O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
dangerousbh

Re: O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April

Post by dangerousbh »

Still no update to my joggler, suits me just fine as I use the
Lounge radio app daily! :D
pete

Post by pete »

Here in the US/Chicago area I no longer get any radio stations on my base Joggler O2 PnP MK II'd OS (before the update).

Interesting that they are all off now.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

interesting also...my PnPII joggler that HAS NOT updated still gets the Sky News feed OK. Maybe worth pursuing.. as its better than than a USA Today one for us flag waving brits
iberian123

Re: O2: Updating O2 Joggler.

Post by iberian123 »

Hello there, this is my first message on this forum.

Thanks guys for the great up-to-date info.

I don't really want the update either. Now they are gonna get rid of the internet radio, and the Youtube app.

I spoke to a O2 guru on 5/5/12. He said that the engineers are working very hard to get the update rolling out as fast as possible.

The update should be complete on all Jogglers by tomorrow he said.

It's now 11.47 pm, on Sunday evening, and my Joggler has not been updated yet.

I feel that it will be another week, until we all have the update, that it can go back to the o2 hq.

When my Joggler is updated, I will tell you.

I'm in London, maybe the update could happen here first, or it could occur last.

Cheers guys.

iberian123 :ugeek:
Kampfwurst

Post by Kampfwurst »

hello

I have a big problem. My Joggler has updated this night. Now my squeezeplay is missing
How can I install this again?

Christoph
deongorle

Post by deongorle »

Hi All,

Just got off a quick online support chat with an O2 representative and thought id post the chat here (just full of apologies really), perhaps others should do the same and give them a bit of a nudge ;-) :

You're through to Gray.

Deon: Hi, After the promise of an update for our beloved O2 Jogglers between 30th April and 4th May i still find that thousands of us are still waiting for the update (preferably a 'FULLY' working one), why the delay and what sort of compensation can we expect to receive for the loss of the messagine service (we were not told the service was going to be removed when we bought our products) and after reading over the T&C's and agreements there was no mention of it either (which im sure you are aware is a clear breech)

Gray: Hi I'm Gray. How can I help?

Deon: BTW can i have a 'Reserched' answer please oppose to an automated one

Gray: I'll check this for you.

Gray: Give me a few moments.

Deon: I have 4 mobile contracts you and am wondering wether to renew them or not at the moment, the service were receiving with regards to our jogglers is sub standard, perhaps our mobile contracts will receive similar sub standard services in the future as well?

Deon: OK No Rush.

Gray: I completely understand your concern and I'm sorry for the delay in the upgrade of the services as well.

Deon: An update on your website would be nice so at least we know whats happening

Gray: The upgrade was due between the time you mentioned but we're trying to work on a few things which we thought might affect the users, a few things are irratic and/or non functional and currenlty are still looking into them.

Gray: As soon as we've a fixed date we'll inform all our customers it'll be updated on the website as well.

Deon: A simple little posting on the forums or website would be nice so we all know whats happening in the mean time :-)

Gray: I understand you've had to wait for long and can understand the wait can be a problem. We really apologise for the same.

Gray: As soon as the update is available we'll share it with al the customers and be assured this isn't the level of service we want our customers to receive.

Gray: I've taken your feedback and will definitely pass it on.

Deon: The update was posted on a non official forum although half the stuff just doesnt work and its packed full of awful games that no one wants, not sure whats happening to O2 recently, you guys used to be sooooo good, ill have to give renewing my 4 mobile contracts some serious thought next month, especiually when others are offering unlimited data and O2 are only offering a piffling 1GB. Many thanks for your time, im just off to the forums to post this chat we've had so others can at lease see whats happening as well.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

My PnP mk 2 joggler has not updated either and I've kept my vanilla joggler purposely unplugged so as not receive the downgrade from O2.
Has anyone with a Pnp 2 upgraded joggler had the upgrade yet?
If not it might be worth putting it on :-)
Happy Joggling
MojoDave

Post by MojoDave »

hawsey wrote:My PnP mk 2 joggler has not updated either and I've kept my vanilla joggler purposely unplugged so as not receive the downgrade from O2.
Has anyone with a Pnp 2 upgraded joggler had the upgrade yet?
If not it might be worth putting it on :-)
I have two PnP II , one 'upgraded' this evening after it hung and needed a reboot - other one was still fine last time I looked.
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

Sadly I think O2 "thought" they could wow us with so much..but it doesnt even support Google Calendar..

I have 2 O2 contracts... if this is the standard of behavior.... it might be time to vote with my feet.... as they;ve crippled our paid for Jogglers until this team put the new system together....

So near & yet so far O2... you didnt deliver.. apart from a tablet full of mediocre games.... please respect your PAYING public!
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

PnP II still not up(down)graded up here yet :D
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

Tsundere wrote:I managed to get the old modified radio (the one where you can edit an xml file for alternate streams) installed but the volume control slider no longer appears. The only way to change volume is to....

Home -> Settings -> Audio -> Volume -> Slider -> Ok

...every time you want to adjust the volume.

What would have been better is if they made better use of that musical note icon in the new "taskbar" at top and have that bring up the volume slider with a tap. At the moment it does nothing other than light up to indicate audio is playing.
Is this the PURE-branded one?
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

vinnielo wrote:
Tsundere wrote:I managed to get the old modified radio (the one where you can edit an xml file for alternate streams) installed but the volume control slider no longer appears...
Is this the PURE-branded one?
Yes. I've got it working in PnP III but without the volume control still. I've also redirected the stations away from the o2 feeds to the general Pure Lounge ones.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

Does the RadioFeeds XML feed work with this app?
If not, I'll look into what can be done tonight.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

vinnielo wrote:Does the RadioFeeds XML feed work with this app?
If not, I'll look into what can be done tonight.
In my Pnp III stuff, I've changes the feeds in the xml file to point to different ones other that the o2 versions the Lounge previously hosted. I've also changed it to point at the station icons added to the Joggler instead of online ones. Seems to be working so far.
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

Right, but that's editing the on-board XML file rather than pointing to the XML file that I'm hosting.
I'll have a play the next few nights.
iberian123

Post by iberian123 »

Hi there guys,

I've just spoken to an O2 guy, through O2 chat.

He has no information, on what is going on about the Joggler update.

He told me to phone 202 on my home phone, but it does nothing.

My Joggler, still has not been updated, can anyone reveal what is going on please?

I know some O2 customers have had their Joggler's updated.

I just want my Joggler updated. Then maybe, I can try to get the internet radio, and other features back.

See you later guys. :o
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

why not update manually using the usb image that was posted here ?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

vinnielo wrote:Right, but that's editing the on-board XML file rather than pointing to the XML file that I'm hosting.
I'll have a play the next few nights.
Oh yeah, sorry, didn't read that carefully during my lunch break!
smiler

Post by smiler »

My first Joggler updated itself on 30th April; when I posted at that time I reported that the google calendar wasn't working (wouldn't log in properly).

My second Joggler has now updated itself, and the google calendar is working on it. Google calendar still isn't working on the first.

Both Jogglers have duplicated (2 of each) icons for Youtube , Calendar, and Weather.

I can still telnet in to both; IIRC I was previously able to ssh in to them also, so I guess the update killed sshd.

I'm not in a hurry to "fix" things; I prefer the new clock, and Squeezeplayer and BBC iPlayer are the only applications that I really care about.
Russ

Post by Russ »

I received my joggler update yesterday but time and date reverted to September 2009 o cannot find an app on joggler to update date and time. I have checked all folders but coiuld not find it. Now clock 12 hours behind. Any ideas how to change details. Thanks in advance.