Printer advice - any guru's out there?

Non Joggler related discussion.
ilovemyjoggler

Printer advice - any guru's out there?

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Any help please? I have to buy a laser printer and I'm looking at one that has dpi of 600 x 600 (1200 effective dpi with HP FastRes 1200). Does anyone have any experience of HP's FastRes - does it really emulate 1200 dpi? Many TIA.
ilovemyjoggler

Re: Printer advice - any guru's out there?

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

I'll be able to answer this soon as the deed is done. :)
pete

Post by pete »

Is the deed done?

Here for years now have utilized the office model HP laser printers.

They are a bit bigger. That said I have a little paper supply walk in closet which I also set up as a printer room in which all of the printers are on the network. Originally though it was a walk in clothes closet and I redid it all though and what is nice is that there is a door which we keep shut such that you do not hear any noise from the printers.

My wife wanted a printer next to her desk so I purchased and set up one of those little mini Samsung Laser printers. Works well.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Pete how funny. Even your printers have their own room. I love the sound of your house! :)

Yes the deed is done although it hasn't arrived yet so I'm none the wiser about the quality. This printer is for work. I've circumvented IT to get my own printer off the network - they're not happy about it so in an effort to appease I agreed to stick to hp (same as all the others we have) although I had seen a lovely little samsung that I liked the look of...
pete

Post by pete »

Yup; the little Samsung has been fine over the years (as the HP's).

One room in the house was turned into an office at home sort of. Wife's at home office is a converted bedroom with a desk in it. Less space for a printer.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater