Tiny CLI Linux

Non Joggler related discussion.
roobarb!

Tiny CLI Linux

Post by roobarb! »

Hello all,

I would like some advice. I've put together the Joggler recovery tool, but it would be nice if people didn't have to download 230MB worth of Ubuntu Server to use it. So, does anyone have any recommendations for a really lightweight CLI-based Linux that I could use to do the same as the Joggler recovery tool does at the moment?

It just needs to be lightweight, preferably Debian or Ubuntu based (although I'm open to using anything that fits the bill) and without a whole host of oddities installed.

Ta!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Tiny CLI Linux

Post by BuZz »

I guess the "smallest" way would be a little initial ramfs with just a few tools, drivers and stuff you need. You could have a look at how ubuntu builds its initramfs and work from there perhaps. or maybe something like "linux from scratch" might help.
roobarb!

Re: Tiny CLI Linux

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:I guess the "smallest" way would be a little initial ramfs with just a few tools, drivers and stuff you need. You could have a look at how ubuntu builds its initramfs and work from there perhaps. or maybe something like "linux from scratch" might help.
Thanks, BuZz, I'll take a look. See how frightened I get at the prospect. ;)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)