O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
BuckbyJon

Re: O2: Updating O2 Joggler on 30th April

Post by BuckbyJon »

pete_c wrote:If you unplug and replug in the Joggler do the icons come back?

If not you can probably do the upgrade again via the menu choice if it is there?

Mine has not updated here in the US.
I have replugged it and tried to update it but 'Tools' and 'Games' still don't have an icon and just a blank space. Strange that I have had most of the new icons but none of the new games at all or USA Today etc. There doesn't seem to be a way to Factory reset it.
loobyloo

Post by loobyloo »

There must be many thousands of people like me who bought the Joggler mainly for its internet radio capabilities. Indeed that was how it was advertised. Now it no longer has that software and that capability is gone, surely the Joggler is no longer "fit for purpose" and we should all be entitled to refunds. The initial price of a hundred plus pounds is a lot of money for a clock, which is basically what I am left with. I think Trading Standards needs to get involved.
monkums

Post by monkums »

BuckbyJon wrote:
pete_c wrote:If you unplug and replug in the Joggler do the icons come back?

If not you can probably do the upgrade again via the menu choice if it is there?

Mine has not updated here in the US.
I have replugged it and tried to update it but 'Tools' and 'Games' still don't have an icon and just a blank space. Strange that I have had most of the new icons but none of the new games at all or USA Today etc. There doesn't seem to be a way to Factory reset it.
I have the same issue that I posted in another thread.
darrenkellum

Post by darrenkellum »

Hi guys

so today i turned my joggler back on and received the update. After the reboot my joggler now loops on the o2 screen. Great! Back to reflashing and trying again. Has anyone has the o2 loop after the update?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

darrenkellum wrote:Hi guys

so today i turned my joggler back on and received the update. After the reboot my joggler now loops on the o2 screen. Great! Back to reflashing and trying again. Has anyone has the o2 loop after the update?
A clean one of mine has just done this!
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Today they broke my kitchen Joggler!! Crappity crap crap crap!!
No browser. Crap
Lots of crap games
Stuttering YouTube! Crappity
Connect and play no where to be seen
More crap
Ahhh well it had to happen I suppose.
At what point will the updates stop I wonder so we can put on what we like and it wont get altered by "them"
:-)
Happy Joggling
darrenkellum

Post by darrenkellum »

Would anyone mind posting the script to update the image through terminal in Ubuntu in order to update to the latest update?
im using this to go back to the old firmware but its no longer working, just keeps sitting on the o2 screen.

Code: Select all

wget http://o2.openpeak.co.uk/firmware/app-o2flash-26635.8686-S3-f1-reimage.tgz
tar xvfz app-o2flash-26635.8686-S3-f1-reimage.tgz
sudo su 
tools/bin/partimage -z2 restore /dev/mmcblk0p2 payload/image.myg 
tools/bin/partimage -z2 restore /dev/mmcblk0p3 payload/image.myg 
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt 
cp payload/vmlinux /mnt/vmlinux0 
cp payload/vmlinux /mnt/vmlinux1 
cd /mnt
md5sum vmlinux0 >>sum0 
md5sum vmlinux1 >>sum1 
sed -i '3d' sum0 
sed -i '3d' sum1 

I wondered about just changing the web address to point to the new OpenPeak image but that didnt work either.

Thanks
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Hi, I'm new to the site and not techno savvy at all. I think mine is doing the same thing - on a loop of turning on and off at the o2 logo. Happened after the update - was working fine up to that point! If you find a way out of this I would be really grateful if you could post a step by step guide. I posted exactly what happened to mine on a new 'Help' thread. I wonder how many other jogglers have been affected this way?
dangerousbh

Post by dangerousbh »

Well, my joggler has finally updated itself today and I wish it hadnt.
Muchlike everyone else I now have a long list of games that I dont want and my messaging facility as well as the radio is long gone. :cry:
I am nowhere near clever enough to do much tinkering with it but really want to at least try to get a streaming radio app on it as this was its main purpose in my household, can a forum user please direct us less technical newbies through getting squezebox/play on my joggler or point me to a forum thread that explains this?
Also can someone tell me why on earth I now have the option to change the ringtone??
darrenkellum

Post by darrenkellum »

ilovemyjoggler wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the site and not techno savvy at all. I think mine is doing the same thing - on a loop of turning on and off at the o2 logo. Happened after the update - was working fine up to that point! If you find a way out of this I would be really grateful if you could post a step by step guide. I posted exactly what happened to mine on a new 'Help' thread. I wonder how many other jogglers have been affected this way?

Well hopefully if someone here can post the manual update script we can then load a copy of ubuntu onto a memory stick and download and flash the new o2 update again. Hopefully with a clean flash it should reboot ok.
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

My 2nd Joggler paused during Squeezeplay today and rebooted...

I've now got the O2 screen and bugger all else...
Nice going O2.... what did you do this time

I'll reflash to stock & back to PnPII but if O2 kill it again they're getting a pretty stroppy customer...

I suspect I'm not the only one too!
shawn_concerto

Post by shawn_concerto »

So is there any easy way to enable SSH and SCP on this version?
psionguy

Post by psionguy »

Mine has just updated, and I thought it was rubbish so have put back the original image and all is working fine, even got a welcome text from O2. I do hope it does not update again!
pete

Post by pete »

I still have not received my update here in the US; but I don't mind.

I wonder if the base update FW has changed or if its related to adjustments dones on the Joggler. If so it would be better probably to update your Jogglers with the original FW then try the update?

Off on a tangent here....

I've been playing with the radio application and noticed yesterday it worked for a time; then it went back to not working. The not working piece was either starting to buffer then quitting or the 2X speed playback of the radio stations.

Just curious if the Radio Lounge application is reliant on the O2 website / links?
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

pete_c wrote:
Off on a tangent here....

I've been playing with the radio application and noticed yesterday it worked for a time; then it went back to not working. The not working piece was either starting to buffer then quitting or the 2X speed playback of the radio stations.

Just curious if the Radio Lounge application is reliant on the O2 website / links?
The default radio station links (and early PnP Mk II ones) are from an o2-Joggler-specific depository on the Lounge servers, along with the icons. On my PnP III download, the radio stations point to the generic non-o2 versions and the icons are stored locally. You could download it and replace the appropriate files.

The volume control fix at the start of the PnP III thread could fix and update your radio app too actually.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
darrenkellum

Post by darrenkellum »

psionguy wrote:Mine has just updated, and I thought it was rubbish so have put back the original image and all is working fine, even got a welcome text from O2. I do hope it does not update again!
What method are you using to flash back to the original image?
photor

Post by photor »

mark
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

photor wrote:mark
Some spamming from this account going on. Deactivated - if you own the account and want it reactivating, please get in touch.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
shawn_concerto

Post by shawn_concerto »

I just found i cannot even telnet to my joggler. What a tragedy!! putty just closed, and if im trying Cygwin, it return failed to connect port 23.
I swear i can do the telnet thing yesterday.
Is there anyone can help?!!!

Really need advice!!!!
pete

Post by pete »

offbeatdave,

Updated Joggler with PNP3. Radio works!

Everything works with your updated PNP3 on the old O2 firmware. Thinking now my Joggler may never get the update because I've never registered it with O2.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater