Dead but not forgotten

Non Joggler related discussion.
ilovemyjoggler

Re: Dead but not forgotten

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

pete_c wrote:She was the size of my palm when I got her. I feed her with a nosedropper for a bit and would make breakfast for her every morning.
No wonder she loves you! Does this mean she's used to being handled by you? If so, do you need protection from her feet as they look like they could cause a little pain.

She's really cute especially in the second photo with a quizzical expression. I like her eyes.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Thank goodness, she's not a Norwegian Blue!!!
pete

Post by pete »

Yes she is used to me handling her; always have. She has always gone on my index finger; which today is odd considering how big she is. In the car I have a "parrot" seat for her which buckles to the seat belt. She also rides on my shoulder and yes I have gone into a bar with her on my shoulder.

I do though use my thumb to hold her claws down on my index finger. She lets me flip her upside down when we walk; she holds her head straignt up but her body is upsidedown. She doesn't really fly anymore. I have never clipped her wings and she has never really flown a lot. She flys down typically to break her fall.

She loves mash potatoes and will typically dive into her food bowl and get her beak all full of mash potatoes.
Attachments
FB-P-007.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I did read that the Norwegian Blue did exist.
Dr David Waterhouse, a fossil expert and Python fan, has found that parrots not only lived in Scandinavia 55million years ago, but probably evolved there before spreading into the southern hemisphere.
His discovery was based on a preserved wing bone of a previously unknown species, given the scientific name Mopsitta Tanta - and now nicknamed the Norwegian Blue
A fossil expert has discovered that parrots not only lived in the region 55million years ago but probably evolved there before spreading to the Southern Hemisphere
Dr Waterhouse, 29, said of Mopsitta Tanta: "Obviously, we were dealing with a bird that is bereft of life, but the tricky bit was establishing it was a parrot.".
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

pete_c wrote:In the car I have a "parrot" seat for her which buckles to the seat belt. She also rides on my shoulder and yes I have gone into a bar with her on my shoulder.
:lol: Bird man Pete, this is just brilliant!!
pete

Post by pete »

Really Kika has become somewhat integrated into the family.

She has always been OK with my blood relations (grandparents, parents, sisters, kids et al) just fine in the 1970's to current time but not even wife #1 (or girlfriends)...or thereafterwards....truely the jealous type....thinking about it wife #1 kept moving her to different parts of the home....for whatever reason...at the time she lived more on her cage then in her cage......had a dog then....Brandy would walk up to the cage and bark at her....one day kika flew off the cage and attacked Brandy...nipped her in the snout; blood everywhere....dog went off whimpering in some corner of the house (lots of blood)...and she never barked at her again....

Watched a movie a few weeks ago; kind of a black comedy of sorts...funny; there was a parrot in the movie....very simple movie; good acting....don't watch regular TV here and literally only watch movies or old TV shows from the 60's lately...thinking now it was most likely related to the parrot being in the movie and my wanting to see it....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381931/

Back to the subject at hand....if you find a good deal here in the US; just have it shipped to me and I will ship it to you there.....shipping is not too high and these days I can track the package from here to your doorstep....
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Ended up getting the following for my sister in law.

1 - Asus Monitor model VE208T for $119.00 USD with free shipping

http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors ... /#overview

2 - Asus P4-P541 core duo with an E7500 and 2Gb of memory for $145.00 plus shipping

http://www.asus.com/Barebone_PCs/P4P5G41/#overview

I've had an Asus LCD monitor now for a couple of years and its been doing fine using HDMI with it. I like that the Asus LCD's come with cables these days. It does well too this multiscreen video thing. I didn't like the ASUS stand and mounted it on a pivotal HP "do what" stand which I like much better. I did have to modify the HP stand a bit such that it would fit the VESA mount on the Asus.
Attachments
Computer-Asus.jpg
Computer-Asus.jpg (33.08 KiB) Viewed 10508 times
Monitor-Asus.jpg
- Pete

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Nice looking monitor pete. Ours seems tiny & very square compared to what's available these days.

I'll be out of action for a while as i'm going into hospital. Hopefully I'll have time & inclination to mug up on hardware while recovering. :)
gegs

Post by gegs »

I hope you have a speedy recovery.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Thank you gegs. :D
pete

Post by pete »

Yup; a wish of a speedy recovery from Chicago to you!

If you get bored; write to us all on the forum...you have all of us as your virtual family here.....
- Pete

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Thanks guys, the kind thoughts are much appreciated! :D