Unity on small screens

Non Joggler related discussion.
BuZz
Site Admin

Unity on small screens

Post by BuZz »

is useless - because they don't check the res and adjust icon size accordingly.

Specifically Unity 2d in this case, but normal unity behaves the same afaik.

erm.. id like those icons a bit smaller please..!

oh and you can't have the brightness app yet. I just don't get along with unity in general. Ubuntu Classic please.
Colincliff

Re: Unity on small screens

Post by Colincliff »

That's a shame, I was hoping that it would be a great touchscreen os. I really like the look of it. Large icons are not always unwelcome but I agree that there a bit on the large size!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

thankfully it's only the "main" screen that has those massive icons. I hope they will address this in a future update. The other "apps" screen has much better sized icons and suits the joggler better. However no applets work with the new interface, they have to be converted to "indicators" and currently that means no brightness app. On my main desktop, unity just doesn't really work too. I might be switching back to linux mint on my desktop with their next release. Currently on Ubuntu Classic (That they have said they will remove in the next Ubuntu)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Hmm. I was having a play with Natty yesterday and had nothing but trouble with Unity. So much so that I binned the VM and went back to 10.10 - even Ubuntu Classic was being twitchy.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
acesabe

Post by acesabe »

Disappointing especially as Unity is afaik, designed for small/touch screens. I think a bug report would be appropriate!