PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download & details he

Post by offbeatdave »

bobbydee48 wrote:I am writing the reflash to usb stick using windisk32 When I try to open the usb it says stick is formatted. Should I be using another programme to write to the stick.

I then need to transfer the flash script, I am getting there but slowly.
No, you are correct in using windisk32imager (or whatever it's proper name is!). Just to confirm, does it say it IS formatted or NOT formatted after writing the reflash image? Are you writing roobarb's reflasher or the OpenPeak one?
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
pukington

Post by pukington »

Just bunged on the latest version to get uptodate, working fine thanks, as usual Dave, cheers :P

I'm having issues with mounting, i know this has been covered, but dont know if someone can point me in the right direction.

I want to mount a folder from a remote share on my network to share pictures with my joggler, thus being able to display them potentially in a slideshow enviroment, either within squeezeplay or if i can figure how to change the paths within the slideshow/screensaver.

I would like this to be available on startup, in previous linux distro's i've been able to do this by editing fstab to mount on startup, but that'd be if i could get the thing mounted in the first place! :shock:

All i can get is this:

Code: Select all

# /bin/mount -t cifs //192.168.0.101//slideshow /media/slideshow -o user=photo,password=password,iocharset=utf8
mount: mounting //192.168.0.101//slideshow on /media/slideshow failed: No such device
#
I can ping the synology device from my joggler, but whatever i've tried i cannot get it to mount. It almost went out the window last night! Anyone got any idea's as i'm tired and stumped.
Mx560

Post by Mx560 »

pukington wrote:Just bunged on the latest version to get uptodate, working fine thanks, as usual Dave, cheers :P

I'm having issues with mounting, i know this has been covered, but dont know if someone can point me in the right direction.

I want to mount a folder from a remote share on my network to share pictures with my joggler, thus being able to display them potentially in a slideshow enviroment, either within squeezeplay or if i can figure how to change the paths within the slideshow/screensaver.

I would like this to be available on startup, in previous linux distro's i've been able to do this by editing fstab to mount on startup, but that'd be if i could get the thing mounted in the first place! :shock:

All i can get is this:

# /bin/mount -t cifs //192.168.0.101//slideshow /media/slideshow -o user=photo,password=password,iocharset=utf8
mount: mounting //192.168.0.101//slideshow on /media/slideshow failed: No such device
#
I can ping the synology device from my joggler, but whatever i've tried i cannot get it to mount. It almost went out the window last night! Anyone got any idea's as i'm tired and stumped.
Try this, I eventually mounted my share using this

mount -t cifs //192.168.0.4\share /mnt/music -o username=xxx,password=xxxxx

where share is the name of folder on my computer and music is a folder I created on the joggler
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Mx560 wrote:

where share is the name of folder on my computer and music is a folder I created on the joggler
Nice one - I will pop a link to this in the first post.
bobbydee48

Post by bobbydee48 »

My mistake it says it is not formatted. Not sure which one it is but it says 1.09. I am having to reflash as I cannot telnet to the joggler after software update.
adamduk

Post by adamduk »

Hi All, 1st post after spending several hours reading this wealth of info, but still a little stuck...

I recently bought a Joggler with had had an update already done, looked like the standard OS with the addition of TV channels. I'd like squeezeplay but not been able to get it to work... I updated to PnP with the first link by simply rebooting from a usb, but only half has worked. e.g. Internet works, angry birds works and iPlayer TV is fine, but squeezebox wont show up as an icon (even after doing 2 beeps on installing squeezeplay on its own) and the other pages of games don't show.

I can Http: from my PC and get the black and yellow PNP interface, and connect and play on the joggler sees my logitech media server and streams music fine.

Firmware is 8353.52 (boardrev:2)
Software is 24514.S2c (mar 19 2010)

I tried the reflash, however windisk32 renders the USB drive unformatted, so can't add the scripts.

I'm happy with the software as it is, would just like squeezeplay - what do I need to do?

bobbydee48

Post by bobbydee48 »

I used a different usb stick and loaded up original o2 software. I enter open then ip address. It asks for atom link. what do I do from there. I have the usb with pnp 111 in the joggler. Nearly there with the help of everybody on the forum.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

bobbydee48 wrote:I used a different usb stick and loaded up original o2 software. I enter open then ip address. It asks for atom link. what do I do from there. I have the usb with pnp 111 in the joggler. Nearly there with the help of everybody on the forum.
If you are on the original o2 software you don't need to telnet in at all!

You just boot up the joggler with the PnP III stick in. It'll look like it's not doing anything for a while (it'll stay on the OpenPeak or O2 first screen), look like it's rebooting a few times and then will hopefully fire up with your new PnP III joggler! Mine take 12 minutes on an original o2 Joggler. Others report up to 20 minutes.

Check the instructions in the very first post for more detail.

Let me know how you get on.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

adamduk wrote:Hi All, 1st post after spending several hours reading this wealth of info, but still a little stuck...

I recently bought a Joggler with had had an update already done, looked like the standard OS with the addition of TV channels. I'd like squeezeplay but not been able to get it to work... I updated to PnP with the first link by simply rebooting from a usb, but only half has worked. e.g. Internet works, angry birds works and iPlayer TV is fine, but squeezebox wont show up as an icon (even after doing 2 beeps on installing squeezeplay on its own) and the other pages of games don't show.

I can Http: from my PC and get the black and yellow PNP interface, and connect and play on the joggler sees my logitech media server and streams music fine.

Firmware is 8353.52 (boardrev:2)
Software is 24514.S2c (mar 19 2010)

I tried the reflash, however windisk32 renders the USB drive unformatted, so can't add the scripts.

I'm happy with the software as it is, would just like squeezeplay - what do I need to do?

To be honest, I'd reflash with the OpenPeak update (linked in first post) and then PnP III it. You may need to use a different USB or even a different USB port on your computer to get WinDiskImager to work successfully.
bobbydee48

Post by bobbydee48 »

Flashed to O2 original. Unzipped to usb stick pnp3_v3.042 powered off joggler inserted usb. I have tried this twice with different usb sticks but pnp3 is not loading.

Am I doing it correctly by unzipping to usb. Is there anything else I can try.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

what actually happens when you try and boot with the pnp III stick in?
Mx560

Post by Mx560 »

bobbydee48 wrote:Flashed to O2 original. Unzipped to usb stick pnp3_v3.042 powered off joggler inserted usb. I have tried this twice with different usb sticks but pnp3 is not loading.

Am I doing it correctly by unzipping to usb. Is there anything else I can try.
Strange :shock: , try using the USB stick you used to flash the O2 image as joggler obviously boots from that one,
format it to fat32 using something like minitool partition wizard (free),
Unzip PnP3 to it ,plug it in restart joggler and give it time ,it can take up to 20 minutes
adamduk

Post by adamduk »

All done - thank you :)

For some reason my 'not formatted' usb stick came up as working with the reflash tool on it in a different usb slot on the pc. Added the script and image to the directory and went back to O2 stock.

Then just unzipped the PNP, and now all good! A little different as it's 5x3 icons and the side bar arrow and doesn't have some of the games and icons... Is that because I reflashed to O2 rather than Openpeak?
pukington

PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download & details here!

Post by pukington »

Mx560 wrote:
pukington wrote:Just bunged on the latest version to get uptodate, working fine thanks, as usual Dave, cheers :P

All i can get is this:

#

Cheers for the info mate. I'm moving house today/tomorrow so shall have a go as soon as I can. I appreciate your reply!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

adamduk wrote:All done - thank you :)

For some reason my 'not formatted' usb stick came up as working with the reflash tool on it in a different usb slot on the pc. Added the script and image to the directory and went back to O2 stock.

Then just unzipped the PNP, and now all good! A little different as it's 5x3 icons and the side bar arrow and doesn't have some of the games and icons... Is that because I reflashed to O2 rather than Openpeak?
Yeah, it's really just games and side arrows that is different.
bobbydee48

Post by bobbydee48 »

Tried four usb sticks and still no pnp111 update on old O2 firmware. It just boots up as normal to the original O2 screen. All the old apps still working as far as I can see. Better than before but would still like pnp111 update if possible.

Tried the stick that put on the O2 software but still no luck.

All I am doing is unzipping pnp 111 straight to usb stick. Any ideas it must be something simple I am missing.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

bobbydee48 wrote:Tried four usb sticks and still no pnp111 update on old O2 firmware. It just boots up as normal to the original O2 screen. All the old apps still working as far as I can see. Better than before but would still like pnp111 update if possible.

All I am doing is unzipping pnp 111 straight to usb stick. Any ideas it must be something simple I am missing.
Can you either upload a screen grab of the files on the USB stick or list them here please.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

bobbydee48 wrote:Tried four usb sticks and still no pnp111 update on old O2 firmware. It just boots up as normal to the original O2 screen. All the old apps still working as far as I can see. Better than before but would still like pnp111 update if possible.

Hello. I am a complete computer novice so can't give any advice. However, with massive help from the forum I have reflashed, updgraded, installed PnPIII and Joli OS. As I had no idea what I was doing, I took no shortcuts at all. With that in mind, (opening myself up to ridicule for a stupid suggestion - I'm SOOO glad forum is anonymous!) have you downloaded PnPIII to your desktop, unzipped it to your desktop and then tried copying to a clean usb rather than going straight to stick? It's the way I did it.....My first try failed as it didn't like the stick but worked fine with a different usb.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:

Hello. I am a complete computer novice so can't give any advice. However, with massive help from the forum I have reflashed, updgraded, installed PnPIII and Joli OS. As I had no idea what I was doing, I took no shortcuts at all. With that in mind, (opening myself up to ridicule for a stupid suggestion - I'm SOOO glad forum is anonymous!) have you downloaded PnPIII to your desktop, unzipped it to your desktop and then tried copying to a clean usb rather than going straight to stick? It's the way I did it.....My first try failed as it didn't like the stick but worked fine with a different usb.
Not such a daft idea you know. I reckon i had this issue once cos i went straight to stick from archive! Go from zip to computer to stick and see what happens!
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

offbeatdave wrote:Not such a daft idea you know. I reckon i had this issue once cos i went straight to stick from archive! Go from zip to computer to stick and see what happens!
Oh I say, offbeatdave you have made my day!