PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Fishy

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download v3.101 here!

Post by Fishy »

Sticks - pot luck; I've been lucky; all unbranded; SqPOS one came from eBuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/126211-extra-valu ... -ev-usb8gb.

Failing sound - I had that problem but eventually traced it to a poor usb connector and it hasn't recurred; the software is fine.
I have also found they can be sensitive to electrical spikes which can knock off the sound; kitchen in particular whenever the cooker hood was switched on!!!
Cured that with a surge protector from ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-Surgem ... 43b6f76500 and it hasn't happened since. ;)
PTK

Post by PTK »

Nice one. Thanks Fishy. Will give it a rattle.
gegs

Post by gegs »

This should probably be on the SqpOS thread but I was using a Kingston DataTraveler G2 16Gb stick to run Squeezeplay OS. It had worked faultlessly with other Joggler OSes but I had problems with SqpOS. Reboot wouldn't work; I had to shut down and then power up otherwise it would stick at the O2 logo and I'd have to reflash the stick. Enabling Airplay was hit and miss; I'd install and enable Airplay - but the first time I did, it took hours (overnight) before the Joggler was available as an Airplay device to my iPad. The second time I installed (after the above-mentioned O2 logo freeze) Airplay took 2 days to appear.

I've since written Squeezeplay OS to a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8Gb stick - and the difference is incredible. Everything is more responsive and when I installed and enabled Airplay it was available immediately to all my Apple devices.

The strange thing is that the Cruzer Blade is a very slow stick with regard to write speed. Writing the image to the Kingston was fairly quick, fluctuating from 5 to 8 Mb/s, but the Sandisk write speeds were less than 1 Mb/s for the entire process. I'm not sure if the slower speed of the Sandisk equates to better stability and accuracy but so far it has been much better than the Kingston DataTraveler in my experience.
sjjg

Post by sjjg »

Just installed PnP III on one of my jogglers. Looks great, but Opera doesn't work. I see the X11 cursor, the screen flashes, then I'm back to the Joggler homescreen. Any tips?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Have you tried rebooting?
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

i haven't updated my two Jogglers with newest pnp since last two versions.I will for sure in the Future! Is it possible to add XBMC also in next versions, or would this be impossible?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Sorry - if it's XMBC you want, you'll need the XMBC OS (see it's own thread). It won't run on the Joggler OS.
sjjg

Post by sjjg »

offbeatdave wrote:Have you tried rebooting?
Yeah, I have. I tried running it from an SSH session, but got a libSDL error. Is this usually in the update? It's not on mine.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

All I can think of is that it hasn't executed the installer properly. Reflash to clean Joggler OS, then install PnP again.
sjjg

Post by sjjg »

offbeatdave wrote:All I can think of is that it hasn't executed the installer properly. Reflash to clean Joggler OS, then install PnP again.
Yep, you were right! Reflash sorted it out. Thanks!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

sjjg wrote:
offbeatdave wrote:All I can think of is that it hasn't executed the installer properly. Reflash to clean Joggler OS, then install PnP again.
Yep, you were right! Reflash sorted it out. Thanks!
No problem!
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Hello guys really a great job, I received my first Joggler right today from UK and I installed the latest version of PnP! I have a question, don't know if this is the correct section and please don't hate me, but is there any place where to get the old icon set? I like a lot the "neon blue" style of the default OSand I'd like to keep it.. I did a lot of search also outside this forum but I didn't find anything:(
Thanks a lot!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Leonardo wrote:Hello guys really a great job, I received my first Joggler right today from UK and I installed the latest version of PnP! I have a question, don't know if this is the correct section and please don't hate me, but is there any place where to get the old icon set? I like a lot the "neon blue" style of the default OSand I'd like to keep it.. I did a lot of search also outside this forum but I didn't find anything:(
Thanks a lot!
Hmm. Don't think I've got a copy without starting out with a clean original Joggler and pulling the icon.swf files from it. Someone else here may have them though.

A potential issue you'd have with using the original icons is that there are only the neon blue ones for a small number of the apps:
Radio
Weather if you applied the old icon to the new app
News if you applied the old icon to the new app
Music
Video
Photos
Calculator - I think that's it.
It may look a little odd with a mix of the two (although who am I to judge what looks good :D )

Don't worry, I won't hate you for asking, although it's not a feature I'll be adding to the next PnP build - sorry!
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

You don't have to say sorry!!! I think my is a strange request!
_maybe_ having the stock of original icons I can _try_ to create the missing icons with the same style, GIMP is always a good friend!
BTW, I see some icons are swf and some are png... can I use png files everywhere?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Leonardo wrote:I see some icons are swf and some are png... can I use png files everywhere?
For some reason, I had to rename some .png as .swf to get them to work with some apps! Nearly everything is actually a .png (apart from iPlayer and YouTube and some of the stock apps) even if it says it is a .swf
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Ahh ok! I didn't do "file" to inspect the format of the file, Joggler just arrived I did a very quick tour just to see how it works! Thanks for answer!
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Hi guys, sorry for buggin again... is it normal that my o2 won't to boot anymore from USB stick? I'm trying to do boot with Ubuntu or other things (trying Roobarb's flashing tool) but there's no way to boot! It always boots with Openpeak image!! Can I fix this? Didn't find any info about :(
(I also tryied with the flood of ESC key sequence during poweron but no results -_-)
Thanks all
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Have you tried a different USB stick? If it's booting into the Joggler OS then to me that suggests that the problem is with the USB stick (or the image on the USB stick) rather than with the Joggler itself.
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

ok I'm stupid inside... let me explain: I tryed a lot of different sticks, mainly Kingston (never had problems with them!)
the STRANGE IS: the same it worked for first installation, now won't work!!! At the end I'm using a micro-sd and a USB adapter and it booted at the first shot... no need to use usb hub, keyboard and stuffs like this... strange or not?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Very odd!