memory upgrade from the 2GB supplied but will see how it goes. I'm also planning on upgrading the wireless card to N & will need to flash a modified BIOS to enable SATA II.
hawsey

Re: Lenovo X61 - my new project

Post by hawsey »

Wow that's cheap , let us know your progress :x:smile::smile::smile:

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

ha ha one smiley face turned in to four .... have always fancied a hackintosh since I bought a samsung nc 10 a few years ago but the screen got broke : the vids of it working on the nc10 were great .

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

I am currently utilizing one of the last IBM laptop models today for my weather station in FL.

It is running Cumulus and the LCD screen is folded and the laptop is sitting on a shelf. Its been on 24/7 now for about 2.5 years.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Win7 running smoothly on one machine and OSX Snow Leopard on the other. Although the Hackintosh has no audio or wifi at the mo. More work to do!